AroundCampus

57 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Team Leader/Sales Interview

Sales Team Leader/Sales

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details Met the recruiter at the job fair and then set up an interview at the school then was called by the recruiter and told I was given the Sales Team Leader position.

Interview Question – Role playing on how I would sell their product to a client   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
College Park, MD (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Interview Details The hiring process was for the most part pretty typical. The one thing that I found to be particularly difficult was the pre-recorded interview that I had. I did not like it very much because it did not allow me to build rapport or talk to a real person. Instead there seemed to be a lot more pressure because I was not talk to a human but rather a pre-recored interviewer.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I faced in my interview was to describe my most embarrassing moment. I had never heard this asked in an interview before so I was not expecting it. I was unsure of what to say but didn't want to take too long to respond. Luckily I remembered an embarrassing event from a few weeks prior so I just told that story.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in May 2013.

Interview Details A couple casual phone conversations establishing an understanding, of the position an its entailed responsibilities, and relationship with regional manager. One 1:1 interview with said regional manager, the 1:1 was very sales-skill focused, testing my natural ability to pitch the product without prior training/coaching.

Interview Question – Sales skill role-playing, using the actual student planner.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2013.

Interview Details I was asked to do an online interview and then a skype interview and then I had to fill out a personality survey. Questions were just about my experiences and going over my resume. Strengths and weaknesses and if you are right for this position.

Interview Question – What are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Sales Intern Interview

Sales Intern
Chapel Hill, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details The recruiters want as many people as possible to apply. I went to a career fair, selected a time for the interview, and went for it a few days after the fair. The interviewer was really nice and explained what I would do as an intern, but I knew during the interview I didn't want the position. It was still good experience for interviewing, but this position requires a lot of work and little pay.

Interview Question – How would you rate this position on a scale of 1-10?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Charlottesville, VA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Interview Details The interview was pretty standard. The interviewer asked me about things on my resume, especially my internship from last summer. She also asked what about me will other people criticize and praise for. Then she did a mock sale with me about my favorite restaurant around campus. What I need to do was trying to sell an advertisement spot to that restaurant.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected. The questions were all pretty straightforward. However, you do need to be very energetic and enthusiastic.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details Networked at a career fair on college campus. Submitted my resume and had an interview scheduled for the following week. The interview was very conversational, and they really wanted to know about my availability, strengths and weaknesses, and why I would be the best salesperson out of the dozens of interviewers. One of the last questions was a mini-case where the interviewer asked me to perform an impromptu sales call for a local business that I liked

Interview Question – Pick your favorite restaurant...How would you convince the owner to purchase our product?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Outside Sales Intern Interview

Outside Sales Intern
Harrisonburg, VA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Interview Details A campus organization hosted a networking banquet where I met the UD recruiter for my region. She was extremely nice, outgoing, personable, and knowledgeable about the position. I gave her my resume and followed up the day after to express my interest in the position. I went through an online interview, a personality test, a phone interview, and a final in-person interview on campus.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Pay is commission-based.

Very Easy Interview

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details I was contacted via email from a regional manager who was interviewing at my university. I applied and heard back within a day or so to set up an interview. The interview was more conversational than some, but I was asked about specific experiences and how I would be a great candidate for the position. You need to be familiar with the position and be able to convey excitement.

Interview Question – Weaknesses, how much do you want this position.   Answer Question

Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2013.

Interview Details Initially met at a career fair. The lady was very nice and concerned about dedication because it is a tough internship. Had to fill out a sales assessment before my interview. I think they will ask you to give a sales pitch for their pamphlet. I wasn't asked I think because they said I did really well on the assessment. Otherwise standard questions like why are you interested, what are your goals for this position, strengths, weaknesses.

Interview Question – Why should we pick you over the other applicants?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none