AroundCampus

Updated 17 Feb 2015
Updated 17 Feb 2015

2.6

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2014.

I applied online. Next, I had a virtual interview. There were videos played of employees asking questions. I was then recorded and had 2 minutes to answer the question. This part was stressful and weird. Next, I had a Skype interview with my regional manager. My RM made me feel very comfortable and super excited for the position. I had a really good feeling about how the interview went. Next, I was emailed about the position being offered.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult of unexpected. I felt like all of the questions were basic interview questions that you hear about often.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2014.

One interview, it would help to have a plan when deciding if this program is the plan for you. Such as knowing what you would like to get out of the program. The management is amazing.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate location for internship

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in March 2014.

Apply online. Complete a virtual interview with pre-recorded questions (your able to review your responses and "try again"). They may then extend a second interview, which will be via skype or phone. Some people do an in person interview at their school, but I did not have to do that. Then they call you about a week after with your offer!

Interview Questions
    • Pretend that I am your favorite local restaurant, how would you pitch our product?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AroundCampus.

virtual, Skype, and in-person

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at AroundCampus.

It was fun, the interviewer really seemed to care

Interview Questions
    • You have to pretend the interviewer is the owner of your favorite restaurant and sell them your product.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2014.

I received an email from the recruiter telling me about the position. I applied online and they reached back out to me the next day. The recruiter was very energetic on the phone and told me about how they had done the internship a couple of years ago. They asked if i had a car, housing, and made sure I wouldn't be taking summer classes. After that, they sent me an email for the virtual interview. This was a little awkward just sitting there talking to my computer but it was only 7 questions so it was over quick and they said I did OK. A few days after that they called me and scheduled a 30-minute Skype interview for the following week. They asked about my hobbies, strengths/weaknesses, and even had me sell them an advertisement in their planner. They then told me EVERYTHING about the position. At the end they sent me an email for a personality assessment and said I'd hear back from them in 2 weeks. About 4 days later they called and offered me the job. My teammates met the recruiter at a career fair and did an in-person interview...so I guess it just depends.

Outside Sales Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus.

At the time I applied for an internship the company was known as University Directories. About 2 weeks after applying I got a call from a regional manager and we scheduled a short phone interview. I was asked question like "How do you think the internship will benefit you?" and "What about the company interests you?". After the phone interview, a virtual interview was scheduled. I was prepared for all those questions only because I read previous reviews on glassdoor. It was cool because I was able to rerecord my response if I messed up the first time. Following the virtual interview, a skype interview with the manger was scheduled. He was very nice and personable. That interview lasted about 45 minutes. He asked me to think of my favorite restaurant and act as if I was trying to sell their product. That interview was followed up with a call where I was asked a couple more simple question. After that I was finally offered the position about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Think of your favorite restaurant an sell our product to the manager.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AroundCampus.

I had received an email from my school about this internship opportunity. I met with the recruiter at our career fair and really enjoyed the idea of sales and working for him. I went to an interview for 30 minutes, he asked me standard questions, had to do an online interview, then finally got my call back!

Interview Questions
    • What's your worst quality, or quality you need to work on?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sales and Marketing Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in January 2014.

I met a recruiter at my college career fair and spoke with him for about 10 minutes. He invited me to schedule an interview on the spot for the following day, which I did. My interview took place with the same recruiter and felt relaxed. He explained the position more and really emphasized the great experience it could provide for me. The questions were not very intense nor did they seem to strictly stick to a theme like behavioral interviews. I sent a thank you email and later received a call notifying me of the offer. I was given about 2 weeks to think it over, but felt that I wanted to hold out for something less dependent on this type of sales so I declined the offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell ad space to your favorite local restaurant? What would your last boss say were your positive qualities? What would your last boss say you needed to improve?   Answer Question

Sales Team Leader/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AroundCampus.

UD is usually at school career fairs. I submitted my resume to them and got an interview the next day. There is only one interview and an online evaluation.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me three words your friend would use to describe you."   View Answer
    • They hand you a planner and try to get you to do a sales pitch for an ad in the planner.   View Answer