AroundCampus Interview Questions

Updated 3 Apr 2015
Updated 3 Apr 2015

2.6

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AroundCampus (Norfolk, VA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

One of the first interviews was recording yourself and sending in response videos. Not as easy as it sounds since you only have 2 times to give a response. Then if you pass this you will get a one on one interview either online or in person to talk with the recruiting manager for that region.

Interview Questions

• Where do you se yourself in the future?   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

virtual, Skype, and in-person

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at AroundCampus (Ann Arbor, MI (US)).

Interview

It was fun, the interviewer really seemed to care

Interview Questions

• You have to pretend the interviewer is the owner of your favorite restaurant and sell them your product.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2014.

Interview

I received an email from the recruiter telling me about the position. I applied online and they reached back out to me the next day. The recruiter was very energetic on the phone and told me about how they had done the internship a couple of years ago. They asked if i had a car, housing, and made sure I wouldn't be taking summer classes. After that, they sent me an email for the virtual interview. This was a little awkward just sitting there talking to my computer but it was only 7 questions so it was over quick and they said I did OK. A few days after that they called me and scheduled a 30-minute Skype interview for the following week. They asked about my hobbies, strengths/weaknesses, and even had me sell them an advertisement in their planner. They then told me EVERYTHING about the position. At the end they sent me an email for a personality assessment and said I'd hear back from them in 2 weeks. About 4 days later they called and offered me the job. My teammates met the recruiter at a career fair and did an in-person interview...so I guess it just depends.

Outside Sales Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

At the time I applied for an internship the company was known as University Directories. About 2 weeks after applying I got a call from a regional manager and we scheduled a short phone interview. I was asked question like "How do you think the internship will benefit you?" and "What about the company interests you?". After the phone interview, a virtual interview was scheduled. I was prepared for all those questions only because I read previous reviews on glassdoor. It was cool because I was able to rerecord my response if I messed up the first time. Following the virtual interview, a skype interview with the manger was scheduled. He was very nice and personable. That interview lasted about 45 minutes. He asked me to think of my favorite restaurant and act as if I was trying to sell their product. That interview was followed up with a call where I was asked a couple more simple question. After that I was finally offered the position about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Think of your favorite restaurant an sell our product to the manager.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

I had received an email from my school about this internship opportunity. I met with the recruiter at our career fair and really enjoyed the idea of sales and working for him. I went to an interview for 30 minutes, he asked me standard questions, had to do an online interview, then finally got my call back!

Interview Questions

• What's your worst quality, or quality you need to work on?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales and Marketing Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus (Gainesville, FL (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

I met a recruiter at my college career fair and spoke with him for about 10 minutes. He invited me to schedule an interview on the spot for the following day, which I did. My interview took place with the same recruiter and felt relaxed. He explained the position more and really emphasized the great experience it could provide for me. The questions were not very intense nor did they seem to strictly stick to a theme like behavioral interviews. I sent a thank you email and later received a call notifying me of the offer. I was given about 2 weeks to think it over, but felt that I wanted to hold out for something less dependent on this type of sales so I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell ad space to your favorite local restaurant? What would your last boss say were your positive qualities? What would your last boss say you needed to improve?   Answer Question

Sales Team Leader/Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AroundCampus (Chapel Hill, NC (US)).

Interview

UD is usually at school career fairs. I submitted my resume to them and got an interview the next day. There is only one interview and an online evaluation.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me three words your friend would use to describe you."   1 Answer
    • They hand you a planner and try to get you to do a sales pitch for an ad in the planner.   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

Not hard interview. mostly behavioral based. they are looking for people who is willing to go out and talk to a bunch of new people. A very sale-based internship

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in November 2013.

Interview

very long!! but good interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

Seemed like too much of a time commitment than it actually paid. Also more of a sales internship than a marketing internship.