AroundCampus

Updated 20 Nov 2014
Updated 20 Nov 2014

2.6

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in March 2013.

i applied online. a week later, i got an email from a recruiter (who is also your future regional manager). she just made sure that i have a car during for internship. next, she asked me to do a virtual interview where you answer prerecorded questions online. A week later, she called me fora phone interview. (behavioral questions)

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in March 2013.

I was asked to do an online interview and then a skype interview and then I had to fill out a personality survey. Questions were just about my experiences and going over my resume. Strengths and weaknesses and if you are right for this position.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. Days later, I received an email from the recruiter. The recruiter is also your regional manager. Then, she gave me a call just to talk a bout the position I applied for to see if its the right fit for me. She asked me to do a virtual interview online where they ask you a question and your answer is recorded to the computer. After a week, she called me back for another interview. A few days later, she offered me the position

Not negotiable.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Applied through my campus recruiting website. First interview was an online/webcam interview that you can complete at your convenience. This interview is fairly easy with basic questions. The second interview was a phone interview which takes about 45 minutes. These were more in-depth questions about sales and marketing.

Interview Questions
    • If I was new in town and asked you what the best restaurant to eat at is, how would you sell me on this restaurant?   View Answer
    No negotiation. You get a base salary for the summer plus commission you make on sales.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Submitted my resume online and got contacted immediately. I had to fill out a personality test and an online video interview. Met with the recruiter at my school's career fair and signed up for an interview time the following day. Had my 30 minute interview and got an offer two days later. It was a pretty standard interview with some small talk, a few questions, and then time for the interviewee to ask questions. The whole process took about 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Roleplay a sales scenario (mine was supposed to be selling a spot in the planner so I talked about how large the university is, how often students use the planners, etc.)

How do you handle rejection?

Tell me about a time you failed.

Answer Question
    No negotiations

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

The hiring process was for the most part pretty typical. The one thing that I found to be particularly difficult was the pre-recorded interview that I had. I did not like it very much because it did not allow me to build rapport or talk to a real person. Instead there seemed to be a lot more pressure because I was not talk to a human but rather a pre-recored interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I faced in my interview was to describe my most embarrassing moment. I had never heard this asked in an interview before so I was not expecting it. I was unsure of what to say but didn't want to take too long to respond. Luckily I remembered an embarrassing event from a few weeks prior so I just told that story.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

A campus organization hosted a networking banquet where I met the UD recruiter for my region. She was extremely nice, outgoing, personable, and knowledgeable about the position. I gave her my resume and followed up the day after to express my interest in the position. I went through an online interview, a personality test, a phone interview, and a final in-person interview on campus.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about yourself" is always the hardest.   View Answer
    • "How do you stay organized in your daily life?"   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Pay is commission-based.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

The interview was pretty standard. The interviewer asked me about things on my resume, especially my internship from last summer. She also asked what about me will other people criticize and praise for. Then she did a mock sale with me about my favorite restaurant around campus. What I need to do was trying to sell an advertisement spot to that restaurant.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. The questions were all pretty straightforward. However, you do need to be very energetic and enthusiastic.   Answer Question

Regional Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus.

-Virtual Interview(Pre-Recorded Questions) requiring a webcam
    -Online Personality Assessment evaluating preferences and tendencies
    -30-45 minute in-person interview with recruiting manager
    -Follow-up Questionaire and review of in-person interview
    Interviewing process is selective and competitive, but made the position(internship) even more desirable. Management positions require in-person interviews with each department through a round-table questionaire. Individuals must be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • No question in particular. Must have stories and experiences to elaborate on during interview.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AroundCampus.

Originally, I sent in my resume via email. Then I received an email from the Regional Manager asking me to complete a virtual interview. The virtual interview was I believe about 6 questions, with 2 minutes to answer, and 2 attempts on each. Then my Regional Manager called me and asked me a few questions over the phone. The final step was to complete a survey about the process. Within 2 weeks, I received a phone call with my offer.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate. All the terms were very reasonable.