AroundCampus

Getting the Interview

53 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details Originally, I sent in my resume via email. Then I received an email from the Regional Manager asking me to complete a virtual interview. The virtual interview was I believe about 6 questions, with 2 minutes to answer, and 2 attempts on each. Then my Regional Manager called me and asked me a few questions over the phone. The final step was to complete a survey about the process. Within 2 weeks, I received a phone call with my offer.

Interview Question – What is your greatest failure?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. All the terms were very reasonable.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details Fairly simple consisted of a half hour phone interview

Chattanooga, TN (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2012.

Interview Details Face to face interview. Then one week of training in North Carolina

Customer Relations Intern Interview

Interviewed at AroundCampus

Interview Details Contacted by a manager after submitting application. The interview was very brief (I did it by phone as I was out of town at the time of the interviews) and pretty straightforward, the questions seemed to be pretty standard interview ones (such as when was a time you faced adversity and how did you overcome it? What was one time you demonstrated leadership in a team setting? etc)

Interview Question – Most of the questions were more reflective--no technical or "test" questions, and they were in the same vein as those mentioned above.   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview Details I submitted my resume, and a few weeks later received an email with interview slot options. I chose five time slots that worked for me, and they emailed me back with specifics. The office was very laid back with a business casual dress code. It was definitely a young office. I sat in a room with two interviewers. First they gave me a three page editing test (i.e. matching fonts to businesses, correcting sample ads, etc.). Then they asked me questions. The questions were pretty basic and easy to come up with answers on the fly. Nothing too major.

Interview Question – The hardest part for me was that on the last page of the little editing test there were commonly misspelled words, and I had to choose the right spelling based on the context of the sentence.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They called me and gave me a week to decide if I wanted it. I called them a week later and accepted the job. Then I just had to go in and sign some paperwork.

Columbus, OH (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2012.

Interview Details The regional manager that emailed me was awesome and kept me at ease throughout the interview. She asked alot of situation questions, but if you can answer them by using real-life examples, you'll be fine. Just display your great work ethic and ability to stay positive in difficult situations. I believe that she asked questions like what is my favorite restaurant and how can I convince her to go there, what are three words that describe me, and what are my weaknesses. If the interviewer likes you, he/she will make it apparent through how she responds to you. If you have the skills for this position (positive, good leader, & hard worker), you will have no problem advancing in the interview process and possibly will even be offered the position!

Interview Questions

Stockton, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2012.

Interview Details I met the recruiter at the Career Faire at University of the Pacific. After speaking with her, she offered to conduct an interview the following day on campus. When I went in for the interview, she asked what I knew about the company and why I wanted to work for them. She also asked about previous sales experience and many behavioral questions. She also asked how I would handle difficult situations on the job. At the end of the interview, she asked how interested I was in the position. I was contacted the next day stating that I had moved on to the final step of the interview. I was asked to fill out a personality test. Two days later she called back offering me the position.

Interview Question – How would you explain the benefits of utilizing our company to a small business?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I chose to decline the offer because the compensation was not enough for my living situation.

Intern Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2012.

Interview Details Asked questions about my resume, strengths/weaknesses, and why I wanted the job. Interviewed by two people.

Interview Question – What are three things you can work on?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at AroundCampus in April 2012.

Interview Details The interviewer called me after receiving my resume through my school's online recruiting service. The first time she called was just to offer the interview and give some background on the company. She was very polite and told me how she had interned in the same position she was interviewing me for. After letting me decide when would be a good time to conduct the phone interview (I just told her a day and asked when she was available that day), she continued to tell me more about her experience as an intern. She called promptly at the time we had decided for the interview, and she was very polite then as well. The questions she asked were all questions that people had posted on this site, so definitely take a look at those and be prepared!

Interview Questions

College Park, MD (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2012.

Interview Details The interview was a simple process. The interviewer was easy to relate to--a recent college graduate. She explained the tasks of an intern and asked the skills I had that pertained to the position. She then walked through my resume. Standard interview.

Interview Question – Describe something about yourself that I would not know by looking at your resume   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The position itself required an intern to go to 50 businesses a day which was unappealing

Interviews for Top Jobs at AroundCampus