AstraZeneca Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014

3.1

Assistant Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in June 2011.

Initial written test on chemistry followed by technical interview with senior scientists. After that an HR interview to give offer letter.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

simple Hiring and interview process. God time punctuality and clear communication in stipulated time.

Benefits Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2013.

There were 2 rounds of interview conducted one being telephonic and other being face to face with HR Head and Benefits head. Interview experience was good.

Regional Medical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in May 2012.

The initiation and conduct of process was pretty regular as per industry practices, but their behavior in terms of decision making was pretty unprofessional. Failed to inform about the rejection for 15 days and tried to ignore by saying that HR team is on tour keeping me in limbo in between; Were initially unable to decide which therapy area or city to hire me; Lack of 100% transparency in the process.

Interview Questions
    • Why you want join a job that involves marketing and significant traveling when you can easily do a desk job?   Answer Question
    Very long (1.5 months) and there was a total radio silence from employer end for a very long duration and my inquiries were being met with vague responses; i was not given a correct reply regarding my status; I was initially told i was picked for Chennai post then told i was picked in Pune office and then i was told i have been rejected and finally on reference of a friend was told if i could work out of Mumbai. VERY UNPROFFESIONAL!!!!!

Assistant Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AstraZeneca in May 2008.

In person interview, practical / lab. examination, HR interview

Pharmacy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2012.

it was very tougf i cant even stand in that interview

Interview Questions
    • wat do u know about our copmpany products   View Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in June 2014.

Office interview. Hiring manager conducted interview. HR was not present. Questions were typical . Behavioral questions read directly from written documents. Interview lasted approximately 70 minutes. Interviewers were not experienced.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

I applied online. A few days later I received an email with instruction on how to set up a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of basic questions regarding my resume and a few behavior STAR questions. After the interview I was sent the personality tests followed by an official online application.

Clinical Development Menager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warsaw (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at AstraZeneca in May 2014.

II interviews, the process was very long, no final answer, the second interview 3 person from AstraZeneca II managers, I person from HR department, common questions why would you like to change the job?, describe your day in the office?

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Loughborough, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loughborough, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in July 2010.

Generally a 2 stage interview. For this type of position the interview will be largely technically based. If the job states experience you will need to fully technically conversant in relation to the job you are applying for. Usually one team leader will interview for around an hour. They will show you round. Good to ask questions (intelligent ones). Friendly but professional approach. Usually AZ people are very personable but very capable. Depends on site but it could be like 'ikea' with nice grounds and all the mod cons. Good feel.
    Second interview will be more of a grilling. Probably 3 separate interviews, mainly technical. They will give you scenarios - so be clued up on the company and what they specifically do at that site in that job role. Also a presentation will be required to a reasonable number of people. They will have specified what it's on (or choice) beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to develop an analytical method for a drug compound with 3 different pKa's?   View Answer
    They offered a generous package, 60% more than my previous job so it was a no brainer.

Worked for AstraZeneca? Contribute to the Community!