AstraZeneca

170 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Research Scientist Interview

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in June 2011.

Interview Details Initial written test on chemistry followed by technical interview with senior scientists. After that an HR interview to give offer letter.

Interview Question – What is your salary expectation   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Bangalore

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details simple Hiring and interview process. God time punctuality and clear communication in stipulated time.

Benefits Manager Interview

Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2013.

Interview Details There were 2 rounds of interview conducted one being telephonic and other being face to face with HR Head and Benefits head. Interview experience was good.

Regional Medical Advisor Interview

Pune

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in May 2012.

Interview Details The initiation and conduct of process was pretty regular as per industry practices, but their behavior in terms of decision making was pretty unprofessional. Failed to inform about the rejection for 15 days and tried to ignore by saying that HR team is on tour keeping me in limbo in between; Were initially unable to decide which therapy area or city to hire me; Lack of 100% transparency in the process.

Interview Question – Why you want join a job that involves marketing and significant traveling when you can easily do a desk job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very long (1.5 months) and there was a total radio silence from employer end for a very long duration and my inquiries were being met with vague responses; i was not given a correct reply regarding my status; I was initially told i was picked for Chennai post then told i was picked in Pune office and then i was told i have been rejected and finally on reference of a friend was told if i could work out of Mumbai. VERY UNPROFFESIONAL!!!!!

Assistant Research Scientist Interview

Assistant Research Scientist
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AstraZeneca in May 2008.

Interview Details In person interview, practical / lab. examination, HR interview

Interview Question – Why do you aspire for this position?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Interview

Bangalore

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2012.

Interview Details it was very tougf i cant even stand in that interview

Interview Question – wat do u know about our copmpany products   View Answer

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Fresno, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2014.

Interview Details I had an employee referral and I applied online. Within a few hours of applying I received an email to complete a more extensive application. The next day I received and email to schedule a phone interview, which I scheduled for a week later. The phone interview consisted of basic resume questions, salary expectations (do your research), and about your driving record. My phone interview only lasted about 10 minutes. After the phone interview (about 2 minutes later) I received an email to complete 2 personality surveys. After I completed the surveys I received an email to schedule a face to face interview with the District Sales Manager.

The face to face interview was so fun and relaxing! I got an email that said I had to prepare a 10 minute persuasive argument for the interview, but when I got in he said it could be 5-6. The questions were fairly easy. Make sure you know a lot about the company and also why you want to do Pharmaceutical sales.

I am still waiting to hear back from the hiring manager - fingers crossed!

Interview Question – 1. Tell me about a time you had to deal with an ethical delimma.
2. Tell me about a time you had to reach a goal.
  Answer Question

Manager Interview

Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details Found out about job through a recruiter. Phone screen with HR, then hiring manager a week later. Given a small packet via email describing STAR interview format prior to onsite interview. Had to fill in detailed job application online listing references, previous salaries, etc. prior to onsite. Onsite was a single one-hour panel with hiring manager and 2 other people I would potentially be working with. They read questions off a sheet and took note of my answers in 3 columns literally labeled situation, task/action, and result. Received feedback a few days later that I did not get the position. Form letter email that said they went with someone else came a few weeks after that.

Interview Question – Given a small packet via email describing STAR interview format prior to onsite interview. Don't ignore this! The questions they asked were on print outs so I think they were all from that packet.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Regional Sales Director Interview

Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2013.

Interview Details Great up front work but poor back end

Interview Question – Who do you know at....   Answer Question

Executive Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Interviewed at AstraZeneca

Interview Details a difficult process

Interview Question – name the most strategic thing you did in the past two months   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no

Interviews for Top Jobs at AstraZeneca

Worked for AstraZeneca? Contribute to the Community!

AstraZeneca – Why Work for Us?

Our mission is to create a meaningful difference. In the lives of the patients we serve. And the people who work here.   We are AstraZeneca. More than 57,000 employees strong, we have a presence in over 100 countries… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AstraZeneca interview questions and advice. All 170 interview reviews are posted anonymously by AstraZeneca employees and interview candidates.