Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at AstraZeneca
- Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative (26)
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (25)
- Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist (21)
- Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (14)
- Sales Representative (14)
- Regional Sales Specialist (4)
- Scientist (4)
- Pharmaceutical Sales (3)
- Project Manager (3)
- Sales (2)
- Senior Scientist (2)
- Senior Director (2)
- Intern (2)
- Assistant Research Scientist (2)
- Medical Representative (2)
- Director (2)
- Postdoctoral (2)
- Business Analyst (2)
- Post Doctoral Scientist (2)
- Data Scientist (1)
- Manager (1)
- Marketing Internship (1)
- Global Sourcing Manager (1)
- Pharmacy (1)
- Process Chemist (1)
- Facility Engineer (1)
- Medical Sales Representative (1)
- Medical Scientist (1)
- Industrial Placement (1)
- Senior Manager (1)
- No OfferAverage InterviewNo OfferAverage Interview
Interview was okay, not too hard to crack. Work profile is good. Good peer group, opportunity to grow. Had only one interview with the technical person and an HR interview.
- Did you challenge the status-quo and do anything ? 1 Answer
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at AstraZeneca (Bangalore).
simple Hiring and interview process. God time punctuality and clear communication in stipulated time.
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at AstraZeneca (Bangalore) in March 2013.
There were 2 rounds of interview conducted one being telephonic and other being face to face with HR Head and Benefits head. Interview experience was good.
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks – interviewed at AstraZeneca (Pune) in May 2012.
The initiation and conduct of process was pretty regular as per industry practices, but their behavior in terms of decision making was pretty unprofessional. Failed to inform about the rejection for 15 days and tried to ignore by saying that HR team is on tour keeping me in limbo in between; Were initially unable to decide which therapy area or city to hire me; Lack of 100% transparency in the process.
- Why you want join a job that involves marketing and significant traveling when you can easily do a desk job? Answer Question
Very long (1.5 months) and there was a total radio silence from employer end for a very long duration and my inquiries were being met with vague responses; i was not given a correct reply regarding my status; I was initially told i was picked for Chennai post then told i was picked in Pune office and then i was told i have been rejected and finally on reference of a friend was told if i could work out of Mumbai. VERY UNPROFFESIONAL!!!!!
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied in-person. The process took a day – interviewed at AstraZeneca (Bangalore) in January 2012.
it was very tougf i cant even stand in that interview
- wat do u know about our copmpany products 1 Answer
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at AstraZeneca (Bangalore) in June 2011.
Initial written test on chemistry followed by technical interview with senior scientists. After that an HR interview to give offer letter.
- What is your salary expectation Answer Question
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took a week – interviewed at AstraZeneca (Bangalore) in May 2008.
In person interview, practical / lab. examination, HR interview
- Why do you aspire for this position? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks – interviewed at AstraZeneca.
I applied online. Got a phone screening from an outsourced HR company. After that, I got invited to attend an assessment centre. It was a lengthy but well-organized day where I had the opportunity to talk to many employees and also current participants in the program. I learned a lot about the company and had a fun and valuable day overall.
- They asked you to walk through your resume and typical behavioural questions. There was also a group activity and a case study portion. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2015.
After applying online, I was contacted via email from the hiring manager's admin to schedule time for me to meet and interview with the hiring manager and also that manager's boss, the head of the department. On the day of the interview, I only got to interview one of these people, however. Something "came up" with the hiring manager. And they never explained what happened and never contacted me since. I felt dissatisfied because the interview I did have was overly focused on odd behavioral questions which could have been covered in a screening phone call (which wasn't done) and not at all focused on the job itself. I had hoped that two face to face interviews with the managers would involve more discussion of the actual work and their objectives. Maybe they already had someone in mind or knew I wasn't right for the job. I was thoroughly disappointed.
- Describe your career path and highlight your biggest professional accomplishments. Answer Question
- Describe an ethical dilemma that you faced at work where there was no clear right or wrong answer, and how you dealt with it? Answer Question
- Describe a time in which you had to make a last minute change in plans with a project and how you dealt with it. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca.
Straight forward. Online application. Phone screen asking basics. Second was the personality profile. Finally, a face to face with two DMs. I'm told some people had two face to face interviews. After that a ride along and an offer.
- Provide an example of an ethical dilemma you have faced at work? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review