AstraZeneca

Updated 19 Jan 2015
Updated 19 Jan 2015

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Interview was okay, not too hard to crack. Work profile is good. Good peer group, opportunity to grow. Had only one interview with the technical person and an HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • Did you challenge the status-quo and do anything ?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

simple Hiring and interview process. God time punctuality and clear communication in stipulated time.

Benefits Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca in March 2013.

There were 2 rounds of interview conducted one being telephonic and other being face to face with HR Head and Benefits head. Interview experience was good.

Regional Medical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca in May 2012.

The initiation and conduct of process was pretty regular as per industry practices, but their behavior in terms of decision making was pretty unprofessional. Failed to inform about the rejection for 15 days and tried to ignore by saying that HR team is on tour keeping me in limbo in between; Were initially unable to decide which therapy area or city to hire me; Lack of 100% transparency in the process.

Interview Questions
    • Why you want join a job that involves marketing and significant traveling when you can easily do a desk job?   Answer Question
    Very long (1.5 months) and there was a total radio silence from employer end for a very long duration and my inquiries were being met with vague responses; i was not given a correct reply regarding my status; I was initially told i was picked for Chennai post then told i was picked in Pune office and then i was told i have been rejected and finally on reference of a friend was told if i could work out of Mumbai. VERY UNPROFFESIONAL!!!!!

Pharmacy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2012.

it was very tougf i cant even stand in that interview

Interview Questions
    • wat do u know about our copmpany products   View Answer

Assistant Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca in June 2011.

Initial written test on chemistry followed by technical interview with senior scientists. After that an HR interview to give offer letter.

Assistant Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AstraZeneca in May 2008.

In person interview, practical / lab. examination, HR interview

Scientist Interview

Initial interview was a phone-based interview. I explained my current role at the time and how it would fit into the posted job's roles and responsibilities. Call helped me to understand potential hiring manager's style and thoughts.

In-person Interview, onsite, was with a range of staff, at all levels of career development. They asked some questions about my experiences and these were also behavior-based. I was invited to dinner on the night before my interview. On-site interview also involved a scientific (powerpoint) presentation.

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Recruiter reached out to me regarding a contract opportunity at AZ. First a phone interview, then came in for a face to face. Was given the job the next day and had to quickly get drug testing done which took a few days. It was pretty quick.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, just asked about my experience as it related to the posting.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

I applied through an employee referral. The first stages went relatively quick. The process proceeded just as every other review explains; phone interview, online assessment, etc. I was asked to schedule a face to face interview about a month or more after the phone interview. It was to take place in Utica, NY, but the assigned territory was Saratoga Springs, NY. They asked for candidates to prepare a 10 minute persuasive conversation and to learn and utilize the STAR format. I was given a week to prepare. Unfortunately, the interview was postponed due to a snowstorm and I was assured that it would be rescheduled by a HR rep (I believe a third party). I contacted them the next week after I hadn't heard back. I was told it would be rescheduled after the new year. (it was mid December). The first week of the new year I was expecting an email to schedule an interview, but instead received a no-reply email saying the position had been filled. I contacted the the woman who had cancelled my interview and she informed me it was an internal candidate.

I fully understand when I don't hear back from a prospective employer after application or even an interview. I understand they wait until the end of the process to inform candidates. What I found immensely unprofessional is to be called for an interview and asked to prepare a topic for presentation and left wondering for a full month. Candidates should have been notified that the interviews would not be held. I have better things to do with my time than prepare for a non-existent interview. The entire process took almost three and a half months. I accepted another offer while waiting for the response.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare a 10 minute persuasive conversation on a topic of your choice.   Answer Question