AstraZeneca

Updated 19 Nov 2014
Updated 19 Nov 2014

3.1

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Took over a month, advances to F2F. Invited for ride along, got a rejection email a month later

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe a situation where you needed to do more then your fair share?   Answer Question

Post Doctoral Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Phone interview- academic style, general chat about project.
    In person interview - 30 min presentation, technical interview, leadership capability interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you made a mistake and how did you rectify it?   Answer Question

another job offer

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2014.

30 min phone interview asked about when the last time I spoke in a group setting and what the outcome was, the last time I had to overcome an objection and so on. Asked If I was hired if training in Delaware was a problem. Took Briggs Meyer type survey after interview.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Successful phone screen. Passed the Hogan Assessment. Now onto the F2F next week. So far all has been very organized professional process.

Interview Questions
    • Have only done personality assessment perhaps twice in my working career. Never upon applying for position.   View Answer

Specialty Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2014.

Very long and detailed process. Phone screen followed by an online assessment. You must pass this personality assessment to move forward in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a conflict with a coworker and how was that resolved?   Answer Question

Communications Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

very scripted interview, with selected behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • what was a situation where you did not have an expected outcome and how did you overcome disappointment   Answer Question

Clinical Project Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Hiring process seems to take a very long time with complex, interactions between HR which is basically outsourced and the "hiring manager". I am not sure AZ is really hiring employees these days. Seems to contract with Kelly, Yo, etc. Management teams are in flux many are leaving the organization in the near future. Strange hiring environment.

Interview Questions
    • AstraZeneca lives by the STAR interview format. Managers seem to think there is "correct" answer to a given question. Suggest that you prepare in advance and provide answers according without saying too much.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interviewed first with someone over the phone , passed that interview ..Took an online assessment which I passed, then interviewed face to face two weeks later with hiring managers.

Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

I applied to the Scientist- DMPK position on the AstraZeneca Careers website. I was contacted by the hiring manager via email a few days later to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview went well and the questions were mostly geared toward my experiences as well as a discussion of the position. At the end of the phone interview I was asked to come in for an on-site interview. I was contacted again about a week later to set up the interview. The interview was about 6 hours long and consisted of lunch and a presentation given by me on my research (non-proprietary information only) - I was asked to prepare a brief 10-15 presentation during my phone interview. I had been interviewing for two other positions and informed the hiring manager of the situation. I ended up receiving offers from the other two positions and informed the hiring manager immediately. I received an offer for the position at AstraZeneca the Tuesday following my interview (which was a Wednesday).

Interview Questions
    • Paraphrased- Was there ever a situation where you encountered a colleague that was doing something that potentially impacted the outcome of results. How did I handle the situation?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Submitted separate resumes online for three openings in my general region. Within a week, two were rejected but the submission to the posting closet to me was accepted. The email response presented available days/times for a telephone interview. I chose an appointment for the following day and found the person conducting the interview to be pleasant, professional, engaging and informative. The phone interview consisted of reviewing my resume and clarification of employment experiences. Having passed the phone interview, I was told to expect an email containing a link to two assessment tests. They arrived immediately and shortly thereafter I completed them then submitted them. That was all today, so obviously I haven't heard if I'm selected to proceed. But thus far, the experience has been fair, expected, and efficient.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary....certainly no "trick" questions. All very professional.   Answer Question