AstraZeneca

182 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

I applied through another source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Interview Details Referred by an educator who had worked with the company on a product launch. I was initially contacted by a recruiter and we did a phone interview a few days later. It was a résumé overview and a couple of behavioral based questions. I was then scheduled for a face to face with the hiring manager, who was exceptionally warm yet very professional. She was interviewing more candidates this week (my interview was last week) and said she would let me know about the second interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to convince someone to do something they didn't want to do?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Clinical Project Manager Interview

Clinical Project Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details Hiring process seems to take a very long time with complex, interactions between HR which is basically outsourced and the "hiring manager". I am not sure AZ is really hiring employees these days. Seems to contract with Kelly, Yo, etc. Management teams are in flux many are leaving the organization in the near future. Strange hiring environment.

Interview Question – AstraZeneca lives by the STAR interview format. Managers seem to think there is "correct" answer to a given question. Suggest that you prepare in advance and provide answers according without saying too much.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Interview Details Shortest interview ever, 3 questions. Took about 3 weeks between the agency and AZ.

Interview Question – Go over your resume, availability, what would you do in this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No need for negotiation, was given what I requested.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Interview Details Process took about three months. Submitted resume on line and about 6 weeks later received email to book a phone interview. After phone interview, moved on to personality test. I have face to face interview scheduled this week.

Interview Question – Preparing for interview now.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details Interviewed first with someone over the phone , passed that interview ..Took an online assessment which I passed, then interviewed face to face two weeks later with hiring managers.

Interview Question – STAR behavioral questions were used.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2014.

Interview Details Submitted separate resumes online for three openings in my general region. Within a week, two were rejected but the submission to the posting closet to me was accepted. The email response presented available days/times for a telephone interview. I chose an appointment for the following day and found the person conducting the interview to be pleasant, professional, engaging and informative. The phone interview consisted of reviewing my resume and clarification of employment experiences. Having passed the phone interview, I was told to expect an email containing a link to two assessment tests. They arrived immediately and shortly thereafter I completed them then submitted them. That was all today, so obviously I haven't heard if I'm selected to proceed. But thus far, the experience has been fair, expected, and efficient.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary....certainly no "trick" questions. All very professional.   Answer Question

Brownsville, TX (US)

I applied online and interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details Neat and organized interview process. Had my first phone interview which I passed. My next interview is a one on one interview with the DM. Hope all goes well.

Interview Question – Easy questions about your background and resume   Answer Question

Sandwich Placement Student Interview

Sandwich Placement Student

Interviewed at AstraZeneca

Interview Details Application form and assessment day(s).

Interview Question – Practically construct a free-standing tower with marshmallows and spaghetti.   Answer Question

SFE Lead Interview

SFE Lead
Kiev (Ukraine)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2010.

Interview Details Was promoted from SFE Analyst after 2 years of working in the company. Hiring process is in 4 steps and is standard. Company gives preference to internal candidates. Before 2012 promotion within the company was highly possible. The hiring process from outside has a step of checking applicant's background through the contacts within the industry

Interview Question – At interview for MedRep they may ask to sell an object from interviewers table.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Quick hiring process. Average to high salaries, which makes it easier to negotiate :)

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in October 2013.

Interview Details Applied online to two of the same position in different locations. Sent a rejection email for position 1 and less than five minutes later was sent an interview request for position 2; same resume and everything was submitted for both openings. AZ gave a whopping 24 hours heads-up for completing the phone interview, which I found highly unprofessional and rigid.

Recruiter from The Right Stuff conducted the interview - very nice guy, we hit it off. He asked basic questions about my resume, why I wanted the job, and what skills I have for it. When chatting at the end of the interview, he critiqued my answers and told me what to emphasize in the next round with the hiring manager. Seemed like a good sign.

Then came the online personality assessment. It's very close to the typical Myers-Briggs assessment, and I knew this going into it. I also knew that I always land solidly in the ENTJ type and didn't anticipate this being a negative at all for an outside sales role. I was wrong. A few weeks later I learned I didn't pass the assessment (but I did pass it for Lilly, go figure) and was not continuing in the process. I'm told the system "clears" after a while and new applications you submit will go through, but I have no idea what the timeline of this is.

My advice: If you make it to the assessment stage - most people don't since only 6% of submitted resumes make it through initial screening - and are ENTJ, try to cover this up on the test. You are not what AZ wants. They're a European company and are probably looking for more passive traits than those an ENTJ typically has. Whether you want to work in a sales environment that doesn't value an assertive, goal-oriented, and outgoing personality type - all rather important things in being an effective salesperson - is another story.

Interview Question – Nothing especially difficult. Be prepared to produce a specific example of when you've given a presentation and what the result was in STAR format.   Answer Question