AstraZeneca

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AstraZeneca in February 2009.

Interview Details Group interviews following the STAR methodology.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation was available other than some consideration for relocation.

Pharmaceutical Sales Interview

Pharmaceutical Sales
Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details I applied for this position online. The company contacted me three days later via email to set up a phone interview. The 20 minute phone interview consisted of general background questions (verifying information on resume) also I was asked to discuss a time that I had to give a presentation. Upon completion of the phone interview, I received an email with a link redirecting me to a behavioral exam. There were 2 behavioral tests, both approximately 200 questions (20 minutes allotted per test). After these online tests, I was emailed again requesting me to complete an online employment application form that would be forwarded to the hiring manager. I am waiting to hear back.
The process has taken 20 days thus far.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to give a presentation.
What makes you a good fit for the position?
  Answer Question

Principal Business Relationship Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2012.

Interview Details 4 steps processes:
- Hiring manager interview
- Sponsor interview
- Wider stakeholder interview
- HR interview

Interview Question – Noting specific here.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Finance

I applied online and interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details Phone interview to get your basic information and weed people out. The follow up interview was a panel interview with 3 senior managers. Lasted an hour but was very thorough. Knowing the STAR format of interviewing is essential!

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Make sure you have various examples ready to go in the STAR format (situation, task, action, result)   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Specialist
Beirut (Lebanon)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details 3 interviews, sales manager, country manager, area manager
presentation on the selected line
test in selling skills
personality tests

Interview Question – a lot of business cases and fictive scenarios to analyze the decision making logic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was solid predetermined salary package.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details STAR format

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where your ethics were challenged   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AstraZeneca.

Interview Details I had a phone interview. It was conducted by a third party recruiter. She asked basic questions pertaining to work history and education history. She also asked about your driving history because a clean driving record is very important to obtaining the job. Also, questions about presentation skills were asked. Details about the job were also given about training, etc.

Interview Question – Presentation skills   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

LIFT Intern (Undergraduate) Interview

Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AstraZeneca in April 2013.

Interview Details I met with two members of the LIFT program's hiring managers (financial analysts) at my university's spring career fair. I was very interested in AZ, and spent a solid ten minutes or so carrying on 1-on-2 with them. I STUPIDLY forgot to ask for either of their business cards; however, I did leave a copy of my resume with them.

After I left the career fair, I reviewed the companies that I had spoken with, and relived that I had forgotten to grab their business cards. I figured my chances were extremely slim, as follow-ups have always served me well - but two weeks later I received an email from one of the analysts I had met, asking if I would be interested in setting up an interview. Needless to say, I said yes.

Following that, they connected me with a finance HR rep who ultimately was the one that scheduled the date/time of my interview. The HR rep also gave me directions as to which building the interview would be at (the AZ campus is very large - six buildings or so.)

Anyways, the AZ campus is very very nice, and I was instantly impressed by the architecture and professionalism of everybody who works there. The company culture is business casual; but, they EXPECT you to come dressed in full professional attire for the interview.

In terms of the interview itself, it consisted of a panel of all three LIFT managers. This was my first interview with a panel greater than two, so I was a bit taken back; however, they were very friendly - quickly calming my nerves. They remembered me from the career fair, and we had a brief (30s - 1m) casual conversation before the actual interview began.

They will ask you for a high level (very general) overview of your work experience on your resume, followed by many behavioral based questions - expected to be answered in the STAR format. If you are not familiar with STAR format interviews, you MUST Google them. ALL AstraZeneca interviews are done in this format. Anyways, after the STAR questions, they asked me about my Excel skills (vlookups/hlookups, pivottables, etc.,) and if I had any experience with SAP and/or Hyperion. To be honest, I had no experience with either, and I told them that. I also did not know vlookups/hlookups or pivottables, and I told them that as well. I told them that while I had no experience, I wanted to learn, and was a quick learner.

To close the interview, they asked me if I had any questions - which of course I did. I highly suggest that you come up with a list of at least five, genuine questions - they appreciate them. Just make sure that they are not bogus questions (just being asked to say that you asked some questions.)

Anyways, I was contacted about 2-3 weeks later with an offer (non-negotiable.)

Interview Question – I don't remember many specific interview questions; however, I do remember that 80% or so were behavior based, and expected to be answered in the STAR format.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay is tiered by schooling year; ie. freshman < sophomores < juniors < seniors < MBAs.

I was entering my senior year, and was offered earned $18.25/hr. (as with all other rising seniors.)

Solutions Architect Interview

Solutions Architect
Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at AstraZeneca in June 2012.

Interview Details I was a contractor & the interview & hiring process went very well.

Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Interview

Long Island City, NY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at AstraZeneca in January 2013.

Interview Details I had a 30 min phone interview