AutoZone

Getting the Interview

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at AutoZone

Interview Details Hiring process was smooth, know your stuff about cars or the minimum along with some customer service and you're golden. Don't worry about the nancys and you'll move right up

Interview Question – had a brain fart when the hiring manager asked what comes on a Hub of a car.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – $12.50

Interviewed at AutoZone

Interview Details The district manager didn't show up for my interview. A month later I interviewed with a different PSM. Six weeks later I was hired.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating.

New Orleans, LA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at AutoZone in October 2009.

Interview Details everything went smoothly because i already knew some one on the inside

Interview Question – your knowledge about auto parts   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Part Sales Manager Interview

Part Sales Manager
Ephraim, UT (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in April 2011.

Interview Details They tell you that their going to train you. Nope they let you sit at a computer for a day and endure indoctrination... Then they throw you at the counter and say here you go don't screw up!

Interview Question – The fact they don't train you they set you up to fail   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation phase. They don't negotiate with their slaves.

Madison, WI (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at AutoZone in July 2011.

Interview Details Interview was straight forward with basic questions about education, automotive experience and driving/work history. The overall interview was simple and quick. Don't overthink it.

Interview Question – Dealing with difficult customers and stress   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or leave it. $9.50/hour.

Interviewed at AutoZone

Interview Details You have t fill out application on line..I got a phone call in a week asking if i was interested still. Went in for first interview. and a week later a second one with the dm

Interview Question – There was no unexpected questions they asked about your knowledge of cars and how things work on them and retail exp.   Answer Question

Shallotte, NC (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in June 2012.

Interview Details It is a very long process to get hired, it took a total of 3 weeks to a month before you get hired. The interview was very professional and well conducted. They make you feel very comfortable and ask you if you would like anything.

Interview Question – They ask questions about cars to see what your knowledge is, the most unexpected question was about the braking system of a vehicle.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I made an initial offer and they came back and we met in the middle, that was very easy and smooth.

Parts Sales Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at AutoZone in March 2011.

Interview Details Questions were pretty standard except for the automotive knowledge questions.

Took almost a month from hire date until I was actually scheduled to work.

Interview Question – None were too difficult.   Answer Question

Wichita, KS (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at AutoZone in March 2011.

Interview Details Process consisted of an 1:1 interview with the store manager. Interview questions based on handling pressure, meeting sales quotas, difficulties with customers/employees followed by automotive parts knowledge(for example, suspension parts)

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate based on sales/customer service experience/automotive knowledge.

Very Easy Interview

Parts Sales Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AutoZone in November 2010.

Interview Details It's a joke, a manager who has no clue about automobiles asks you about 25 questions about related parts, then makes you an hourly offer. I got up three times to leave during the interveiw over wages, finally got what i wanted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – stick to your guns about your wages, (if you have automotive knoledge). get all you can going in because you get one raise a year and it is anywhere from 11 cents to 25 cents per hour, for all autozone employees.

Interviews for Top Jobs at AutoZone

Worked for AutoZone? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AutoZone Parts Sales Manager interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by AutoZone employees and interview candidates.