Avis Budget Group

Updated 6 Nov 2014

2.5

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Very good initial interview Only had 1 and our time was very informative for both parties involved

Interview Questions
Not able to negotiate a salary

Other Interview Reviews for Avis Budget Group

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in September 2013.

Phone screening, 1:1 with airport manager, 1:1 with district manager, 1:1 with regional HR Manager. Process was very professional, and made sense for the position being hired for. The questions were fair, and legit; no stump the chump or games.

Interview Questions
    They gave me a very fair offer up front, no negotiation needed.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Applied online and then took an online assessment. A recruiting person called me awhile later and did a brief phone interview process. He was extremely nice and personable and made me feel comfortable. He scheduled me with a hiring manager at the location I would be working at. The interview was mostly "tell me about...", with a few behavioral questions here and there. I spoke with about 3 other managers while I was there. Everyone was pretty nice. I got a response a couple of weeks later

They actually opened a new position closer to my home and offered it to me, but I declined due to the hours. He told me upfront that it would be a MINIMUM of 50 hours a week. If he is telling me that in our first interview, I already know it's going to be more like 60, especially during the busy summer months.

I did not hear back from the recruiting guy or manager after stating I was declining the offer and my reasons, which I thought was pretty rude.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a Sales Associate is calling you because they are out of cars and they have an irate customer to deal with?   View Answer

Ridiculous amount of hours for the pay. Wasn't worth it in my opinion. I am not interested in working for a company that overworks its salaried employees in order to save a couple of bucks on overtime.

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

There were a couple interviews and personality tests

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had a good employee thinking of leaving the company and how did you convince them to stay   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in January 2013.

It was very long and at the end worthless. They offered a job and when it came down to it they changed everything up making it horrible. This was after the offer and after I gave notice.

They changed the offer after they made the offer.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group in January 2013.

Avis was extremely professional in their approach. They were thorough, however, they also made the experience very comfortable. They went above and beyond to accommodate for interview times. I had several interviews and was able to speak with people from the front desk sales all the way to the regional director. They made it very easy to feel like it would be a great place to work.

Interview Questions

I accepted another opportunity with a different company

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

The process - Is tedious. Gives you the "feeling" you are moving forward, when in actuality you are not. First you complete an online assessment - which is like a cross between a personality test and an skills/knowledge test. Then you receive an email that tells you to call in to speak to a recuriter for the next step in the process - this is really a call center with someone reading you scripted interview questions. After this process - they say "OK you passed and are ready to move on to the next phase with is a F2F interview, but we don't have any openings..........Why did i just go through all this then? Anyway, they say they will call you - for me 5-6 weeks have passed and I haven't heard anything. Not sure what happened LOL

Interview Questions
    • Well, it was typical interview questions. However, they did ask if I was willing to relocate to a different state if that is where I was needed......   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Avis Budget Group.

The hiring process is rather long. I filled out an online application. The next day, I was asked by email to complete an online test, with most questions pertaining to character and management style. I then had a telephone interview a few days later, which was followed by an in-person interview with somebody with HR the following week. A week after that, I had an interview with a regional manager. A hiring decision was made three business days later. I was relatively pleased at the avoidance of "gotcha" questions in the interview process. The workplaces I observed at my interview locations appeared to be running relatively smoothly and were not filled with acrimony.

Interview Questions
    • I found the questions about how I have dealt with difficult customers to be rather difficult, particularly having not worked in the rental industry before. I felt my experiences in simple retail, services, and the nonprofit sector were not analogous to what businesses in the rental marked face, and that this negatively impacted my application.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

I am hoping corporate has acccess to feedback to improve their performance in not only customer service. My interview facts:
    After one week I had applied I received an email to contact the recruitment center. I placed 6 calls for a total of 2 hours on-hold-time without being able to speak to anyone, it appeared the entire continental US wanted the same job.
    The next day, I retried and I spoke to a recuiter and the interview was completed. My perception is that the recruiter had interviewed another 20 people before me, so the tone did not put me at ease (I am of the opinion that the recruiters should sell their companies to the future employees through their attitude, as much as the job seeker has to sell himself to them).
    At the end of my interview I was asked to wait for notifications for the next step. An email arrived 30 minutes after with the same exact text and a different phone number to call. I started wondering if it was a system error. I called the number on the second email and I was hung up 3 times before I could say hello. When I called for the 4th time, the employee said that it was indeed an email to schedule an appointment (not what the text says) and that unfortunately there are none available. It appears that the entire continental US had scheduled an appointment within 30 minutes of the completion of my interview and the system notification.

Interview Questions
    • Just the typical questions: why work here, most difficult customer, most difficult employee, project successfully completed.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

interviewed at Avis Budget Group in July 2012.

1. Online Assessment
    2. Initial Interview Airport Manager
    3. Second Interview District Manager
    4. Third Interview Hiring Manager
    5. Regional Manager Phone Interview

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation were you had to discipline a subordinate in your chain of management.   Answer Question