Avon Products

2.6

Zone Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Avon Products in March 2013.

4 rounds of interview first was a telephonic round second and third was face to face....asking about your previous experience....fourth was HR round.....finally I accepted the offer....gives a decent salary

Did not negotiate

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avon Products in November 2010.

All in place. First a phone call, and then a con call or a face to face interview with the reporting manager. The company is supportive incase you are relocating from a different place. If you have a big company tag in your resume, that helps.

I am attached to my category, and it is showing growth and progress, and i would like to make it reach a certain position before i leave.

Zone Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Avon Products in September 2009.

There were two rounds of interview basically to judge the interest in job, skills for the job, knowledge about the company and its business. They asked about my former job. Once the 1st round was over the another round was conducted by a senior person to judge and she explained the job responsibilities and the salary structure.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • How can you contribute to direct selling when you have never worked in a company like this before?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Avon Products in January 2015.

After multiple phone screens, I was set up for a ride along with a current DM in Kansas City. She identified that I would have ZERO family time and representatives generally make more than DMs. She was so negative about the position that I even interjected and asked her if she was trying to talk me out of the position. The rest of the ride along contained a 1.5 hour very disorganized and uninformative meeting with her representatives and a hour long lunch that I had to finance myself. Avon expects a current DM to evaluate your quality and viability in the organization. I'm considerably younger but have significantly more experience in sales and district management. I feel like I was discriminated against based on my age and the fact that I challenged some of the negative points she was making about Avon. Based on the ride along, I was not even extended the opportunity for an interview. I received an email about a week letter identifying that I would not be extended an interview. I responded back to the talent acquisition team asking for feedback because I did not understand how that's possible. No response until today with a recruiter called to tell me AGAIN that I wouldn't be offered an interview (mind you nearly a month has passed). I asked for information and a call back because of how deeply offended I am with the whole process. We'll see.

My ability were "evaluated" by a peer which is beyond my realm of comprehension. If this is the direction Avon continues to go, the company will continue on its backslide and, eventually, irrelevant and stale. With this kind of management there's no way Avon can compete in the millennial age.

Interview Questions
    • NONE... in fact I was told was I wouldn't want this job   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Avon Products in December 2014.

It was pretty easy, simply submitted my resume through my college and was called in for an interview a few days later. Didn't really have to deal with the company at all until the interview. They work very quickly and have great communication.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all personality related. What are your strengths? How well do you resolve conflicts? Do you work well in a team? things like that   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Development Chemist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Avon Products.

Applied, phone interview with HR, Phone interview with Hiring Manger, in-person interview - 3 hr long process. During the phone interview the hiring manager was very rude. Asked me what job I was applying for. Shouldn't he know that before calling me. He was straight to the point though. The interview possess went very well. I asked the Hiring manager why the position was open. She stated that in the file, the previous employee left the company. I asked the hiring manager the same question can he was very vague and stated it was reorganization within the company.

Finance Manager Interview

The interview process was great. HR was very down to earth as was the hiring manager. I found avon associates to be nice and professional. The work life balance is not just a sell during the interview because it does exist as soon as you start with the company and lasts throughout the time you spend there. The offer came quickly and was not dragged out indefinitely like other companies. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question was asked maybe because I was well-prepared.   Answer Question
    No negotiation required

Research Scientist Interview

I posted my CV online. first received a phone call from HR with very generic questions on behaviors and salary expectation. a week later a phone interview was set up with the Hiring manager and another person from the group. three weeks later I was invited to on -site interview with the group as well as a couple people outside the group. overall nice and friendly people. lots of detailed technical questions from a couple scientists.

Sourcing Manager - Indirect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avon Products in September 2014.

Applied online via Linkedin and received a response within the next few days. HR Talent Acquisition Manager and Coordinator were extremely professional and friendly throughout the process. Entire cycle entailed a 30 min phone interview with the hiring manager, 30 minute phone interview with another Manager in the group, and two onsite interviews each about 1 hour in length. Interview questions were not too difficult and mainly involved my career interests and discussion about the role (as to be expected). Overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • What sort of process/change management projects have you worked on?   Answer Question

Had a special circumstance where I was offered a higher position at my present company, but would have taken it if not for this situation

Toxicologist II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Avon Products.

Phone interview was typical for a large company. Onsite interview was rolling along until Lunch. Maybe I expected too much, but we went to the cafeteria, where the hiring manager had me pay for my own lunch. Based on experience from other companies, this seemed a little odd. There was a bad vibe the rest of the day/