Avon Products

77 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Processing Interview

Morton Grove, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in May 2010.

Interview Details Hiring is a free for all. A lot of people get hired because they know someone who works there, so management kind of has an expectation of who they are going to hire. The place has a lot of rules that they advertise to the public when listing open positions, but breaks them whenever they deem it "for the good of the business." The applications are all online now, and you can have someone who works there refer you if you know someone there. They do follow to a tee, their background check, and urine test policy though. They even ask former employers your sexual preference.

The interviewing is pretty straght forward. What do you have to offer us kind of business. They ask pretty standard questions regarding experience, references, etc. They also let you know right off the bat what they expect regarding physical condition, productivity, attendance, late shift, and other stuff, to make sure your up to snuff, and willing to bend for the needs of the company.

Interview Question – I don't remember. It was a pretty long time ago   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had no negotiation. I needed a job, and they were offering

Assistant Manager Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Avon Products in October 2010.

Interview Details It was a great hiring and interview experience. I started off as a temp (1 month) but they saw potential in me plus I really wanted a full time job so they interviewed me.

Interview Question – Why do you think you're fit for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotation since I didn't have much experience in this specific role/area

Business Process Manager Interview

White Plains, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Avon Products in January 2012.

Interview Details Applied online, HR phone screening, hiring manager phone interview, 1:1 interviews on site with 3 different managers (half day session). Overall process took about 2 months

Interview Question – What do you think is the most challenging aspect of the direct selling industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate, however had to play the game to get what I wanted

Belmont, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Avon Products in August 2011.

Interview Details the hiring process made everything look a lot more simple than it was. it is hard to generate income in this field when about 45 other people are more experienced in your line of work in "sales"

Interview Question – Why is it so hard to place my order?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – i spent a lot more money trying to make this work than not

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Jamaica, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Avon Products in December 2013.

Interview Details Interview and hiring is easy and laid back

Interview Question – There wasn't no hard hitting questions   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

District Sales Manager
McAllen, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Avon Products in February 2012.

Interview Details Someone will call you and interview over the phone then they will schedule another over the phone with the Division manager and if they like what you bring to the table you'll have another phone with upper management . It takes awhile they do a very detailed background check. Just close the sale when your talking to them.

Interview Question – Be prepared to answer what was the most difficult situation you have had and how did you handle,   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No

Independent Sales Representative
Victorville, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview Details There is not really an interview. You just pay a ten dollar fee to get started and fill out some paperwork.

Interview Question – None of the questions are very hard.   View Answer

Independent Sales Representative
Lancaster, PA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview Details There was no formal hiring or interview process. Once you decide to join Avon, you meet with upline and District Manager to sign contract. You pay your $10 to start and then have a few days to sell 1st campain and make 40%. Not enough time to actually get business started.

Interview Question – How much money do you think you will make your 1st campaign?   View Answer

Global Brand Manager Interview

Global Brand Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview Details Was a mess. I flew in for the day to interview, HR left me waiting over 30 minutes before starting the interview. Sent me to my next interview who asked me why I was late! HR hadn't even bothered to tell them I was late on their accord. I was hired, came for my first day, and my hiring manager didn't even come to pick me up from the lobby. There was a global meeting and after orientation all the other hires got picked up at like noon. The reception kept calling my boss with no answer. My two up boss happened to walk by about an hour later and was like hey! What are you doing out here! Come with me!

Interview Question – They asked a segmentation question -- how would you segment the bottled water market?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was working with a recruiter. They were fair and paid competitively.

Associate Project Manager Interview

Associate Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Avon Products in July 2011.

Interview Details Internal reference, HR contacted by email, scheduled the interview, four rounds of interview with two senior managers, one application development manager. Final round with HR

Interview Question – STAR based questions   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Avon Products

Worked for Avon Products? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Avon Products interview questions and advice. All 77 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Avon Products employees and interview candidates.