Avon Products Interview Questions

Updated 18 Apr 2015

2.6

Zone Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Avon Products (Delhi) in March 2013.

Interview

4 rounds of interview first was a telephonic round second and third was face to face....asking about your previous experience....fourth was HR round.....finally I accepted the offer....gives a decent salary

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Avon Products (Bangalore) in November 2010.

Interview

All in place. First a phone call, and then a con call or a face to face interview with the reporting manager. The company is supportive incase you are relocating from a different place. If you have a big company tag in your resume, that helps.

I am attached to my category, and it is showing growth and progress, and i would like to make it reach a certain position before i leave.

Zone Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Avon Products (New Delhi) in September 2009.

Interview

There were two rounds of interview basically to judge the interest in job, skills for the job, knowledge about the company and its business. They asked about my former job. Once the 1st round was over the another round was conducted by a senior person to judge and she explained the job responsibilities and the salary structure.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • How can you contribute to direct selling when you have never worked in a company like this before?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Bilingual District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Avon Products (Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

You would think that a national company would behave in a more professional manner. I had 2 phone interviews, one with their corporate recruiter and the second with the woman who is the Regional Sales Manager. She scheduled us to meet for a face to face interview the following week. On the day of the scheduled interview I phoned her in the morning to confirm our meeting, that she requested take place in a local coffee shop. I did not hear from her, but was at the coffee shop waiting for her. She sent me a TEXT message, 10 minutes AFTER our meeting time to tell me that things had changed and she would not be meeting me, and that HR would call me. I left 2 messages for the HR person. Neither she, nor the Regional ever bothered to return my calls. Don't waste your time. I should have paid better attention to some of the reviews on this site.

Interview Questions

• Very generic questions were asked about sales/managerial situations.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

detailed and rigorous, but very engaging and friendly. Careful attention to seeking examples and specifics. Didn't give much feedback on how answers were received. Interviewer was quite attentive and professional. Interviewer was very responsive to my questions about the role and the company.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Avon Products in January 2015.

Interview

This is a company that touts itself as "for" women but everything about their interviewing process is exploitive and is designed to manipulate candidates into working for Avon, prior to hire, for free. I was strung along for four months before being told that the position that I applied for had been "cancelled" and did not need to be filled.

Interview Questions

• The process involved a HR 1.5 hour interview, a .5 hour interview with a Division Manager, a full day work-with with a District Manager (which involved a 300 mile round trip drive with no reimbursement) and a .5 hour interview with a Regional Sales Manager. Questions varied but were mostly situational. With the exception of the District Manager, all of the interview were via phone or Skype.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Avon Products (Kansas City, MO (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

After multiple phone screens, I was set up for a ride along with a current DM in Kansas City. She identified that I would have ZERO family time and representatives generally make more than DMs. She was so negative about the position that I even interjected and asked her if she was trying to talk me out of the position. The rest of the ride along contained a 1.5 hour very disorganized and uninformative meeting with her representatives and a hour long lunch that I had to finance myself. Avon expects a current DM to evaluate your quality and viability in the organization. I'm considerably younger but have significantly more experience in sales and district management. I feel like I was discriminated against based on my age and the fact that I challenged some of the negative points she was making about Avon. Based on the ride along, I was not even extended the opportunity for an interview. I received an email about a week letter identifying that I would not be extended an interview. I responded back to the talent acquisition team asking for feedback because I did not understand how that's possible. No response until today with a recruiter called to tell me AGAIN that I wouldn't be offered an interview (mind you nearly a month has passed). I asked for information and a call back because of how deeply offended I am with the whole process. We'll see.

My ability were "evaluated" by a peer which is beyond my realm of comprehension. If this is the direction Avon continues to go, the company will continue on its backslide and, eventually, irrelevant and stale. With this kind of management there's no way Avon can compete in the millennial age.

Interview Questions

• NONE... in fact I was told was I wouldn't want this job   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Avon Products (New York, NY (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

It was pretty easy, simply submitted my resume through my college and was called in for an interview a few days later. Didn't really have to deal with the company at all until the interview. They work very quickly and have great communication.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all personality related. What are your strengths? How well do you resolve conflicts? Do you work well in a team? things like that   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Development Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Avon Products.

Interview

Applied, phone interview with HR, Phone interview with Hiring Manger, in-person interview - 3 hr long process. During the phone interview the hiring manager was very rude. Asked me what job I was applying for. Shouldn't he know that before calling me. He was straight to the point though. The interview possess went very well. I asked the Hiring manager why the position was open. She stated that in the file, the previous employee left the company. I asked the hiring manager the same question can he was very vague and stated it was reorganization within the company.

Finance Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process was great. HR was very down to earth as was the hiring manager. I found avon associates to be nice and professional. The work life balance is not just a sell during the interview because it does exist as soon as you start with the company and lasts throughout the time you spend there. The offer came quickly and was not dragged out indefinitely like other companies. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• No difficult question was asked maybe because I was well-prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation required