BB&T

215 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Systems Consultant Interview

IT Systems Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details No planning fro the interview , delay in email communications

Interview Question – In Technical interview , I got a aptitude question   Answer Question

Collector I Interview

Collector I

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details You are brought in to a panel of three people after you pass the phone interview. Standard behavioral interview process. They will ask you what you have done in situations, much like every employer.

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate

Relationship Banker I Interview

Relationship Banker I
Goldsboro, NC (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BB&T in July 2014.

Interview Details The process went pretty smoothly. I had an initial interview with Branch Manager, then second interview with SSL and Branch Manager. It was also required that I take a very lengthy online assessment before completing the interviews.

Interview Question – I don't recall a really unexpected or difficult question. All pertained to the job and basic interview questions such as: tell me about yourself, role-play phrased questions, tell me about a difficult situation you had to overcome at your previous job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer given, I felt it was a fair and generous offer considering my education and experience.

Very Difficult Interview

Web Engineer II Interview

Web Engineer II
Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BB&T in June 2014.

Interview Details Initial communication was good, received a call right away. Phone interview scheduled with Manager and several techs. All individuals seemed very respectful and nice.
Once interview kicked off this is where it gets interesting.
Manager said it will be very technical and that I may only get 20% of it right [That should have been a red flag right there].
This position was for a Windows Admin, but all questions were AIX, Linux, some Mainframe, C# programming and very very little Windows [Which is what the job was for]. WTF!!!!!!

Never had I had an interview where the goal seemed to be "Make the individual feel as stupid as possible" I really felt embarrassed on the call and when I told the we should just skip all the non Windows questions I was told we could not and that they needed to be asked. What!!!! I just told you I don't have any experience in them and you continue!!!!!

I am coming from a large insurance company, high stress and high tempo. Recently moved and needed a job but this is unacceptable.

To Top it all off the questions were being asked an fella with a very heavy foreign accent [Indian or Pakistani] and I had to keep having him repeat the questions.

Interview Question – In the programming language of your choice and with correct syntax tell us how to write some particular portion of code. I can't really remember what it was but I thought what a strange question for a Windows Web question.   View Answer

Teller Interview

Teller

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BB&T in July 2012.

Interview Details Applied online, then took an online assessment. Got a phone call the next day, did a ten minutiae phone interview. Then got a call from the Branch Managers boss a few days later to set up an interview. Had an interview with two branch managers, was given an offer at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate but looking back I wish I had, I was offered a lot more then my last job so I just accepted without hesitation, but in reality I could've gotten a lot more.

Relationship Banker I Interview

Relationship Banker I

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BB&T in December 2013.

Interview Details Spent most time communicating with recruiter until the actual interview. Then followed back up with recruiter for assessments. Once those were completed, I received the offer letter from the recruiter, and negotiated the benefits with the recruiter. Overall process was very smooth.

Interview Question – How do you prioritize your work throughout the day?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Florence, SC (US)

I applied online and interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details Was called early in the morning. Did not understand the English spoken by the reviewer. two minute telephone interview. Could not interpret the questions offered. Caller immediately sent a denial to my e-mal account.

Interview Question – Reason for needing a job.   View Answer

Collateral Control Analyst Interview

Collateral Control Analyst
Winston-Salem, NC (US)

I applied online - interviewed at BB&T in November 2013.

Interview Details It was a basic question and answer style. The interview was a two part interview. At the second round, you meet senior management. Then, a manager calls to extend an offer.

Interview Question – Do you have prior experience? Do you get bored easy? Are you able to sit and work independent?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiation.

On Call Teller Interview

On Call Teller

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BB&T in February 2013.

Interview Details The hiring process started with over the phone interview when you pass the teller assessment, and then face to face interview with hiring manager and a group including Area Operation Office and vice President, The whole process took less than 30 days.

Interview Question – Tell me about your sales experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no Budge

Teller Interview

Teller
Morgantown, WV (US)

I applied online and interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details I had three interviews. The first was with HR, the next two were with the Branch Managers. The Branch Managers decide if they want you on their team based on your answers.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself a year from now?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You tell them what you want to make and if it not much in their eyes, they will give you exactly that, not much is said after that. So start high and let them try to bring it down.

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!