BDO USA Interview Questions

Updated 7 May 2015

2.7

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I came in right before my interview. They were very welcoming, and then sat me down in a conference room with a senior manager. I had two back to back interviews with two senior managers who were both super nice and very charismatic. The interview flowed easily and I was comfortable speaking with both interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Why BDO? What I did at my previous job? Why did I want to go into auditing? What industry was I interested in in auditing? etc.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BDO USA (San Jose, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I was invited for the office visit without any on-campus interview. I was first talked to 3 different staffs during the morning session. We had lunch afterwards. Then I was interviewed with 2 managers and a partner. It was a really casual conversation. They are very nice. I was comfortable with the whole interview process.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Interview Questions

• HR interview with behavioral questions - moderate. Most of the decision making in the hiring process is of course done by the partners. Easy interview with two partners partners and other senior staff. In-person interview with invitation to lunch.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at BDO USA.

Interview

Called in, sat with two people, spoke about the position. Left they called said they want me. Brought me in as an Office Assistant. NOT an Administrative Assistant, the position we spoke about.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to be later in your career?   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BDO USA (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied for an internship through the company website. Was contacted couple of weeks later and set up a phone interview where I was offered an opportunity for a full time position. Couple of days later, was invited for an in house interview with 3 employees in 30 minute intervals. Everyone was laid back and the interview was conversational. It was one of the more laid back interviews I had.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral with some questions about my work experience. Gave me a lot of situational questions, "what would you do if...."
      Also asked me my 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses.

1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BDO USA (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Applied through university, got 1st round interviews on campus. 2ND round interviews were in office, consisted of lunch with the professionals and then three 30 minute interviews. Basic questions, some behavioral. Overall a 1-1.5 month process.

International Tax Interview

Interview

was contacted by a recruiter for an interview. there were 3 rounds of interviews--basically behavioral questions. and hour later I was notified that my interviews went well and things were looking good. I was offered the internship later that day.

Core Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

This was a very relaxed interview and they allow you to be yourself. They really want to see who you are and not just the typical interviewer thats extremely formal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous internship and the biggest impact it had on you.   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA (Dallas, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Got an interview through employee referral. I had three 1 on 1 interviews with managers and partners in one morning. Each interview lasted for 30 minutes. Questions are very conversational and easy. I had lunch with associates after interview. No technical questions. I heard from them in the same week.

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BDO USA (Memphis, TN (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by a BDO recruiter via LinkedIn. There were a couple of telephone conversations to see if they wanted to continue moving forward in the process. This eventually led to a little "meet and greet" telephone conversation with one of the directors, who told me all about the company. Eventually this led to an in-person interview with the 2 directors. Most questions were very general. They were basically just trying to see if they could work with me 60+ hours per week. We also discussed transitioning from a small firm to a big firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Where have you worked previously? What types of work have you done, etc.?   Answer Question