BDO USA

Updated 21 Nov 2014
Updated 21 Nov 2014

2.7

Tax Associate Interview

Contacted by a HR and scheduled with on-site interview. A tax manager interviewed with me and ask some behavioral and technical questions. The interviewer also test me on my resume. Make sure you are very familiar with the details you put on resume.

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BDO USA.

Interviews included multiple rounds with partners and MDs. The main hiring manager did all the talking so all I did was listen and sound interested. No case studies, no brain teasers. This company has very lax hiring standards. Just dress well, look professional and act interested. You will get a job.

Very easy, this company is desperate for good talent, so you can ask for anything you like.

Audit Associate Interview

There were two interviews held within about a month of each other; the second interview included lunch and an office visit. Each interview was about 30-45 minutes in length and there were plenty of opportunities to discuss questions. Interviewers were up front about travel requirements.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA in May 2014.

I was initially contacted by a BDO recruiter who saw my LinkedIn profile. We started on a Monday with an informal phone conversation about the company and a little about the position. She indicated if I was interested I should submit a formal application, which I did the next day. A day later we had a formal phone interview which concluded with them letting me know there would most likely be a face to face interview scheduled soon.

I was contacted later asking if Thursday or Friday would work for a face to face interview (wow, they move fast). We actually scheduled it for Monday. That interview was a fairly straight forward interview with the hiring manager and one other analysts. It was conveyed they needed someone ASAP and I was asked how soon I could start and I informed them I'd need to give the standard 2 weeks notice. At the conclusion of that interview I was told they'd be in contact. A day or two later they wanted to schedule a second face to face, again with the hiring manager and more of his staff. They wanted to meet that Friday (again, it seemed to be going very fast) but we settled on Monday. That interview again was straight forward and I got the vibe that the position was basically mine. I was told they'd be in contact.

A week came and went and I heard nothing. I reached out to the BDO recruiter and was told due to some scheduling they needed more time and should learn something next week. Next week came and went and again I reached out. I was given a similar story about needing more time "to complete the process." I was told I was a "top candidate" and they asked for more time. Another week came and went and the communication with the recruiter repeated. Then another week came and went with the same story and I thought I was trapped in an episode of the Twilight Zone.

I wasn't looking for a job to begin with. They contacted me and when we initially discussed salary requirements I made it clear that to get me to leave my current position it would take a generous offer. After another week came and went and multiple attempts to contact the recruiter I finally sent an email to her saying I was withdrawing my name from consideration. Of course that email got an immediate response.

In the past dozen or so years I've held a handful of positions and a couple of those I've been offered the job within hours of the interview so to be strung along for 5 weeks without an answer was somewhat insulting. Especially given they made no attempt to stick to their "one more week" timeline or even to set real expectations of their "process." If this is how they run their interview process I'd hate to see how they run their company. If they want to recruit valuable employees, they should be treated as valuable candidates throughout the "process."

Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BDO USA.

I submitted my resume on their website and they called me in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the blue, just the typical "tell me about your experience" and "why do you want to work here".   View Answer
    They called me up with the job offer, including pretty good compensation, so I was happy to accept.

Pathway to Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA.

On campus one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think the professionals you met in the Networking events remember you?   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BDO USA in April 2014.

Very casual interview. Asked about my GPA and work experiences. Mainly talked about the company and why am I interested in tax. Also asked about future path.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BDO USA in April 2014.

Interviewed for Audit Intern position for Houston through my internal auditing program at school. Very nice and laid back interview. Interviewed with an audit manager who was nice, which you can get the misconception of possibly getting the offer. Interview lasted about 40 minutes. No unusual questions, mostly behavioral questions, ex. tell me a time when... Need to research about the company as well. Interviewed in Spring 2014 for summer intern position.

Audit Interview

interviewed at BDO USA in March 2014.

I applied through career website and got invited to the interview. There are two rounds of interview:

- The first round was on campus. It was pretty easy, just a couple questions about resume and pass experience.

- The second round was at office and consisted of 3 interviews with management people. Very conversational inteviews, just to get to know you.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BDO USA.

Had a first round interview on campus. It was pretty standard, behavioral questions, why BDO, etc. Scheduled a second round in house interview a couple weeks later. Met with five partners for about 30 minutes each. Again, the questions were mainly behavioral. Went to dinner with a group of associates afterward.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a recent time when you learned and/or quick something new up quickly   Answer Question