BHP Billiton Interview Questions

Updated 10 Sep 2014
Updated 10 Sep 2014

Data Improvement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wollongong (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wollongong (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Was recruited through an employment company on contract basis. Interview process was limited because they wanted my expertise. Phone interview firstly then a 1:1 interview with the HR manager. Job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What can I bring to the company long term.   View Answer
    Accepted the job on their base offer.

Senior Maintenance Technician Interview

I applied online - interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview about code of conduct and behavioural based questions, give examples in the star basis, situation, task, action, result. Process takes around an hour, research the BHP code of conduct and you will find it easy.

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BHP Billiton.

2 interviews . one by phone and the last one through video conference. However, this was before many of the changes in processes at the company. Then i had to go through a personality test where you draw cards and you have to put them in different stacks. This is is to understand how you think.

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Perth, Western Australia (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

there was nothing particular about the hiring process, it was what could be described as a regular process, position advertised, applied for, review of CV's, short listing, interviewing, consideration, offer, acceptance, set start date.

set price

Land Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BHP Billiton in June 2014.

Too lengthy, could take up to 2 months. Panel interview with 3 managers in a conference room. Breifed with HR rep before interview, questions were pretty basic interview questions. Wear a suit and be well spoken, there will most likely be a Manager that is stoic and not friendly

Interview Questions
    • Describe a sitiuation in which you played a lead role and a supportive roll on a team   View Answer
    I didnt get the position I applied for, instead I was contacted by one of the panel Managers and offered a contract position

Measurement Analyst Interview

Quick process! Applied online and found some contacts through LinkedIn. Gave me the red carpet treatment for my face to face interview. Overall process took less than a month. HR is detailed oriented and thorough.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me about specific measurement software and my experience with it   Answer Question

Graduate Metallurgist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at BHP Billiton in May 2014.

Initial online applications, then online assessment (comprehension, numerical, logical), the online video interview (4 questions, 30 seconds to read the question, then 2 minutes to answer), the selection centre (in-person behavioural interview - starting off with basic "tell us about yourself" question, "what do you know about our company" question, then 3 or so behavioural questions on safety, teamwork, and adapting to a new workplace/style, and two different group discussions/presentations). Next will be site-based selection, possibly involving another interview, then reference checks and medicals.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you were given negative criticism. How did you react, and what did you do as a result? [something along those lines]   Answer Question

Information Management Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BHP Billiton.

1 phone interview and 1 panel interview with 5 people. brutal process

Reservoir Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Met them at Career Day at school. One day before interview they took all candidates for dinner to an steak house. The interview lasted about an hour and fifteen minutes. The main interviewer was sitting across from me asking me questions. The second interviewer was sitting next to me observing my body language.

Interview Questions
    • What was the lowest point of your previous internship experience?
      Why do you want to intern at BHP Billiton?
      In general their interviewing style was friendly but very inquisitive. They questioned me on all my great previous academic and internship achievements that I answered them with original documents. Two weeks later the Vice President of Engineering called me offering me internship. I accepted their offer even though I had other multiple offers from great oil companies.
        Answer Question

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Port of Spain (Trinidad and Tobago)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port of Spain (Trinidad and Tobago)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BHP Billiton in March 2014.

Very detailed, recruiter interview, phone interviee and then possible face interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for BHP Billiton? Contribute to the Community!