BHP Billiton Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2014
Updated Aug 14, 2014
72 interviews

Land Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BHP Billiton in June 2014.

Too lengthy, could take up to 2 months. Panel interview with 3 managers in a conference room. Breifed with HR rep before interview, questions were pretty basic interview questions. Wear a suit and be well spoken, there will most likely be a Manager that is stoic and not friendly

Interview Questions
    • Describe a sitiuation in which you played a lead role and a supportive roll on a team   View Answer
    I didnt get the position I applied for, instead I was contacted by one of the panel Managers and offered a contract position

Data Improvement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wollongong (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wollongong (Australia)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Was recruited through an employment company on contract basis. Interview process was limited because they wanted my expertise. Phone interview firstly then a 1:1 interview with the HR manager. Job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What can I bring to the company long term.   View Answer
    Accepted the job on their base offer.

Senior Maintenance Technician Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at BHP Billiton.

Interview about code of conduct and behavioural based questions, give examples in the star basis, situation, task, action, result. Process takes around an hour, research the BHP code of conduct and you will find it easy.

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BHP Billiton.

2 interviews . one by phone and the last one through video conference. However, this was before many of the changes in processes at the company. Then i had to go through a personality test where you draw cards and you have to put them in different stacks. This is is to understand how you think.

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Perth, Western Australia (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

there was nothing particular about the hiring process, it was what could be described as a regular process, position advertised, applied for, review of CV's, short listing, interviewing, consideration, offer, acceptance, set start date.

set price

Financial Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Johannesburg (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BHP Billiton in August 2010.

Individual orientated and teh specific manager applies his or her own mind as to the process to assess candidates for suitable and fit with the specific team. Might include formal testing and most likely will for senioor positions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the best investment evaluation method specific to exploration projects and the reasons you think it to be appropriate.   View Answer
    Quite informal and accommodating.

Measurement Analyst Interview

Quick process! Applied online and found some contacts through LinkedIn. Gave me the red carpet treatment for my face to face interview. Overall process took less than a month. HR is detailed oriented and thorough.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me about specific measurement software and my experience with it   Answer Question

Graduate Metallurgist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at BHP Billiton in May 2014.

Initial online applications, then online assessment (comprehension, numerical, logical), the online video interview (4 questions, 30 seconds to read the question, then 2 minutes to answer), the selection centre (in-person behavioural interview - starting off with basic "tell us about yourself" question, "what do you know about our company" question, then 3 or so behavioural questions on safety, teamwork, and adapting to a new workplace/style, and two different group discussions/presentations). Next will be site-based selection, possibly involving another interview, then reference checks and medicals.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you were given negative criticism. How did you react, and what did you do as a result? [something along those lines]   Answer Question

Geoscience Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BHP Billiton in February 2014.

Submitted application and within a week or so I received an email requesting my availability for the following two weeks to schedule a 30 minute phone interview. The phone interview actually occurred 4 days later and went excellent. The hiring manager suggested that I be scheduled for a face to face, 2 separate panel interview which occurred two weeks later.

First met with HR. No questions, just simply explained the benefits and answered any questions I had.

Then met with the hiring manager, another manager and a team member. First half explained the way the Petroleum part of the company worked and how the position fits in to that piece. Then the barrage of questions start from mainly the two people that were not part of the initial phone interview. I felt like I was batting 1.000 and felt very confident in their perception of me and my thorough responses. Great experience. When it was done they advised me that the second panel interview was cancelled.

The next day I was told that they wanted to make me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • "You have listed quite a few BHP employees as references, what do you expect them to say about you.   View Answer
    Back and forth negotiating.

Information Management Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BHP Billiton.

1 phone interview and 1 panel interview with 5 people. brutal process

Interview Questions

Worked for BHP Billiton? Contribute to the Community!