BJ's Restaurants Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
57 interviews

2.2

Dishwasher/Food Prep Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

I applied online and the next morning received a phone call to come in for an interview. Was interviewed for the first time, then I was asked to wait until I could talk to the GM (the same day- 20 min. later) and was offered a job afterwards on the spot. If you are what they are looking for and you have experience, you should have no problem getting hired.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you more qualified for this position than others?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Denton, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in August 2014.

The environment for this interview was very nice, it was just the person I was being interviewed by. Yes, it was my first interview, but i was't even given a chance. He acted like I was wasting his time and didn't really have any kind of interest in interviewing me, or anyone else for that matter. I was interviewed by one of the chefs, I'm assuming because of his chef jacket, which was a little odd to me. None-the-less, within 5 minutes he pretty much told they weren't going to hire me.

Server Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in July 2014.

3 interviews. Normally you interview with the GM last but when i showed up after being scheduled an interview he was the only manager there ..,,after interviewing with him i interviewed with 2 other managers. Questions were standard. Tell me about yourself and why i want to work at BJs... Communication was bad after my last interview but eventually got told i got the job and went to orientation

Just look sharp, smile a lot and be cool/relaxed

No neg

Hostess Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in July 2014.

Very pleasant yet short talk with the manager on duty. I felt it went well. I told the manager I was up for the challenge and enjoyed customer service. I felt like they take a lot of pride in putting the customer first.

Interview Questions
    • I don't have any recent experience so I had to sell myself as a great person to take a chance on.   Answer Question

Service Assistant Interview

Three interviews, basic questions. Asked about past work experience. Asked about weaknesses and strengths. Took about two weeks to hire. Pay was nonnegotiable. I had to go in in-person for them to even look at my resume. If you look sharp you will mostly likely get the job.

No negotiation

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Little Rock, AR (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in June 2014.

They asked me about my other jobs & why do I want to quit them. Then asked about my work ethic basically pretty easy process I was offered the job then 10 minutes after leavening they didn't want to hire me cuz I leave a McDonalds bag in their parking lot...

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orange, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in June 2014.

Was a surprisingly quick interview process. After submitting an application online, I asked to speak with the manager in the store, he was willing to interview me right then and there. He asked me to come back the next day for a second interview and after that one they offered me the job. Very relaxed interviews overall. They seemed to just want to get a general sense of my personality, work ethic, leadership ability, and interest in BJ's specifically. Come prepared with some basic information about BJ's culture and values. They seemed to like that I knew BJ's goal as a restaurant and was able to communicate that.

Interview Questions
    • Questions ranged anywhere from "Why apply for BJ's over other restaurants?" to "If you were going to the movies with your friends and you really wanted to see a particular movie, how likely is it you would all end up seeing that movie?" Be ready to talk about BJ's and talk about how your personality plays out in life.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Hostess Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants.

The interview process was really relaxed asked a few questions basic "why do you want to work here" questions and the interview was over. He told me that he would call back thurssday morning but never called back but i wasn't to worried.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in April 2014.

I saw an ad on Craigslist that they were hiring. I applied online, went in that day and asked to speak to a manager. The manager went over my application and asked me a few questions about my current job and why I wanted to work there. Then she set up an interview with the Senior Asst manager a couple of days later. He asked me about my availability, experience, how I would work there on top off school and another job. Then he set up an interview with the GM. He asked me a few situational questions and asked about my work performance. After about 10 minutes he extended an offer and I had orientation the next day. All managers were really nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • When faced with multiple tasks at once, how would you handle the situation?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at BJ's Restaurants in May 2014.

I applied online and actually called the restaurant to let them know I had applied and if I could speak to a manager. the manager talked to me over the phone and asked me to come in for a first interview. She was pretty down to earth. she asked me about my previous Job experience as a server, Why I wanted to work at BJ's and the standard BJ's trys to accomplish with all their restaurants. She said she was impressed and she past me along to the General Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Worked for BJ's Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!