BJC HealthCare

Updated 9 Jun 2014
Updated 9 Jun 2014

2.7

Office Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at BJC HealthCare.

They asked me 0 questions and asked me instead what questions I had. I had researched the position in advance so was ready.

Yes, a little.

Pct Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at BJC HealthCare in March 2014.

It was a nice experience they were really interested in what I wanted to do with my future. They were concerned about all of the experience I've had in the past and why I left my last position. I actually recieved a call back the next day after my interview.

Research Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BJC HealthCare.

Emailed resume and coverletter, took a few weeks to hear for interview invitation, 3 panels in the interview group, went for an hour, took a couple months to hear the result

Full Time CNA Day Shift - Progress West Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in O Fallon, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in O Fallon, MO (US)

I applied online – interviewed at BJC HealthCare in January 2014.

The women in HR were very unorganized and poor communication with each other. They took a long time to return any of my calls. I wouldn't apply for another position or would ever want to work there.

Clinical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BJC HealthCare.

Most new hires go through an internship process. It is a very informative period where the intern learns a great deal about a wide variety of equipment.

Performance Improvement Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BJC HealthCare.

There was a several week delay between my first contact and a call to schedule the face to face interview. Once the interview finally happened it was a panel of about 10 people asking me questions from a list. Normally it would have been intimidating but everyone was very laid back and friendly. I was asked back the next day for a second face to face interview with the departments Sr. Management. These were just a formality and one last chance to make sure I was not a jerk. The offer came within the week.

Interview Questions
    • Not any one question comes to mind. Be prepared to discuss in detail your experience with Lean and Six Sigma.   Answer Question
    Some room on salary, none on benefits/vacation.

Medical Assistant Interview

Get through interview with HR then they will send you to the office for an interview with the Office manager. If the office manager likes you then you can meet the Doctors and they choose after that

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at BJC HealthCare.

The interview process took nearly 2 years. It was a new/specialized position in an innovative area charged with standardizing systems and processes across hospitals that had previously been autonomously organized. I talked with people representing business, information technology, methodology and management over about 15 meetings.
    This was an exciting opportunity to establish new project delivery practices in a fast-paced, highly charged, highly visible, and highly valuable work environment.
    <Note that this page does not allow interview processes to take ove 365 days. This one was non-standard and took nearly 2 years.>

Interview Questions
    • What area do you want to focus on? Process improvement, quality management, project management?   View Answer
    The offering was fair for the market. Benefits were solid with matching 401K, and health/dental/vision insurance. Earned time off was below expectations. Negotiated job start date, and a draw on Earned Time Off.

Technical Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at BJC HealthCare.

The interview was impersonal and unprofessional. The HR recruiter was late and she was very blunt. The first question asked was what it would take for me to convert from a contractor to and FTE. I wrote down a number and was told it will never happen.

Interview Questions
    Hold out if you have skills for the right pay. Do not believe them if they promise career advancement steps at an accelerated rate.

Senior Recruiter Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at BJC HealthCare.

After an initial phone screen, I met with the hiring manager and another recruiter who I would be assisting. They took turns asking me behavioral-based questions about my work history to have me demonstrate how my skills and values fit in with the culture of BJC. There wasn't a lot of time spent on my ability to do the job (they trusted the staffing agency to establish that).

Interview Questions
    • BJC utilizes behavioral-based interviewing. Be prepared to answer their questions with specific scenarios from your work history (i.e. discussing conflicts with employees, demonstrating decision-making skills, etc.)   Answer Question
    Since I was a contractor, there was no negotiation. In general, there is somewhat limited room for negotiating salary.