BJC HealthCare

Getting the Interview

25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Office Manager Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at BJC HealthCare.

Interview Details They asked me 0 questions and asked me instead what questions I had. I had researched the position in advance so was ready.

Negotiation Details – Yes, a little.

Full Time CNA Day Shift - Progress West Interview

O Fallon, MO (US)

I applied online - interviewed at BJC HealthCare in January 2014.

Interview Details The women in HR were very unorganized and poor communication with each other. They took a long time to return any of my calls. I wouldn't apply for another position or would ever want to work there.

Interview Question – Would you accept night shift?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BJC HealthCare in March 2010.

Interview Details It was a traditional panel interview with the hiring manager and a panel of peers.

Interview Question – How do you troubleshoot a WINS problem.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Had to negotiate a permanent offer vs contract to hire.

Research Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at BJC HealthCare.

Interview Details Emailed resume and coverletter, took a few weeks to hear for interview invitation, 3 panels in the interview group, went for an hour, took a couple months to hear the result

Interview Question – Describe your three achievements in your life   Answer Question

Clinical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BJC HealthCare.

Interview Details Most new hires go through an internship process. It is a very informative period where the intern learns a great deal about a wide variety of equipment.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions for me   Answer Question

Private Interview

Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at BJC HealthCare in February 2009.

Interview Details interviewed after internship was told I got the job - offer then retracted when an insiders friend wanted it. Was hired about 6 months after that when new opening

Negotiation Details – none

Performance Improvement Consultant Interview

Performance Improvement Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BJC HealthCare.

Interview Details There was a several week delay between my first contact and a call to schedule the face to face interview. Once the interview finally happened it was a panel of about 10 people asking me questions from a list. Normally it would have been intimidating but everyone was very laid back and friendly. I was asked back the next day for a second face to face interview with the departments Sr. Management. These were just a formality and one last chance to make sure I was not a jerk. The offer came within the week.

Interview Question – Not any one question comes to mind. Be prepared to discuss in detail your experience with Lean and Six Sigma.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some room on salary, none on benefits/vacation.

Medical Assistant Interview

Medical Assistant

Interviewed at BJC HealthCare

Interview Details Get through interview with HR then they will send you to the office for an interview with the Office manager. If the office manager likes you then you can meet the Doctors and they choose after that

Interview Question – How do you see yourself helping our practice?   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 12 months - interviewed at BJC HealthCare.

Interview Details The interview process took nearly 2 years. It was a new/specialized position in an innovative area charged with standardizing systems and processes across hospitals that had previously been autonomously organized. I talked with people representing business, information technology, methodology and management over about 15 meetings.
This was an exciting opportunity to establish new project delivery practices in a fast-paced, highly charged, highly visible, and highly valuable work environment.
<Note that this page does not allow interview processes to take ove 365 days. This one was non-standard and took nearly 2 years.>

Interview Question – What area do you want to focus on? Process improvement, quality management, project management?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offering was fair for the market. Benefits were solid with matching 401K, and health/dental/vision insurance. Earned time off was below expectations. Negotiated job start date, and a draw on Earned Time Off.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BJC HealthCare in June 2009.

Interview Details casual. interviewers were ok.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected or difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiated for $1 more per hour. got it.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for BJC HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!

BJC HealthCare Videos

BJC HealthCare – Why Work for Us?

BJC HealthCare is one of the largest nonprofit health care organizations in the United States, delivering services to residents primarily in the greater St. Louis, southern Illinois and mid-Missouri regions. With net… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BJC HealthCare interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews are posted anonymously by BJC HealthCare employees and interview candidates.