BP Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

3.3

Sourcing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BP in August 2014.

2 assessment and followed by face to face interview. You need to sit for English assessment and followed by another 2 online assessment. if you pass these assessment, they will call you for interview with HR and your future boss

Interview Questions

need to support US shift when the working hour is a bit off

Process Engineer Interview

There are 2 rounds: HR and Technical ones. HR will ask several questions about your personal life and interest. Direct hire mgr will ask questions to understand your experiences. They might go to universities for interns.

Government Affairs Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BP in August 2010.

Phone interview - open and friendly. Questions mainly focused on my accomplishments and success stories. Such as, what did I do to achieve a certain outcome and/or goal. On the phone interview I was talking to an individual from HR and a senior department head. The HR employee just wanted answers to her questions and not the questions coming from the senior department employee.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult. Primarily they wanted details of career milestones/success stories and how I made it happen.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

After you pass the CV screening you'll get link to do online test with limited time, after you pass the online test you'll get hr interview by phone, after you pass hr interview you'll be invited to do user interview, after you pass user interview the last is general test, MCU and offer.

Interview Questions
    • Need to know process description of Sales Gas and/or LNG   Answer Question

1L Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at BP in February 2014.

The people were really great. I applied online. There were multiple applicants but only eight people were selected for interviews. Initially I was very nervous. However, as the interview continued I relaxed. I received notice about a month after I applied.

Interview Questions
    • What are two reasons the BP internship would benefit me.   Answer Question

Asset and Process Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Blaine, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blaine, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 12 months - interviewed at BP in August 2014.

i applied online through the website at least a year ago for the position. thats correct, at least a year ago! i was so used to receiving adverse emails from them that i nearly deleted the email that said "congratulations... you have been selected...: blah blah blah. i never understood how congrats could be in order, when i wasnt offered a job (yet.) :) my philosphy is that when you receive notifications like that the company's HR system must be the infamous black hole people discuss. anyway, i was quite excited to receive the call with the hiring manager for two reasons. 1. it was with BP. 2. location, location, location. it was located in an area in WA quite close to the canadian border. a beautiful area. anyway, the nice things end there.
    the HR manager obviously was young, sneaky and what a call a "desk jockey" engineer. it was further proven in the interview when i asked about her background. she sounded like the typical engineer given her positon simply because of her looks. and im not trying to be spiteful, just telling the truth. it was further compounded by her unprofessionalism through the interview. i could go on and on and on. by her demeanor, i simply do not know how she became a manager of other engineers. i knew she was someone i wouldnt want to work for when she made the typical comment "...you will hear something in two weeks, about the process, depending on HR they are so slow... "
    right...
     my conclusion? BP is one of those companies that takes the top 10% of recent chemical engineering grads and brainwashes them.
    all theory, not much plant experience. which may explain the reasons why they had those "issues" in the past. engineers without actual plant experience is a real problem. theres a reason they call it "hands on" for a reason. to design without knowing, is to design a real problem.

Interview Questions
    • none really. typical "good cop" interview where they want you to reveal yourself.   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at BP.

Many offers are given at college interviews or at the end of an internship. They will only talk to top 10% and Masters+ students. Hiring goals constantly change hence some offers get rescinded. Focus answers around actual achievements, being a team player, and passion for the business and learning. Research and a thesis that are industry related is major plus.

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked to give examples of something you proposed where you made a difference. It could be a better flow around tables in a restaurant, just something that shows action. There are proposed questions for an interviewer but it's up to him/her as to what to ask. Most ask how you handled a difficult boss or someone you worked with. BP doesn't like conflict and wants folk who can resolve issues not create them.   Answer Question
    You have the most leverage when accepting a new job, after that it's a statistical play. Be reasonable but if it's really important then ask. They might say OK.

Process Engineer - Vacation Student Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BP.

Online application; cover letter, resume, academic transcript. Fairly typical sort of application. There were a few questions to answer within the application. You were also asked about the grades of subjects that would be relevant to the role. As long as you have decent grades, you would be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to complete a technical task? How did you go about it?   Answer Question

Other offers.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

interviewed at BP in February 2014.

Online application, numerical test and verbal reasoning test, phone interview, face to face interview at the business park and assessment centre. The process took about 3 months. The face to face interview involves classic questions like why BP, why this role and about the projects I was involved in. Then there were case studies to do with project management.

Interview Questions
    • Case study questions to do with how to manage projects when there is an unexpected event e.g. the neighbours are unhappy with the drilling site due to the noise it creates, what can you do? or if there is not enough production facility what do you?   Answer Question

Trader Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BP in October 2013.

Two persons from BP asked questions. And one of them left early to catch the plane. The interview lasted around 45 minutes. First half of the interview is basic behavioral questions. Difficult to answer. Should prepare early. Second half of the interview is technical questions. Something related to the energy industry.

Interview Questions
    • When some thing happens, which company should you invest?   Answer Question

Worked for BP? Contribute to the Community!