BP Interview Questions

Updated 9 Oct 2014
Updated 9 Oct 2014

3.3

Finance Interview

Telephone interview asked for many examples of Capacity, Achievements and Relationships, using examples from your daily life. It was a bit awkward in my case as the conversation didn't feel like it flowed so there were some awkward silences and also my phone cut off near the beginning which put me off too.

Interview Questions
    • Can you think of a time where you successfully convinced someone of your point of view?   Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BP in October 2014.

I applied online, it took about a week for a response.
    I got called in for an interview where I was asked basic questions about my aspirations,
    experience, education. Pretty much a get-to-know-you informal interview. Managers were very friendly and helpful with any questions asked. It was pretty straightforward.
    Afterwards I was given a test paper which took me about 10 mins to complete, and I was told they'd get back to me after a few days.

I got the call.

Interview Questions
    • What are your aspirations?
      Where do you see yourself in the long term.
      What sort of experience have you got?
      How would people describe you?
        Answer Question
    Just filled in more paperwork. Just be honest, and friendly. It's what they'll expect you to show towards customers.

Refining Electrical Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BP.

I applied online through my university's job board, and in 2 weeks I was able to schedule an on campus interview. The interview consisted of situational questions and technical questions, focused on transformers. The technical questions were more focused on the thought process and not just the answer itself. After everything, he gave me a card for 5 free song downloads, as a token of appreciation in being interested in BP.

Interview Questions
    • With three phase transformers connected to a motor, what can you do to change the speed of the motor?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

There are 2 rounds: HR and Technical ones. HR will ask several questions about your personal life and interest. Direct hire mgr will ask questions to understand your experiences. They might go to universities for interns.

Process Engineer Interview

After you pass the CV screening you'll get link to do online test with limited time, after you pass the online test you'll get hr interview by phone, after you pass hr interview you'll be invited to do user interview, after you pass user interview the last is general test, MCU and offer.

Interview Questions
    • Need to know process description of Sales Gas and/or LNG   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at BP.

Many offers are given at college interviews or at the end of an internship. They will only talk to top 10% and Masters+ students. Hiring goals constantly change hence some offers get rescinded. Focus answers around actual achievements, being a team player, and passion for the business and learning. Research and a thesis that are industry related is major plus.

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked to give examples of something you proposed where you made a difference. It could be a better flow around tables in a restaurant, just something that shows action. There are proposed questions for an interviewer but it's up to him/her as to what to ask. Most ask how you handled a difficult boss or someone you worked with. BP doesn't like conflict and wants folk who can resolve issues not create them.   Answer Question
    You have the most leverage when accepting a new job, after that it's a statistical play. Be reasonable but if it's really important then ask. They might say OK.

Process Engineer - Vacation Student Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BP.

Online application; cover letter, resume, academic transcript. Fairly typical sort of application. There were a few questions to answer within the application. You were also asked about the grades of subjects that would be relevant to the role. As long as you have decent grades, you would be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to complete a technical task? How did you go about it?   Answer Question

Other offers.

Asset and Process Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blaine, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blaine, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at BP in August 2014.

i applied online through the website at least a year ago for the position. thats correct, at least a year ago! i was so used to receiving adverse emails from them that i nearly deleted the email that said "congratulations... you have been selected...: blah blah blah. i never understood how congrats could be in order, when i wasnt offered a job (yet.) :) my philosphy is that when you receive notifications like that the company's HR system must be the infamous black hole people discuss. anyway, i was quite excited to receive the call with the hiring manager for two reasons. 1. it was with BP. 2. location, location, location. it was located in an area in WA quite close to the canadian border. a beautiful area. anyway, the nice things end there.
    the HR manager obviously was young, sneaky and what a call a "desk jockey" engineer. it was further proven in the interview when i asked about her background. she sounded like the typical engineer given her positon simply because of her looks. and im not trying to be spiteful, just telling the truth. it was further compounded by her unprofessionalism through the interview. i could go on and on and on. by her demeanor, i simply do not know how she became a manager of other engineers. i knew she was someone i wouldnt want to work for when she made the typical comment "...you will hear something in two weeks, about the process, depending on HR they are so slow... "
    right...
     my conclusion? BP is one of those companies that takes the top 10% of recent chemical engineering grads and brainwashes them.
    all theory, not much plant experience. which may explain the reasons why they had those "issues" in the past. engineers without actual plant experience is a real problem. theres a reason they call it "hands on" for a reason. to design without knowing, is to design a real problem.

Interview Questions
    • none really. typical "good cop" interview where they want you to reveal yourself.   Answer Question

Sourcing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BP in August 2014.

2 assessment and followed by face to face interview. You need to sit for English assessment and followed by another 2 online assessment. if you pass these assessment, they will call you for interview with HR and your future boss

Interview Questions

need to support US shift when the working hour is a bit off

Process Engineer Interview

There was a number of stages which had to be completed however BP was very efficient in the way that these were carried out. From receiving an invitation for online tests to receiving an offer only took two weeks. Overall I would say it was the best recruiting experience I have had thus far.