BP

Updated 16 Nov 2014
Updated 16 Nov 2014

3.2

Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BP.

Uses behavioral interviewing questions and techniques. You'd better be prepared because the hiring decision is made based on the points you make whilst answering the questions. It's subjective - yes, but that's the process. Suggest you brush up on the typical behavioral type questions you'll find on the web or in one of the popular interviewing books.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had to make a unpopular decision? What was the situation and what was the decision? How did you manage the team's reaction and convince them that it was the right thing to do?   View Answer
    Smooth and short

IST Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BP.

I applied through my campus career management center. I was chosen for an interview and then invited for dinner to talk to recruiters the day before the interview. There were two 45 minute parts to the interview. The first part of the interview just asked about my experiences (it was a lot of "tell me about a time" questions). The second part was the technical portion of the interview which was way easier than I expected. The process took 5 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you needed to adapt to a new situation to be successful.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BP.

I spoke with a recruiter at a Science and Engineering Career Fair and was offered an interview on campus that week. The interview had behavioral and technical questions, and the panel consisted of an experienced engineering manager and a young engineer. I received the offer by phone a week after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The technical question required some fundamental knowledge of fluid mechanics that was difficult to articulate well before at an early point in my major.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at BP.

Interview is half behavioral and half technical assessment. They will assess your academic record, previous experiences, and interview in the consideration. The time to respond takes a while, as the company waits until they have completed interviews for all possible candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Technical assessment includes mathematical calculations.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Campus recruiting; one round of interview only for interns; it was a mix of behavioral questions and a mini case. The case was fairly easy compared with other consulting interviews

Finance Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BP.

I applied on campus, the interview was an hour and 15 minutes long, fairly simple. Mostly simple behavioral questions. Case questions at the end to see how you think. Again, fairly simple. Nothing too hard. They asked mostly team-based questions.
    EX. Tell me about a time where you had a teammate do X and you had to fix it

Interview Questions
    • Business Case- they try to get to see how you think about real world business problems.. At the pre-interview reception they said there was really no way to be prepared for it. Fairly simple.
      EX. Project X is not profitable, should we keep it?
        Answer Question

Finance Interview

Telephone interview asked for many examples of Capacity, Achievements and Relationships, using examples from your daily life. It was a bit awkward in my case as the conversation didn't feel like it flowed so there were some awkward silences and also my phone cut off near the beginning which put me off too.

Interview Questions
    • Can you think of a time where you successfully convinced someone of your point of view?   Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BP in October 2014.

I applied online, it took about a week for a response.
    I got called in for an interview where I was asked basic questions about my aspirations,
    experience, education. Pretty much a get-to-know-you informal interview. Managers were very friendly and helpful with any questions asked. It was pretty straightforward.
    Afterwards I was given a test paper which took me about 10 mins to complete, and I was told they'd get back to me after a few days.

I got the call.

Interview Questions
    • What are your aspirations?
      Where do you see yourself in the long term.
      What sort of experience have you got?
      How would people describe you?
        Answer Question
    Just filled in more paperwork. Just be honest, and friendly. It's what they'll expect you to show towards customers.

Refining Electrical Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BP.

I applied online through my university's job board, and in 2 weeks I was able to schedule an on campus interview. The interview consisted of situational questions and technical questions, focused on transformers. The technical questions were more focused on the thought process and not just the answer itself. After everything, he gave me a card for 5 free song downloads, as a token of appreciation in being interested in BP.

Interview Questions
    • With three phase transformers connected to a motor, what can you do to change the speed of the motor?   Answer Question

HRDP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BP in October 2014.

On-campus interview for graduate students - info session and dinner were the night before the interview and the recruiters were friendly and personable, as well as very knowledgeable about the company. Interview was 75 minutes long and included both behavioral questions as well as a "case" that was really a series of related situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • There is an employee who is not performing at an adequate level and is spending a lot of time on the phone. His/her manager has asked you for your advice on how to act. What do you tell them?   Answer Question