BP

Updated 16 Jan 2015
Updated 16 Jan 2015

3.3

Maintenance Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BP.

Submitted CV online, recruiter contacted me and invited for an interview. Interview was spilt into two parts, technical and behavioural. Pleasant interview with set questions, I was not put under real pressure but the interviewers would press for expansion of my answers. Only concern was the timeframe from Interview confirmation until interview outcome......10 weeks.....nerves we're getting shredded.

Interview Questions
    • How do you convince senior managers that your idea will improve the business, even if at the outset they 100% disagree with the proposal.   Answer Question
    To be fair BP took my current salary/benefit status into consideration, so negotiation phase was comprehensive and quick.

Geologist Interview

They are nice. The interview is as long as 120 minute. They will follow a question sheet, and ask you behavior questions and technical questions. For geologists, seismic interpretation is necessary here. There is no answer for your interpretation.

Finance IST Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BP.

Interview was heavy on behavioral/situational scenarios. remember to answer in the 'STAR' format (requiter should fill you in on this). I forgot the acronym, but it's 'What was the issue, what did you do, how did you do it, and what were the results'. Answer every question that way.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing quantitative. There was one question regarding exposure to physical crude inventory; i think it went, "i'm long crude, what am I exposed to and how can i hedge"   View Answer

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BP.

Recruiter contacted me to interview with them.

The hiring manager was definitely not interested in me since I did not have the experience or pedigree he was looking for. Not sure why they brought me in for an interview.

Granted I had food poisoning the morning of the interview so maybe it was me?

Essentially it was a waste of time.

Graduate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BP.

Assessment Centre was really unorganised, all commerce students were assessed under the same standard. And the technical questions were also marketing based which were a bit unfair to other candidates in different streams.

BP IST Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BP.

Applied via online site and had a campus interview. Interview was 90 minutes - 45 minutes behavioral/fit, 45 minutes of a non-technical case study. The questions were very repetitive and asked repeatedly with minimal changes in the wording. Case wasn't technical which made it hard to determine whether or not the answer was correct.

Interview Questions
    • You are given two projects to evaluate. One has a higher upfront cost but potential for greater earnings over time, while the other one is cheaper but is not expected to generate as much revenue. Which one do you undertake?   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Recently applied, now waiting for the results. The online application took a short while but it looks like a great position so worth it. I will let you know how I get on and any advice I can give! Expexted to get some feedback in the coming weeks.

IST Interview

Campus career services sent along my resume. Got an email requesting a phone interview. Hour long behavioral phone interview. Followed up for video interview, two on one, 45 minute behavioral, 45 minute technical. Called two weeks later to offer job. Relatively easy, friendly thoughout.

No negotiation

IST Interview

Dropped off my resume at the career fair, got an email and scheduled to interview. 2 on 1 90 min interview, 45 min behavioral and 45 min case.

Didn't like the process

IST Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BP.

I applied through my campus career management center. I was chosen for an interview and then invited for dinner to talk to recruiters the day before the interview. There were two 45 minute parts to the interview. The first part of the interview just asked about my experiences (it was a lot of "tell me about a time" questions). The second part was the technical portion of the interview which was way easier than I expected. The process took 5 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you needed to adapt to a new situation to be successful.   Answer Question