BP Interview Questions

Updated 29 Oct 2014
Updated 29 Oct 2014

3.3

Finance Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BP.

I applied on campus, the interview was an hour and 15 minutes long, fairly simple. Mostly simple behavioral questions. Case questions at the end to see how you think. Again, fairly simple. Nothing too hard. They asked mostly team-based questions.
    EX. Tell me about a time where you had a teammate do X and you had to fix it

Interview Questions
    • Business Case- they try to get to see how you think about real world business problems.. At the pre-interview reception they said there was really no way to be prepared for it. Fairly simple.
      EX. Project X is not profitable, should we keep it?
        Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Campus recruiting; one round of interview only for interns; it was a mix of behavioral questions and a mini case. The case was fairly easy compared with other consulting interviews

Finance Interview

Telephone interview asked for many examples of Capacity, Achievements and Relationships, using examples from your daily life. It was a bit awkward in my case as the conversation didn't feel like it flowed so there were some awkward silences and also my phone cut off near the beginning which put me off too.

Interview Questions
    • Can you think of a time where you successfully convinced someone of your point of view?   Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BP in October 2014.

I applied online, it took about a week for a response.
    I got called in for an interview where I was asked basic questions about my aspirations,
    experience, education. Pretty much a get-to-know-you informal interview. Managers were very friendly and helpful with any questions asked. It was pretty straightforward.
    Afterwards I was given a test paper which took me about 10 mins to complete, and I was told they'd get back to me after a few days.

I got the call.

Interview Questions
    • What are your aspirations?
      Where do you see yourself in the long term.
      What sort of experience have you got?
      How would people describe you?
        Answer Question
    Just filled in more paperwork. Just be honest, and friendly. It's what they'll expect you to show towards customers.

HRDP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BP in October 2014.

On-campus interview for graduate students - info session and dinner were the night before the interview and the recruiters were friendly and personable, as well as very knowledgeable about the company. Interview was 75 minutes long and included both behavioral questions as well as a "case" that was really a series of related situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • There is an employee who is not performing at an adequate level and is spending a lot of time on the phone. His/her manager has asked you for your advice on how to act. What do you tell them?   Answer Question

Upstream Telecommunications Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BP in October 2014.

It was a good conversation. Basic star type questions. Tell me a time.... Like that. The technical part was really hard. But the interviewer explains everything softly and clearly. Overall a good experience

Refining Electrical Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BP.

I applied online through my university's job board, and in 2 weeks I was able to schedule an on campus interview. The interview consisted of situational questions and technical questions, focused on transformers. The technical questions were more focused on the thought process and not just the answer itself. After everything, he gave me a card for 5 free song downloads, as a token of appreciation in being interested in BP.

Interview Questions
    • With three phase transformers connected to a motor, what can you do to change the speed of the motor?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

There are 2 rounds: HR and Technical ones. HR will ask several questions about your personal life and interest. Direct hire mgr will ask questions to understand your experiences. They might go to universities for interns.

Process Engineer Interview

After you pass the CV screening you'll get link to do online test with limited time, after you pass the online test you'll get hr interview by phone, after you pass hr interview you'll be invited to do user interview, after you pass user interview the last is general test, MCU and offer.

Interview Questions
    • Need to know process description of Sales Gas and/or LNG   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at BP.

Many offers are given at college interviews or at the end of an internship. They will only talk to top 10% and Masters+ students. Hiring goals constantly change hence some offers get rescinded. Focus answers around actual achievements, being a team player, and passion for the business and learning. Research and a thesis that are industry related is major plus.

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked to give examples of something you proposed where you made a difference. It could be a better flow around tables in a restaurant, just something that shows action. There are proposed questions for an interviewer but it's up to him/her as to what to ask. Most ask how you handled a difficult boss or someone you worked with. BP doesn't like conflict and wants folk who can resolve issues not create them.   Answer Question
    You have the most leverage when accepting a new job, after that it's a statistical play. Be reasonable but if it's really important then ask. They might say OK.