BP

Updated 9 Dec 2014
Updated 9 Dec 2014

3.3

BP IST Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BP.

Applied via online site and had a campus interview. Interview was 90 minutes - 45 minutes behavioral/fit, 45 minutes of a non-technical case study. The questions were very repetitive and asked repeatedly with minimal changes in the wording. Case wasn't technical which made it hard to determine whether or not the answer was correct.

Interview Questions
    • You are given two projects to evaluate. One has a higher upfront cost but potential for greater earnings over time, while the other one is cheaper but is not expected to generate as much revenue. Which one do you undertake?   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Recently applied, now waiting for the results. The online application took a short while but it looks like a great position so worth it. I will let you know how I get on and any advice I can give! Expexted to get some feedback in the coming weeks.

IST Interview

Campus career services sent along my resume. Got an email requesting a phone interview. Hour long behavioral phone interview. Followed up for video interview, two on one, 45 minute behavioral, 45 minute technical. Called two weeks later to offer job. Relatively easy, friendly thoughout.

No negotiation

IST Interview

Dropped off my resume at the career fair, got an email and scheduled to interview. 2 on 1 90 min interview, 45 min behavioral and 45 min case.

Didn't like the process

Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BP.

Uses behavioral interviewing questions and techniques. You'd better be prepared because the hiring decision is made based on the points you make whilst answering the questions. It's subjective - yes, but that's the process. Suggest you brush up on the typical behavioral type questions you'll find on the web or in one of the popular interviewing books.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had to make a unpopular decision? What was the situation and what was the decision? How did you manage the team's reaction and convince them that it was the right thing to do?   View Answer
    Smooth and short

IST Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BP.

I applied through my campus career management center. I was chosen for an interview and then invited for dinner to talk to recruiters the day before the interview. There were two 45 minute parts to the interview. The first part of the interview just asked about my experiences (it was a lot of "tell me about a time" questions). The second part was the technical portion of the interview which was way easier than I expected. The process took 5 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you needed to adapt to a new situation to be successful.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BP.

I spoke with a recruiter at a Science and Engineering Career Fair and was offered an interview on campus that week. The interview had behavioral and technical questions, and the panel consisted of an experienced engineering manager and a young engineer. I received the offer by phone a week after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The technical question required some fundamental knowledge of fluid mechanics that was difficult to articulate well before at an early point in my major.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at BP.

Interview is half behavioral and half technical assessment. They will assess your academic record, previous experiences, and interview in the consideration. The time to respond takes a while, as the company waits until they have completed interviews for all possible candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Technical assessment includes mathematical calculations.   Answer Question

Commercial IST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at BP in November 2014.

Right after the psychometric tests, I was invited for first round telephone interviews which are competency based. I booked the session which was a month away for more preparation, then they said they'd get back to me in a month which makes the process even longer. They said it was just a conversation, but they do some SERIOUS interrogating - you have been warned. Not the easiest of applications if I must admit.

Process Engineer (12 Months Placement) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunbury, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunbury, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at BP in November 2014.

Applied online and was fast-tracked to the technical interview (as I have already done the competency based interview last year). Interviewer was really nice and helpful, especially when I struggled with some of the technical questions which I have not learned in class. The technical interview was divided into two scenarios. In each scenarios there will be many questions with regards to one topic. I believe I did well on the first scenario but failed at the second scenario. Nevertheless, it was a good interview experience as the interviewer was really friendly.