Bain & Company

Updated 21 Jan 2015

3.8

170 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

Campus Hiring Process, 3-4 rounds of interviews, no separate HR round, the interviews were pretty simple and basic, so no need to panic about the difficulty level, only need to be answer first, structured in your approach.

Other Interview Reviews for Bain & Company

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bain & Company.

applied through campus recruiting. they give a great presentation and sell you on their great culture right away. However it is clear in the first round interview you are judged much more on your case performance than behavioral. I have been told by peers who made it to the second round that there is a much more extensive behavioral component to the interview then, but i would suggest focusing heavily on case prep if you do make it to the first round.

Interview Questions
    • How many hot dogs are sold at NFL football games in a given year.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bain & Company.

Maths test, first round (1 market sizing and 1 case) and final round (2 cases and 1 written case). All 6 interviewers that I had were incredibly friendly and supportive, in contrast with the popular 'stress test' that I heard about. The cases themselves were very interesting, which were often based on real life client engagements. I had cases about renewable energy, oil & gas, retail, restaurants and sports club. From my experience with other firms, the cases at Bain require much more analytical rigour. I would recommend candidates practise drawing insights from graphs and charts.

Interview Questions
    • Time constraints with regards to the written case study   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate - I was very happy with the overall package. Many great events are lined up for offerees to convince us to join the team.

Associate Consultant Interview

2 case interview in the first round, 45 minutes each. Cases were not very difficult, some calculation, both were about some basic financial maths. First a brief self-introduction and then case. The whole process was very conversational and interviewers were friendly. The cases were printed on some paper so you need to somehow read the case which is a little bit different from other consulting firms.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bain & Company.

I applied through my school's on campus recruiting website and was notified of my interview a few days letter. I am not sure how it is at most schools, but at my university (Ivy), the only way to get a consulting interview, especially at a Big 3, is to apply through the school. I had two 20 minute case interviews, the last two minutes of which were dedicated to ask questions. No behavioral questions were asked. Interviewers were really only interested in if I could do the case well, which is standard for many of the top consulting groups.

Associate Consultant Interview

Resume submission, waited for two weeks, got a call to come into the office for the first interview, out of five total. The first interview began with why Bain? Why consulting? questions. The interviewer also asked if I had prepared for the case interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of insurance sells well in a certain age group? How to sell insurance to young people?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bain & Company.

Day 1 on campus, 2 case/behavioral interviews. Required to fill out office location but when put 50/50 for two cities was told to pick one. Turns out they only have you interview for your highest priority city.

Day 2 (next day when advanced to final rounds) in hotel near campus, 3 case/behavioral interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online – interviewed at Bain & Company in December 2014.

After a recruitment event I attended, I applied for the associate consultant position and was invited to the first interview. It was separated in two different interviews, each lasting 1h. Including 15-20 minutes of CV talk and then 40 minutes of Case interview. The consultant really tries to help you but you need to begin with a good structure and good hypothesis in order to be leading in the good direction.

Interview Questions
    • Take a look at the bigger picture, it has always been my problem so it might be easier for other candidates to achieve this.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bain & Company in December 2014.

Attended the company presentation event, where I got to know the Bain consultants over a casual dinner. All of them were really friendly and open to answer every possible question I had. These enjoyable interactions convinced me to apply online. I then scheduled a first round of interviews around six weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • It is important to maintain a clear overview of the key points of the issue in the case, and how every new piece of information you get from the interviewer affects each of these. This will allow you to give a precise and structured recommendation in the end.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Bain & Company.

submitted online application - then invited to interview - two interviews on one day- market sizing and business case by two different people- one associate consultant and one consultant

Interview Questions
    • profit/loss based and straight forward market sizing question   Answer Question