Bain & Company

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant

Interviewed at Bain & Company

Interview Details Campus Hiring Process, 3-4 rounds of interviews, no separate HR round, the interviews were pretty simple and basic, so no need to panic about the difficulty level, only need to be answer first, structured in your approach.

Interview Question – None I would say.   Answer Question

Junior Analyst Interview

Junior Analyst
New Delhi

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bain & Company in September 2013.

Interview Details there are 3 rounds to the process-please prepare guessestimate questions before going into the interview.
First is the general aptitude then there is a debate round and finally there is the interview.

Interview Question – what is the market size of the curtain industry in india   Answer Question

SharePoint Administrator Interview

SharePoint Administrator
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bain & Company in December 2012.

Interview Details Process was too lengthy. It took me around 1 month to complete the process. several rounds and all rounds were similar (almost) but I must say nice people, nice environment...

Interview Question – what made you to change the current job.   Answer Question

Knowledge Manager Interview

Knowledge Manager
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bain & Company in December 2013.

Interview Details Three to four rounds. Lot of grilling. But friendly people

Interview Question – Puzzles. Little tricky. You have to be analytically clever for them.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Role included more of data sanitizing job which is tedious.

Junior Information Analyst Interview

Junior Information Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview Details long process.. they try to get to knw you you welll.. lasted for 2 days.. took us out for lunch on both the days... extremely friendly

Interview Question – no technical questions as such.. they just try to knw you and ur mindset   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview Details I applied on-campus for the post of an analyst. The process involved screening of resume and cover letter, followed by various rounds of interviews.

Round 1: Elimination on the basis of resumes and cover letters. 30 short-listed out of 240 applicants. This was followed by a case-study workshop for the short-listed candidates.
Round 2: Written round: Critical reasoning and logical flow related questions. Non Eliminative round
Round 3: 1 or 2 interviews on revenue estimation, market sizing questions, along with a few resume related and HR questions. This was followed by elimination of majority of students. 6 short-listed out of 30.
Round 4: Case interview on market entry, profit levels, business turn-around situations. This can be followed by additional HR or Case interviews for one or more candidates. Job offers were extended to 4 candidates.

Interview Question – Some of the case situations presented to certain candidates involved hypothetical situations and extensive number crunching.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bain & Company

Interview Details the process was well structured and spread over 12 days. it was campus placement which began with resume and cover letter shortlisting.(22 selected out of 190) .next there was a written round non-eliminative,1 round of guesstimates (6 out of 22) and finally a case interview(2 out of 6).

Interview Question – Why do u want to join bain inspite of a good technical background?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Gurgaon, Haryana

I interviewed at Bain & Company in October 2012.

Interview Details First round was written sop round and resume. Major shortisting took place. 20 people shortlisted. Second round was a wri tten test divided into two sections. A. One word answers. B. Summarisation and prioritisation of slides to present company profile. Next two intervie rounds (Lots of cases and grilling).

Interview Question – Try estimate the revenue from sale of tickets at Olympics 2012.   Answer Question

New Delhi

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview Details Interviewed in New Delhi, India for Bain Capabiity Centre. The first round was a market sizing round.

Interview Question – How many dogs are kept as pets in India   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bain & Company in December 2011.

Interview Details I got the interview through Campus Recruitment. The selection was a 4 step process:

1. CV Submission and Shortlisting: They looked at a balance between academic prowess and extra curricular achievements, the cover letter should reflect the same.

Bain & Co. are extremely helpful throughout the process, they're eager to answer your questions and guide you. They even conducted case workshops and an interview guide.

2. Written Round: Data Interpretation (Reading graphs and assigning tags, etc. Mostly multiple choice) and arrangement of slides in a logical coherent order and writing out an executive summary.

3. 1:1 Interviews: Two interviews of guess estimations. The interviewers were nice, though one seemed kinda mean and disinterested.

4. Final Round: Panel Interview with 6 Senior Analysts, consisting of Case Interviews

Interview Questions

• Questions about assumptions or estimations that you make e.g : Are you completely sure this is the right way to calculate xx   View Answers (2)
  • I interned at an advertising agency before, so the interviewer asked me why I didn't want a career in advertising   Answer Question

Worked for Bain & Company? Contribute to the Community!