Bain & Company

Relevance Date Difficulty

Knowledge Manager Interview

Knowledge Manager
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bain & Company in December 2013.

Interview Details Three to four rounds. Lot of grilling. But friendly people

Interview Question – Puzzles. Little tricky. You have to be analytically clever for them.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Role included more of data sanitizing job which is tedious.

Junior Information Analyst Interview

Junior Information Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview Details long process.. they try to get to knw you you welll.. lasted for 2 days.. took us out for lunch on both the days... extremely friendly

Interview Question – no technical questions as such.. they just try to knw you and ur mindset   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview Details I applied on-campus for the post of an analyst. The process involved screening of resume and cover letter, followed by various rounds of interviews.

Round 1: Elimination on the basis of resumes and cover letters. 30 short-listed out of 240 applicants. This was followed by a case-study workshop for the short-listed candidates.
Round 2: Written round: Critical reasoning and logical flow related questions. Non Eliminative round
Round 3: 1 or 2 interviews on revenue estimation, market sizing questions, along with a few resume related and HR questions. This was followed by elimination of majority of students. 6 short-listed out of 30.
Round 4: Case interview on market entry, profit levels, business turn-around situations. This can be followed by additional HR or Case interviews for one or more candidates. Job offers were extended to 4 candidates.

Interview Question – Some of the case situations presented to certain candidates involved hypothetical situations and extensive number crunching.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bain & Company

Interview Details the process was well structured and spread over 12 days. it was campus placement which began with resume and cover letter shortlisting.(22 selected out of 190) .next there was a written round non-eliminative,1 round of guesstimates (6 out of 22) and finally a case interview(2 out of 6).

Interview Question – Why do u want to join bain inspite of a good technical background?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Gurgaon, Haryana

I interviewed at Bain & Company in October 2012.

Interview Details First round was written sop round and resume. Major shortisting took place. 20 people shortlisted. Second round was a wri tten test divided into two sections. A. One word answers. B. Summarisation and prioritisation of slides to present company profile. Next two intervie rounds (Lots of cases and grilling).

Interview Question – Try estimate the revenue from sale of tickets at Olympics 2012.   Answer Question

New Delhi

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview Details Interviewed in New Delhi, India for Bain Capabiity Centre. The first round was a market sizing round.

Interview Question – How many dogs are kept as pets in India   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bain & Company in December 2011.

Interview Details I got the interview through Campus Recruitment. The selection was a 4 step process:

1. CV Submission and Shortlisting: They looked at a balance between academic prowess and extra curricular achievements, the cover letter should reflect the same.

Bain & Co. are extremely helpful throughout the process, they're eager to answer your questions and guide you. They even conducted case workshops and an interview guide.

2. Written Round: Data Interpretation (Reading graphs and assigning tags, etc. Mostly multiple choice) and arrangement of slides in a logical coherent order and writing out an executive summary.

3. 1:1 Interviews: Two interviews of guess estimations. The interviewers were nice, though one seemed kinda mean and disinterested.

4. Final Round: Panel Interview with 6 Senior Analysts, consisting of Case Interviews

Interview Questions

• Questions about assumptions or estimations that you make e.g : Are you completely sure this is the right way to calculate xx   View Answers (2)
  • I interned at an advertising agency before, so the interviewer asked me why I didn't want a career in advertising   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bain & Company in April 2014.

Interview Details First round interview: 2 45-minute interviews back to back with 2 different interviewers. The first 10-15 minutes are spent discussing your CV and the rest of the time is devoted to the case.

My first interviewer provided me with very little information, it was up to me to structure my answer and ask for relevant information. The second interviewer gave a much more structured case and required me to use my business logic to evaluate what were the important aspects and what I thought the problems with the particular case were.

Interview Question – "If I were to ask your relatives about you, what would be the three weaknesses they'd say you have?"

There weren't any particularly difficult questions but the cases really require you to think about every aspect of the business to try to figure out where the problems originate from.
  Answer Question

Graduate Scheme - Analyst Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bain & Company in July 2012.

Interview Details I was interviewed by two partners at their London offices. Each started with an informal and personal chat about my background and career ambitions and concluded with a case study (usually related to a project the partner had been involved in). Each round was about 45 minutes. Both partners were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• The first first case study was related to the auctioning of the 3G licenses in the UK.   View Answer
  • The second case study was about a school textbook producer. I can't remember the specifics, but involved giving advice to the client's CEO about the firm's strategy.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Seoul (South Korea)

I applied online - interviewed at Bain & Company in February 2014.

Interview Details There are 2 rounds of interview for the spring internship position at Bain Korea. Both the first round and second round interviews were case interviews. First round case was to answer why a food processing company's revenue isn't performing well and the second round case was to guestimate sales of a local shop.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you? (Need to research the company before the interview to properly answer this question)   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bain & Company

Worked for Bain & Company? Contribute to the Community!

Bain & Company Videos

Bain & Company – Why Work for Us?

At Bain, we help the world's top leaders solve their toughest challenges. Our work fuels the growth of many industries and positively impacts countless lives. So we select only the most exceptional colleagues with an… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bain & Company interview questions and advice. All 315 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Bain & Company employees and interview candidates.