Baker Hughes Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.9

Graduate Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in July 2014.

I applied on the website through Online application, 2 months later telephonic interview, 6 months later hiring day process. The hiring day process varies depending on location I think. Don't lose hope and keep trying.

Interview Questions
    • while applying online, put all the relevant documents and make your cover letter a decent one. For telephonic interview, expect all kinds of behavioral questions with relevant examples. Even if you don't get call for few months, keep trying elsewhere. I got call for hiring day exactly after 6 months. and the hiring day is all on luck but be what you are because your each and every action is monitored   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Airoli
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Airoli

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in August 2013.

Talent Acquisition called and set up interview, then supply chain manager took a two hour long interview/ discussion

Interview Questions
    • What would you say if you were enrolled for a month long training to enhance your engineering understanding clearly?   Answer Question
    Negotiated quite a lot, if Baker needs you, they will put up with strong negotiatons.

Account Manager Interview

it was not very tough, it was average and took 2 months in the meantime i got another so i had to communicate to them that i got another offer then they made some haste in getting back with offer.

Interview Questions
    • most difficult situation where clients expectation could not be fulfilled as expected.   Answer Question
    did not negotiate

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Baker Hughes in July 2008.

Interview was very excellent. Was completely technical.

Interview Questions
    I didnt at all negotiated as i wanted to come back to mumbai at any cost. was ready to work at any salary just to stay in civilized city.

Drilling Fluids Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Agartala
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Agartala

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2008.

Interview was not very tough, Interviewer ask about the work culture where I worked previously.

There was no negotiation,they fixed them self the salary as per company policy

Geomechanics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in February 2011.

It was a technical interview followed by a HR interview. Technical round was not that difficult because I was a specialist in this field.

Interview Questions
    • How efficient you are with the software we use?   View Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2012.

First of all I'm really thankful to all my friends who posted their experiences on this blog.
    I applied online about two months back from now. Fortunately after repeated try i finally got a system generated mail from Bakerhughes.
    It was a confirmation mail asking me to schedule the telephonic round.
    keep in mind to take enough time in your hand to prepare yourself with there normal HR questions with as many examples as you can.
    Almost all the questions that can be asked to you are posted on this blog. So do your homework and be ready for the day.
    I fortunately cleared the telephonic round, it was a bit long(around 50 minutes) but was kinda interesting.

Initially she confirmed my academics details.
    Later asked me Six questions :
    Which is your Favorite subject and why?
    Why you want to join Baker?
    What do you know about Baker?
    Which other companies you applied.

Very next day I got a request to give Global English Test STEP+
    I got 8 out of 10.

Now waiting for my BHE(Baker Hughes Experience) call.

Interview Questions
    • Which is your Favorite subject and why?   Answer Question
    • Why you want to join Baker?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Baker?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about an experience where you used your technical skills to solve a problem?What you did? what did you learned from the experiences?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have to work with a difficult person in a team. What you did? what did you learned from the experiences?
      Which other companies you applied.
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

I started my hiring process with Baker Hughes at a career fair. Things went well with the employees there, and I was able to get an on campus interview a few days later after going to a Baker Hughes information session. The second round of interviews was a video interview. This interview consisted of answering prerecorded questions, it was NOT a live interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions for the internship were very standard, but answering to just a camera and not a live or even skyped audience was somewhat uncomfortalbe   View Answers (2)
    For the internship there was not much room for negotiation at all.

Wireline Operator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Odessa, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odessa, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in September 2014.

I applied through the corporate website. Initial contact from the company took approximately 3-4 weeks after online application submission. I then got call requesting a phone interview which took place immediately. This was very brief and basic. Basic job information. Basic questions verifying my information from the application was correct. The recruiter then scheduled a tentative F2F interview with the hiring supervisor and confirmed this appointment 2 days later.

F2F interview was very comfortable and relaxed. It was conducted by the direct supervisor of the position and the departmental manager. They told me I was overqualified for the position and under-qualified for the other positions they were seeking to fill. I demonstrated that, in that case, I'm the ideal candidate since I would progress quickly from the lower level position offered to the higher level positions they were seeking to fill. The atmosphere was conversational as opposed to interrogative and both men were very nice, friendly and honest.

No offer was made on-the-spot directly as it's this company's policy to funnel all offers through the HR department. However, they made it as clear as possible, ethically, that they wanted to extend an offer to me. I got the offer via HR 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected was when they told me I was overqualified. If you really want a position, you need to be able and prepared to counter all potential rebuttals or misgivings they may have about you being the right person for the job.   Answer Question
    Entry level position. No negotiation available.

Field Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in May 2014.

Went thought the BH experience. The first day they had dinner and a few activities. The second day was over 12 hours of group activities and other tests. Just be social.

I took the offer

Worked for Baker Hughes? Contribute to the Community!