Baker Hughes

Relevance Date Difficulty

Buyer Interview

Buyer
Airoli

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in August 2013.

Interview Details Talent Acquisition called and set up interview, then supply chain manager took a two hour long interview/ discussion

Interview Question – What would you say if you were enrolled for a month long training to enhance your engineering understanding clearly?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated quite a lot, if Baker needs you, they will put up with strong negotiatons.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

Interviewed at Baker Hughes

Interview Details it was not very tough, it was average and took 2 months in the meantime i got another so i had to communicate to them that i got another offer then they made some haste in getting back with offer.

Interview Question – most difficult situation where clients expectation could not be fulfilled as expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate

Field Engineer
Mumbai

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Baker Hughes in July 2008.

Interview Details Interview was very excellent. Was completely technical.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I didnt at all negotiated as i wanted to come back to mumbai at any cost. was ready to work at any salary just to stay in civilized city.

Drilling Fluids Engineer Interview

Agartala

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2008.

Interview Details Interview was not very tough, Interviewer ask about the work culture where I worked previously.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation,they fixed them self the salary as per company policy

Geomechanics Consultant Interview

Mumbai

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in February 2011.

Interview Details It was a technical interview followed by a HR interview. Technical round was not that difficult because I was a specialist in this field.

Interview Question – How efficient you are with the software we use?   View Answer

Mumbai

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2012.

Interview Details First of all I'm really thankful to all my friends who posted their experiences on this blog.
I applied online about two months back from now. Fortunately after repeated try i finally got a system generated mail from Bakerhughes.
It was a confirmation mail asking me to schedule the telephonic round.
keep in mind to take enough time in your hand to prepare yourself with there normal HR questions with as many examples as you can.
Almost all the questions that can be asked to you are posted on this blog. So do your homework and be ready for the day.
I fortunately cleared the telephonic round, it was a bit long(around 50 minutes) but was kinda interesting.

Initially she confirmed my academics details.
Later asked me Six questions :
Which is your Favorite subject and why?
Why you want to join Baker?
What do you know about Baker?
Which other companies you applied.

Very next day I got a request to give Global English Test STEP+
I got 8 out of 10.

Now waiting for my BHE(Baker Hughes Experience) call.

Interview Questions

• Which is your Favorite subject and why?   Answer Question
  • Why you want to join Baker?   Answer Question
  • What do you know about Baker?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about an experience where you used your technical skills to solve a problem?What you did? what did you learned from the experiences?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you have to work with a difficult person in a team. What you did? what did you learned from the experiences?
    Which other companies you applied.
      Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

Interview Details Phone interview, after which I had a face to face interview. Unfortunately, "Application Engineer" is a catch all bucket for a lot of different roles, so you had better just hope that your skill set matches up to an immediate need/demand, since you can't really tailor/predict what they want.

Interview Question – None. Pretty straightforward interview on experience and what I want to accomplish in the role.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation phase. Merely a request for a target salary.

Graduate Field Engineer Interview

Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in March 2014.

Interview Details Phone screen about a week before the BHE (are you eligible to work in U.S.? why do you want to work at Baker Hughes?). BHE is pretty much exactly like others have described. You give your product line and geographic preferences at the very end and it seems that that's how they eliminate people.

The only difference was they gave us an offer or not on the second day. We all waited outside a room and one by one they told us yes or no. They'll tell you they'll get back to you in a week but don't or that they'll keep your resume. They lie to your faces saying they are interviewing for all product lines and locations based on availability and where they think you'd fit but really are only hiring for the locations and product lines that they have hiring managers for there.

If you're looking for a good field job, this is it. Just be open to go into the product lines and locations that the hiring managers are from. Be personable, ask relevant questions. And for the part assemblies, the pieces are numbered. Just follow the instructions. Mayan test is fairly easy. Just know how it works and use lines instead of blocks to save time when converting between mayan and arabic (normal 1,2,3..). The quiz after the info session on the first day does not matter.

Interview Question – Rate how you think you're doing during the interview on a scale of 1-10. Who was the leader in your group (from the final presentation where you sell Baker Hughes to college students)?   View Answer

Lisbon (Portugal)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in March 2014.

Interview Details I got in contact with Baker Hughes through a recruitment event, where they invited me to an interview.
The HR was very kind and nice and she gave me enough time to answer, my english needs some practice and i was very nervous.
First part of the interview were some generic questions about knowing or having any family member working in the company, my availability to work offshore and other languages i might speak.
On the second part of the interview she asked me what a field engineer does, what i knew about, and why i wanted, to work on Baker Hughes. They asked me to describe a situation where:
i was successful;
 i used my leadership skills;
the most difficult situation i had and how i managed it;
i used my technical skills to solve a problem.
In the end of the interview she invited me to join the baker hughes experience, which i accepted and am still in process to attend it.
After a week or so, they sent me an e-mail with the details to do the english assessment test.

Interview Question – The questions were basically the same as the other reviews, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in December 2013.

Interview Details Great experience with Baker Hughes.
I applied online at Baker Hughes Career Opportunities for Graduates in October 2013. Two months later (December), I had the phone interview. I also did the Global English Test which I passed. Talent Acquisition team came back to me three months later (last week) with an invitation to Baker Hughes Experience. I am actually preparing to travel and attend the experience. Hopefully I do well and come up with the offer.

Interview Question – How did to handle the difficulty of a technical problem occurred in your experience?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Baker Hughes

Worked for Baker Hughes? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Baker Hughes interview questions and advice. All 476 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Baker Hughes employees and interview candidates.