Baker Hughes Interview Questions

Updated 25 Sep 2014

2.9

Graduate Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in July 2014.

I applied on the website through Online application, 2 months later telephonic interview, 6 months later hiring day process. The hiring day process varies depending on location I think. Don't lose hope and keep trying.

Interview Questions
    • while applying online, put all the relevant documents and make your cover letter a decent one. For telephonic interview, expect all kinds of behavioral questions with relevant examples. Even if you don't get call for few months, keep trying elsewhere. I got call for hiring day exactly after 6 months. and the hiring day is all on luck but be what you are because your each and every action is monitored   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Airoli
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Airoli

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in August 2013.

Talent Acquisition called and set up interview, then supply chain manager took a two hour long interview/ discussion

Interview Questions
    • What would you say if you were enrolled for a month long training to enhance your engineering understanding clearly?   Answer Question
    Negotiated quite a lot, if Baker needs you, they will put up with strong negotiatons.

Account Manager Interview

it was not very tough, it was average and took 2 months in the meantime i got another so i had to communicate to them that i got another offer then they made some haste in getting back with offer.

Interview Questions
    • most difficult situation where clients expectation could not be fulfilled as expected.   Answer Question
    did not negotiate

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Baker Hughes in April 2012.

First of all I'm really thankful to all my friends who posted their experiences on this blog.
    I applied online about two months back from now. Fortunately after repeated try i finally got a system generated mail from Bakerhughes.
    It was a confirmation mail asking me to schedule the telephonic round.
    keep in mind to take enough time in your hand to prepare yourself with there normal HR questions with as many examples as you can.
    Almost all the questions that can be asked to you are posted on this blog. So do your homework and be ready for the day.
    I fortunately cleared the telephonic round, it was a bit long(around 50 minutes) but was kinda interesting.

Initially she confirmed my academics details.
    Later asked me Six questions :
    Which is your Favorite subject and why?
    Why you want to join Baker?
    What do you know about Baker?
    Which other companies you applied.

Very next day I got a request to give Global English Test STEP+
    I got 8 out of 10.

Now waiting for my BHE(Baker Hughes Experience) call.

Interview Questions
    • Which is your Favorite subject and why?   Answer Question
    • Why you want to join Baker?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Baker?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about an experience where you used your technical skills to solve a problem?What you did? what did you learned from the experiences?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have to work with a difficult person in a team. What you did? what did you learned from the experiences?
      Which other companies you applied.
        Answer Question

Geomechanics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes in February 2011.

It was a technical interview followed by a HR interview. Technical round was not that difficult because I was a specialist in this field.

Interview Questions
    • How efficient you are with the software we use?   View Answer

Drilling Fluids Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Agartala
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Agartala

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Baker Hughes in October 2008.

Interview was not very tough, Interviewer ask about the work culture where I worked previously.

There was no negotiation,they fixed them self the salary as per company policy

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Baker Hughes in July 2008.

Interview was very excellent. Was completely technical.

Interview Questions
    I didnt at all negotiated as i wanted to come back to mumbai at any cost. was ready to work at any salary just to stay in civilized city.

Wireline Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

2 day interview including, the main interview (10 interviewers at once), logic and numeracy tests and presentation. Quite friendly interviewers and very accommodating. The 2 days also include a walk around their base to see what they do as most people who applied (including me) did know much if anything about wireline. Interview organisers try to provide a relaxed atmosphere by including making paper aeroplanes and other silly games in the tasks.

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

I applied through University Recruiting and was requested for an On-Campus Interview. The interview was very straight-forward and was conducted by an HR-department employee. Questions focusing on my what was written on my resume. Some were behavioral-type questions. I was notified that I would be going on to a second stage interview in Houston, but never actually received the invitation. I later contacted HR and was informed that I would remain on-file.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Baker Hughes.

I started my hiring process with Baker Hughes at a career fair. Things went well with the employees there, and I was able to get an on campus interview a few days later after going to a Baker Hughes information session. The second round of interviews was a video interview. This interview consisted of answering prerecorded questions, it was NOT a live interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions for the internship were very standard, but answering to just a camera and not a live or even skyped audience was somewhat uncomfortalbe   View Answers (2)
    For the internship there was not much room for negotiation at all.

Worked for Baker Hughes? Contribute to the Community!