Banana Republic

Updated 3 Mar 2015
Updated 3 Mar 2015

2.2

Sales Interview

Applied online and went in for interview, dressed up business professional, talked about my background, and duties of position. It was a relaxed atmosphere and the HR manager was very friendly.

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic.

The process was super easy since it was a new store opening. I applied online, then I got an email telling me to call to schedule an interview. I had no idea it was a group interview but it made it more comfortable. they asked us a few questions and we answered one by one.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What would you bring to banana republic?
      2. Why should we hire you?
      3. Tell me about your passed work experience?
      4. How would you handle an angry customer?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic in February 2015.

It was super friendly. I had a preliminary interview with the person I assume to be the assistant manager, and then had a very nice casual interview with the hiring manager. Nothing about it made me feel pressured or unwelcome. It was one on one, and I was hired there on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What do you bring to the store?
      What gives you joy?
      What do you hope to get out of your experience working here?

Answer Question

Brand Ambassador Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic.

Mine was a 1 v. 1 interview. Typical corporate, retail interview questions. Lasts about 30 minutes. In my area they are so desperate for people that it does not take much to get hired.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    It is retail, so none.

Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Applied online. Received an email to RSVP interview within a week. Group interview was informal. Management was very friendly. Received an offer within a week. Good experience overall.

None

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Group interview, very easy and asked some questions about my background. The interviewer was very nice and courteous to all the people in the interview. The process was very short and simple and to the point. They described the entire process over the phone and that's exactly how it went.

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic.

Went in for a one on one interview.
    I absolutely hated it from the time I walked in the people working were so uptight.
    The manager seemed like she was in a rush she was just asking question after question, she barely smiled and just seemed so cold.
    Asked me to sell her a credit card afree learning the benefits.
    Took me out on the men's sales floor to different sections and asked me to tell her what they were and too sell. Which being a 20 yr old girl working for female retail I didn't know much about.
    All in all the interview seemed like more of an interagation and she seemed too scold me if I didn't answer correctly.
    I don't really care if I get a call back because I want to enjoy what I do and all of them seemed miserable.

Interview Questions
    • What are the top 5 key peices to a men's closet.   View Answer
    • What would your manager say about you if I called?   View Answer
    • Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   View Answer

I did not want to work at a place that everyone seemed miserable and the boss so rigid.

Inventory Planning Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic.

They want details on how you got to the your answers. Really big on process questions. Give examples on how you made and impact thru your analysis. And again, detailed answers.

Interview Questions
    • Efficiency improvements and troubleshooting capability examples from your current or previous roles.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

It was a job fair hiring event. We met the Store Manager at check in then he put in different groups of 4 - 5 each with 2 other employees as interviewers. They didn't ask anything challenging at all. Very simple interview all you had to do was be well dressed, and well spoken, no cultural, race, or body type discrimination.

Stock Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Easy. Went to a table in the mall to chat with the manager. Asked very typical interview questions. Mostly asked about prior experience I had working in retail during the holiday seasons.

Interview Questions
    • Very typical interview questions. Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    Was none.