Banana Republic Interview Questions

Updated 17 Oct 2014
Updated 17 Oct 2014

2.2

Store Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Easy group interview with manager Julie Arellano, very friendly lady. There were 4 others . Asked easy questions about experience. And we were asked to put together an outfit. It was fun.

Interview Questions
    • Be willing to give the answers they want to hear. Do not seem uninterested   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic.

I walked in my very first time into a Banana Republic and was greeted by one of the managers. I asked if they were hiring and she gave me a piece of paper on how to apply. I got an email like a day or two later asking if i was would like to come by on Monday for an interview. Once Monday rolled around and I was waiting for the interview to start we were told to look around the store (We had to wait for everyone to get there.) We then went down stairs and sat at a table. There was 3 others plus myself in the group interview. The manager didn't bring any paperwork to write down and the interview was very informal and more like a group conversation. I was not expecting that at all and it was very laid back and it didn't make me nervous. I then got a call a day or two later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you keep up with the latest fashion and trends?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic in October 2014.

Very friendly and relaxed interview. Group interview with two other candidates. Manager discussed the company values and the store itself. Was asked to talk about myself and asked "Why Banana Republoc?"

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for salary which is kind of upsetting considering the offer is pretty low. Beggars can't be choosers though.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic.

The entire application/interview process took one week. I applied online; however, since Banana Republic, and any Gap store for that matter, gets so many applications; the trick is to ALSO hand in your resume and cover letter to the manager in store a couple days later, because that's when I scheduled an interview. (If not for that, I don't think I would've been contacted any time soon. Also try to go in when the store isn't busy). I scheduled my interview for a few days later, and when I went in I found it was a 1:1 interview. The manager was incredibly nice and asked me some basic questions. He then had me do a floor activity where I had to put an outfit together that easily transitions from work to a night out into town. I gathered the garments together, making sure it was something I'd actually see in a BR catalog. (Do your research beforehand)! He then told me he'd offer $9.25 an hour and we discussed my availability. Right after he offered me the job and asked if I would accept. I thought it would take longer to review my interview and resume, so I was surprised that he offered so quickly. I'm excited to start work!

Interview Questions
    • -Describe a time where you provided excellent customer service.
      -What was on experience in which you had to influence one of your peers.
        View Answer
    I didn't negotiate the price, because this would be my first job and $9.25 is a great rate already. If you had prior retail experience, you could definitely negotiate.

Brand Ambassador Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic.

I was contacted by the General Manager and we scheduled an interview for two weeks from our phone conversation. I showed up and everyone working was very friendly. The General Manager and I walked to a Starbucks nearby, where we sat down at a table and had a very comfortable but still formal interview. I was very impressed by her demeanor, which was very charismatic but professional. She asked me pretty well-expected interview questions for about 30 minutes and then said that they were very interested in hiring me. She told me they would have to run a background check on me but as soon as that was clear, they would call me in for orientation. She contacted me a few days later with the okay and I began orientation that week!

Interview Questions
    • What do you think of when you think about Banana Republic?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Banana Republic.

Went to a job fair and handed in my resume. Everyone was given an on-the-spot interview which was fairly easy. The managers were very kind and welcoming. I was interviewed by the GM and was then passed onto the next GM. They asked typical questions like "Tell me about yourself", "Why do you wanna work here", "What traits do you have that make you the best candidate" and so on. The interview took about 10-15 minutes. The next day the GM called me to tell me that I got the job.

Banana Republic, Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Banana Republic in September 2014.

I applied online and got a phone call two weeks later asking to schedule a group interview. Many time slots at the location I was applying at but the interview would take place at a mall not the town center where I applied.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Banana Republic in September 2014.

Process did not take that long. I applied online, got a call the next day. Went in for an interview the same day they called me, and the next day they called me back and offered me a position. I even had my orientation the same day, and the next day I was training. So far I like it, if they really serious the hiring process is fast. Which is good if you need a job and quick and dont want to wait weeks for an answer.

Interview Questions
    They are really good with negotiation, but it also depends on your experience. I asked them for $10 (have worked at 2 macys, a kohls, and at davids bridal) and when they offered me a job it was for $10 hr.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Banana Republic in September 2014.

I applied online. Two days later I got a call to schedule an interview. A few days later I had two interviews. Dressed professionally, but kept in mind Banana Republic's style. Interviews were one on one with basic interview questions and lasted around 30 minutes each. Two days after that, I got a call with an offer.

Back of the House/Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Banana Republic in September 2014.

Questions asked : What does customer service mean to you? When was their a time when you had to negate a heated situation? What can you bring to banana republic? Why do you wanna work here? What is your availability? Also, ask questions at the end of the interview.

The screening was easy, they asked to interview me right after the group screening. The interview after the screening was one on one.

Interview Questions
    • Was there a time when you and an employee/manager disagreed with something and you had to voice your opinion?   View Answer
    They had an offer and that offer was final