Banana Republic Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2014

2.2

171 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Banana Republic in September 2014.

Applying online for Sales Associate Position 9/5. Received a call on 9/8 asking if I could come in for a group interview on 9/12 but I was out of town and couldn't make It. Was told I'd be called back 9/12 after group interviews to set up either a one on one or group interview. Was called 9/12 at 7pm to schedule interview for Sunday 9/14. Interview went awesome! Was told I'd hear from hiring manager by 9/15 by 5pm. Received a call at 3pm with job offer for 13.25 (I told them my expected salary was 13). The entire process was simple, quick, and everyone has been very nice so far. Was asked to come in 9/16 for Orientation, but I couldn't make it. So I will be attending orientation 9/24 and starting training the following day and will begin work on the following Monday. Very applicable and relevant questions were asked: Where do you see yourself in 3 years? What does customer service mean to you? Describe to me a time where you had to go above and beyond in a difficult situation in order to achieve amazing customer service. Where does your personal style come from? How do you keep up with fashion trends?

Interview Questions
  • Where does your personal style come from?   View Answer
I was asked what my expected salary was in the interview and I said 13/hr but that I was possibly open for some flexibility. When I received the call and was extended a job offer, I was told that the usual starting pay was 10.50, but because of my experience and my eagerness to move up quickly with the company, they extended a 13.25/ hr offer to me.

Other Interview Reviews for Banana Republic

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Banana Republic in September 2011.

Only had one interview. I applied online and a few days later I recieved a call from the hiring manager at the time. Went in for an interview, and it lasted for about half an hour. Hiring manager said she would make up her mind by the beginning of the following week, but it took about a week and a half/2 weeks for her to get back to me, and she offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond in the workplace   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Banana Republic.

Went to a job fair and handed in my resume. Everyone was given an on-the-spot interview which was fairly easy. The managers were very kind and welcoming. I was interviewed by the GM and was then passed onto the next GM. They asked typical questions like "Tell me about yourself", "Why do you wanna work here", "What traits do you have that make you the best candidate" and so on. The interview took about 10-15 minutes. The next day the GM called me to tell me that I got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aurora, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Banana Republic in August 2014.

I applied online and got a call back in about 2 weeks. Had a very laid back, one-on-one interview with one of the managers who was super friendly and fun to talk to. The interview lasted about half an hour. Then I had to do an activity where I was on the floor and had to put together an outfit for a pretend customer. It was nothing to worry about, just a simple exercise to see how well you can interact with customers. I got a call back and was offered the position about 4 days after my interview.

Non-negotiable.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and got an interview within a week after applying. I thought the interview process would've been one on one. It wasn't. It was a group interview, and one almost had to be aggressive to get noticed. I received an offer less than a week after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are the main expectations of the store?   View Answer
    There is no room for negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Banana Republic in May 2014.

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks to get a call back from the hiring manager. There were two interviews with two different managers who asked your run of the mill questions - both situational and behavioral. I got a phone call a week later with an offer. From there, it took another 2 weeks to go through training before I could work on the sales floor. Don't worry, you will get paid for training.

The manager asked about my salary requirement. I said $13/hr. She said that the best she could offer me was $9.50 due to declines in revenue from the last few years. I accepted out of desperation. I was making more 10 years ago at my first retail job...

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Banana Republic in June 2014.

This was one of the most disorganized interview processes I've ever been through. I applied online and got a call 2 or 3 days later asking for me to come in for an interview, which I did. It went well, was quite easy, and the interviewer seemed to hint that all that was left for me to be hired was logistical stuff, and that he would contact me in a few days to set up training. 2 weeks later, I hadn't heard anything so I called him and asked. He gave some excuse about management, and said he still wanted to move forward, he'd call me in a few days. Another 3 weeks- nothing. Finally, over a month after I'd originally applied, he offered me the job and said he wanted me to come in for an orientation the next day, which I couldn't make on such short notice, so he said he'd call back the next week with a different orientation time. That was almost a month ago, I never heard back. At that point, I gave up. If they were this disorganized, it wasn't somewhere I wanted to work.

Interview Questions

The process was incredibly disorganized and handled unprofessionally.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Wales, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Wales, PA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Banana Republic in November 2010.

Great interview. They were very informative about what the job would require and about benefits and a salary. I got a call later that day telling me I could start right away:)

Not very negotiable.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Banana Republic in March 2013.

The interview was okay, straight forward and to the point. I came in, they asked me some questions and then talked to me about the company. A lot of the interview was the interviewer explaining the differences between BR and other retail companies. Overall, the interview process was relatively painless.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Banana Republic in May 2012.

Interview with hiring manager and general manager. Offered job within 2 weeks. They asked questions such as a time where you received both good and bad customer service. They wanted to know how you would have handled the bad situation differently.

Interview Questions

Worked for Banana Republic? Contribute to the Community!