Bank of America

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Interview Details The actual hiring and recruiting is quite long and thorough, which was fine because I held another employment during this initial phase. But once the recruiter phoned me for a phone interview, and eventually a face to face interview, things went very quickly.

Interview Question – What is your best quality in life?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bank of America

Interview Details Contacted by the recruiter whom provides you with an assessment to take online then interview with a market manager.

Interview Question – None are really difficult, ensure that you inform them that the amount of work they may attempt to intimidate you with you can handle.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will attempt to low ball you stay persistent if they want you they will pay you what you want.

Branch Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details Phone interview (2), which led to 3 different online test. Did well on the tests, and was called for a face to face.

Interview Question – Standard questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Valdosta, GA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Bank of America in December 2009.

Interview Details Fantastic. Same basic questions as all Management positions. Professionalism unparrellel

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy. Gave me exactly what I asked for the first time.

Branch Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details First they send me a leadership online assessment then after I passed it, they sent me a coaching assessment.then they schedule interview.

Interview Question – The most difficult question about how to manage people   View Answer

Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in April 2012.

Interview Details Applied online, a week later I was sent a personality assesment. After another week, I received an e-mail from a recruiter saying I passed the first assessmet and I needed to take the 2nd assessment, which was a video simulation. There are 5 senerios. I took the test a year ago and didn't pass. This time I passed. I have no idea what the answers are or what they were looking for. After another week I just received a phone call from a recruiter and we just casualy talked. She did ask why I left my other job. She then set up a phone interview for tomorrow with another recruiter. She said it would take about an hour. This is all I can report...

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question

Branch Manager

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in August 2010.

Interview Details Telephone screening followed up by an online personality test followed up by another phone interview. Then another online assessment test to guage customer service and managerial tactics and beliefs. Background check to follow.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your management style?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a problem within your branch? And how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in March 2009.

Interview Details recruiter(s) were both very friendly and professional. first recruiter just confirmed what I was applying for. Next recruiter emailed an application of which you must have everything exactly correct (dates, position titles bought /sold homes from 10 years ago) or system will automatically throw your app out and you cannot apply again for nine months. (a little extreme)

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – salary package was about the same compensation in CA as in TX....with the cost of living in CA so high...was not worth it.

Branch Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2009.

Interview Details She interviewed me on the phone and decided I was a good candidate, and then had me take a personality test. Evidently I failed it, because I never heard from her again. My understanding is that the next step would have been a face-to-face interview. In my job, I am glad we do not use such things as personality tests. They too often don't take into account that sometimes what is needed is a fresh perspective. But B of A is huge, and as with most animals, it has gotten too big in order to sustain its own mass. I hope somebody truly intelligent up there reads this and realizes that making a personality test a PART of the process is a good idea, but making it the end-all, be-all is a very, very BAD idea.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America Branch Manager interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees and interview candidates.