Bank of America Interview Questions

2,686 Interview Reviews

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America (Hyderābād) in April 2015.

Interview

IT was good not very organized though.The recruiter were not not very sure of the requirement.
    The questions put were good and required thinking.It tested the basic knowledge of coding.
    Someone who is able to write a program will succeed in the interview for sure

Analyst1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bank of America (Hyderābād).

Interview

Interview was a total of 5 rounds -
    3 Technical in OOP concepts, 1 HR and 1 telephonic round with VP on the Projects worked.

I went through a consultancy and cleared all the rounds. After the telephonic round with VP, they said I am selected and negotiated the compensation package. The HR finally came up with a compensation and said she will be sending that for approval to release offer letter. Later I did not receive any call from them and when I called back she mentioned that the approval wasn't successful and they cannot proceed with the offer.
    I did not expect this from a company like BOA, atleast they should have called me and informed me a compensation package that they can offer and which gets approved. They don't even have a courtesy to inform and bluntly mentioned in the last minute that offer cannot be approved. I don't recommend this company to any of my friends.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bank of America (Mumbai) in February 2015.

Interview

Shortlisting and 2 rounds of technical interview. they did shortlisting from resumes and internship.1st technical interview was tough and asked deep financials of CFA level. Be prepared on any question on valuations and corporate finance and M&A.

Interview Questions

• Valuation related questions , financial ratios and their importance   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bank of America (Gurgaon, Haryana) in February 2015.

Interview

i went through a referral and that was a big help . i had to go through 4 rounds. first round was with HR , second was telephonic interview with manager , third round was aptitude and written test and the final round was ops round. I had to wait for long time before every round , HR was helpful but slow.

Interview Questions

• initially simple questions like tell me about yourself,strenghts,weakness,are you comfortable with night shift and all . Aptitude test was also quite easy .final round was technical round and it was all about subject matter .   1 Answer

Assistant Manager - Global Information Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Gurgaon, Haryana) in February 2015.

Interview

Process to hire was very streamlined, initial discussion with HR regarding job role and whether it matches the candidate experience and qualifications. Once through, first round was with Indian manager on site in gurgaon office. .post clearance LOB head takes next round on phone from US..
    It takes a lot of time from first communication by HR to the release of offer letter..approvals process takes this much time which makes it a very rigid mechanism to hiring process!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Industry standards are being followed..However if you are good to hire resource, they can match your expectations...

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview

It was a phone interview and it went good. The questions are on my projects and the technology i have worked on.
    On shore people has asked me several functional and technical questions and i have satisfied them with all there questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vellore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bank of America (Vellore) in January 2015.

Interview

i applied through university, process took 2 days, first round was an online aptitude test followed by one technical interview and one hr . The whole process was very poorly managed, people got rejected in technical interviews on day 1 was called again on day 2 and then rejected again, some people got letters to sign on day1 but on day2 it was cancelled.Overall it was one of the most mismanaged process by any company in our university. The main confusion which still persists is that no one have no idea on what basis their offers are declined on day2 and why offers were made to conduct 4-5 rounds of interview for certain few candidates.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bank of America (Mumbai) in December 2014.

Interview

First Aptitude test was there then after which interview started. Aptitude test was quite easy, having sections like quant, verbal and logical. It also consists of the technical questions on C/C++. It was of 1 hr 30 min. After this there was interview for shortlisted students. Interview started in next day. The test results of each individual was along with them. They were even reviewing them and accordingly questions came for me.

Interview Questions

• Questions were basically resume based projects related. They ask some program code of your project, or just pseudo code.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America (Mumbai) in December 2014.

Interview

2-3 rounds of technical interview.... was called for financial analyst profile... Didn't like the firm.... Bad experience

Read so many reviews of BoA that interviewers where friendly... yes they were but the reviews they gave were just worse than how interview went.

So just make sure ... you make them happy... if you want job.... :)

Interview Questions

• Actually nothing was difficult, but i was not prepared well

Questions were
      A acquires B in 100%, 49%, 90% .... How would you account
      Depreciation of 100 .... effect on 3 financial statements
      Which valuation gives maximum value and why
      Controlling Premium

they were playing games on my resume, laughing and sometimes not even listening answer..

I don't understand... why people do time pass

Answer Question

Senior Technical Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kharagpur, West Bengal

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bank of America (Kharagpur, West Bengal) in December 2014.

Interview

I was hired directly from my campus. We had to clear a test of quant, a little bit of coding and English. Not much technical questions were asked, couple of puzzles, simple for loop questions that's all

Interview Questions

• For loop based questions, few sorting algorithms questions   1 Answer