Bank of America

Updated 17 Jan 2015

2.8

176 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Thy ar fairly quick about reaching out to set up interviews. First they will do a phone interview with the recruiter to determine of you meet the basic qualifications. If you do, then they'll send you to a group panel interview with area managers as well as branch manager (usually 4-5 total). This panel interview is where you need to make yourself stand out. Share your successes, how you've exceeded expectations and your general business acumen. They are looking for strong sales people, banking experience helps, but as long as you can sell, they will teach you the banking part. Also I've prepared to ask them questions because that always helps. After the panel interview you may go to individual branch managers for one on one interview before an offer is made. The recruiter will call you and let you know.

Interview Questions
  • How do you plan to be successful in the event you aren't given goals?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bank of America

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Unpredictable and Unorganized interview process. The recruiters are calling from different states and are often not well coordinated with the local management you are interviewing with. The management is not concerned about the time you took out of your schedule for the interview and will often keep you waiting for up to a half an hour when you show up on time.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation it was a take it or leave it proposition

Personal Banker Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Great process i was an internal higher and it took about a month and a half and everyone was very friendly and upfront .. just prepare yourself and do your research

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America in January 2015.

Qualifying applicants are asked to complete a personal assessment which takes about an hour. If you do well you will be contacted via telephone by a recruiter for a 10 minute on the spot phone interview. The recruiter asks questions regarding previous work history, relevant skills, and finally why you want to work for BOA. Next you will have a more detailed phone interview with a senior level recruiter who previously worked as a Personal Banker. Once completed you will receive an email to schedule an in-person interview with a Financial Manager at another branch. They will most likely be interviewing several applicants so be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think will be most difficult about being a Personal Banker?   View Answer

Personal Banker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Called the market leader and was brought in for an interview the next week. Did a quick Q&A, role-play, and talked about my resume. Nothing was outrageously difficult, but just make sure to emphasize that you really want the job and that you are driven by a career in sales. A few days later, I had a phone interview with the sales leader, which was basically the same thing, but over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to work on a team and succeeded in obtaining goals together.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bank of America.

Four rounds of interviews. Phone, Branch Manger, Local Manager, and District Manager. If you passed phone interview, recruiter will appoint you to branch manager. And, branch manager will refer you to local manager. You have to pass all interviews to get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Not too much. They just asked some sales questions.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Personal Banker Interview

I went through 3 interviews with different levels of managers and recruiter all sessions went over the phone and I followed up with everyone. I specifically expressed I am pursuing an MBA program on campus attending classes on Saturdays. The 2 first recruiters disregarded my limitations and stated that wasn't a problem. When I finished the 3rd round I explained again my Saturdays limitations, then the last interviewed said right away I could not continue with the hiring process because of that situation ?

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

2 managers asked question. first person asked more work related questions all typical as in why i want to work for them and so on. the second person was more personal questions about what i like to do on my off time and if i volunteer

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

First after taking the assessment test they set up a phone Interview with the recruiter and if they think your a good fit you will get an 1 on 1 interview with Branch Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Here sell this to me. It can be anything like a notepad or whatever is around and you have to explain benefits.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Bank of America.

Took the assessment test after applying online. That assessment test is pretty detailed and somewhat intense. It will take the 60 to 90 mins they declare it will take. Recommend to take it with no interruptions.