Bank of America
3.2 of 5 5,436 reviews
www.bankofamerica.com Charlotte, NC 5000+ Employees

Bank of America Technology Developer and Analyst Program Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Oct 30, 2013

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technology Developer and Analyst Program Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2013.

Interview Details 1) Applied Online
2) Received email with a link to scheduling my first (behavioral + technical) interview for 30 minutes.
3) Received email about rejection

Experience: I never expected an interview with a company like Bank of America, to be like this. It was just like a rapid-fire round. Interviewer was firing questions at me without even listening to my answers. It seemed like they were not interested in taking the interview.
Two people were taking the interview and they were giggling from back which is so disrespectful.
They were throwing 'too' genera questions and were going too deep into technical stuff as well (which obviously they were not interested in hearing the answers).I asked them few questions about the position, to which they replied 'ask these question from the recruiter, we don't know answer to them'. I was like what... are you kidding me (?)

Interview Question – Whole interview was an unexpected and a bad experience   View Answer

New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2013.

Interview Details I apply for the summer internship of BOA and then I recieve a phone interview first, the phone interview is mainly discussing my projects and experience. Several days later, an email is sent to inform me to attend the final round in NY. In the final Round, I am interviewed by 4 people in 4 different time period. Most of the questions are about java, gabbage collection and something like that. There are also brain teasers, mine is using three timeglass which counts 3, 5 and 7 minunts to time 9 minunts, and no one timeglass can be used consecutively.

Interview Question – Swap two numbers while not using the temp variable.   View Answers (2)

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2012.

Interview Details I applied to BOA through their website and was selected for the 1st round of interviews.
First Round: It was a phone interview with some hiring manager. He asked me only behavioral questions like "Tell me a situation where etc etc etc".
They gave out the result for the 1st round in a week and invited me to the onsite interview in NYC.
Second Round: They made hotel accomodations for 1 day in NYC. All expenses were re-imbused. On the previous day of the interview, they arranged a reception where in we can speak to the interviewers, interact with them. We can also interact with other interviewees. At the end of the reception, they distributed a folder to everyone. The folder contained information on the schedule for the interview day. Some candidates were assigned a morning slot for the interview while some were assigned an afternoon slot. The folder contained a sheet which mentioned my interview timings and interviewer names. Some people had 2 interviews while some had 3. I had 2 interviews. The number of interviews a person should undergo is totally determined by BoA and we dont know on what basis they decide it.
On the day of the interview, they provided lunch. During the lunch the had an executive speaker speak about BoA and some other stuff. Here are my details about the 2 interviews
Interviewer 1:
- Tell me about your projects. Asked some details about the projects
- What is the difference between relational db's and OO db's
- What is normalization
- What is the difference between new and malloc
- What is the difference between new in C++ and new in Java
- How do u deallocate the memory allocated by new in C++ and in Java
- When do we use new and when do we use malloc
- Will you be staying in US forever?

Interviewer 2:
- Why BoA?
- What contribution do u think u can make to BoA?
- Difference between equity and debt
- Difference between app server and web server
- Details about project
- If there is a web based trading application and it is firing a query from database which fetches TB's of data and executing the query takes a very very very very long time. How will you troubleshoot this problem?
- Disadvantages of using indexes

Interview Question – If there is a web based trading application and it is firing a query from database which fetches TB's of data and executing the query takes a very very very very long time. How will you troubleshoot this problem?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!

Bank of America Videos

Bank of America – Why Work for Us?

At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bank of America Technology Developer and Analyst Program interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bank of America employees and interview candidates.