Bank of America

Average Difficulty
282 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

Interview Details I had a long experience so I hope this helps someone!
I was originally contacted for a phone interview mid-May and during the phone interview I was scheduled for an interview with the banking center manager. I attended my interview no more than 3 days later and it was a typical one on one interview. She asked me a few questions, Tell me about yourself, Tell me about a situation where you fixed a problem for a customer, customer service questions. A few days later I was contacted by the background screening investigator but I missed the call on that Friday. I never returned the call because I was busy at work. The very next day I received an email saying I didn't get the job. The next Monday I got an email from my recruiter asking me to interview at a different location. I set that interview and finally spoke to the investigator and she said sometimes the recruiters pressure them to get them done quickly. All they needed was to confirm a year I started a previous job because I put in the wrong year.
So I interview at the other location; this is the beginning of June now. They needed two tellers so I was pretty confident I was going to get it. It was just two of the managers interviewing me. And my screening came back satisfactory.
Few days later I got the email saying I didn't get the job. I was sad but not giving up, so I emailed my recruiter letting her know I was still very interested in working with Bank of America.
A few weeks later, I received an email from her asking me to interview the next day. I went in for a one on one interview and it went great. It was the best interview I've ever had. She asked me customer service questions and questions about my previous managers. I also had to role play two scenarios. The first was she was making a deposit into her checking a and I had to convince her to open a savings. The second one she was wanting a bank statement for her sick brothers account but he was in the hospital. She didn't tell me their policies on this so I really had to wing it. If you have customer service experience just do your best, make eye contact and you'll do fine.
At the end of the interview she took me on a tour and introduced me to everyone working.
My interview was at 10 and I got the phone call saying they wanted to extend an offer around 5. I'm so excited and my best advice so anyone who truly wants to work for Bank of America, look at their careers page and get familiar with career paths and products and services, don't give up and really express to your recruiter so they know you're serious about working there. Good luck!

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Haven't discussed this yet.

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

Interview Details The first step involved a phone interview with a recruiter, then I was invited to come in for their group interview. The group interview was pretty structured and straightforward at first, but as it got closer to the end where each general branch manager got to speak one on one with the candidates, it was very clear who was going to get a job offer and who wasn't. There were some of us who were waiting 45 minutes to have our turn at a one on one and not one manager spoke to us. I feel like if they are going to have a one-on-one with their candidates, they should just have the people who are going to have the one-on-ones stay and let everyone else leave. It was incredibly disrespectful to my time and the other candidate's time who had to sit there and wait for 45 minutes only to find out that they won't be interacting with the managers one-on-one at all.

Interview Question – Questions such as "What was your greatest accomplishment" and "Give an example of a time you gave extraordinary customer service" were limited to the first five people.   View Answer

Arlington, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in January 2014.

Interview Details It took about 3-4 weeks all together to get hired on and working but I interviewed around the holiday season. I had two phone interviews, some online testing to assess my skill for the job, once I went into the bank and interviewed I was told I got the job.

Interview Question – Training on teller used interface for doing transactions.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bank of America in July 2014.

Interview Details I filled out the application online through their website. After 2 days, they called me and did a little pre screening interview over the phone. They asked me basic questions like "Why Bank of America?" "What is your availability, and then they scheduled me to come in for a group interview the next day. The group interview had about 6 BoA employers and 12 people applying. They asked us to briefly introduce ourselves. Afterwards people were selected for 1 on 1 interviews while the rest stayed in the room and were asked "Tell us one time you left a good lasting impression on a customer." Afterwards we were informed about the selection process and what would happen next, we asked questions and then left.

Interview Question – Describe yourself in 30 seconds   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details Apply online and then complete an online assessment, someone for HR department in Florida will contact you with a phone interview, then she will call back to schedule you for a face-to-face interview, your first face-to-face will be with the Banking center manager, sometimes they have a second interview with the district manager.

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details I was called and emailed for an interview. There were probably around 15 people. All were students or recent grads with no banking experience. The interview was about three hours long and a following interview that day across town. Was told that we would hear a yes or no by the end of the week. It really happened the next week. I was disappointed because I really thought I had the job. I'm not sure what they are looking for.

Interview Question – They kept asking the same questions and us to play out scenarios over and over. By the time of the last one I couldn't take it anymore. It wasn't difficult, just annoying at that point.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bank of America in October 2010.

Interview Details Received an email asking if I was interested in a group setting interview. The interview was really easy. learned so much about my self that I didn't know until I started talking about why I thought I was the perfect candidate for the position. Overall I think this has been one of the easiest interviews I have ever had.

Interview Question – When I was asked to pick an item from a bag and sell it to the other candidates in the group interview.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Teller

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in June 2014.

Interview Details Applied online. Within 2 hours I received an assessment test. After passing, 3 days later I received a call from my recruiter and she ask me a few brief questions about my previous job experience. She then scheduled me to meet the Branch Manager & Service Manager on Thursday. I received a call from my recruiter on that Tuesday and she scheduled me an over the phone interview with the Sales Manager. About an hour later I received a call from my recruiter with an offer. Took about 3-4 weeks for the entire process. Easy as pie !

Interview Question – How are you with working with a team ?   Answer Question

Shoreline, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bank of America in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and heard back in about a week. They had me go through a couple really chill group interviews and finally a one-on-one interview. They asked pretty basic questions like why BoA? Where do you see yourself in five years? How does previous experience relate to this position?

Interview Question – Before a group interview, we were told that there would be a sales-exercise at the end, but no more than that. In the end, we were asked to get them interested in purchasing a pen.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – By the time I got an offer, it was for a location that was half-hour drive from where I was originally interviewing.

Teller

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bank of America.

Interview Details started with a group interview. recruiter was given to me and he was not help. family friend reached out to help get me an interview. got the position from there

Interview Question – what value can you provide to this company?   Answer Question

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!