Barclays Capital

Relevance Date Difficulty

Global Technology Analyst Interview

Global Technology Analyst
Pune

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in September 2011.

Interview Details Initial communication vague as to nature of the work. Understandable considering the company in question. Work ethic, attitude and willingness to learn were valued more in the entire process than almost any other factor. Panel is approachable and friendly and interested in listening to whatever you have to say. They are looking for high performers who'll add value to the work they do as well as the company culture.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to work weekends or late nights?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Vague nature of the work and shift work.

Pune

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2012.

Interview Details The Hiring and Interview process was well organised and systematic.I had 4 rounds of Telephonic interview after which i had 3 rounds of face to face interview for the role of Business Analyst in Application Support Profile.

Came across rapid fire round of both technical as well as functional questions.All the rounds went as per my expectation except the 2nd round which i had 70-80% chance.

Interview Question – 1>Types of temporary table,query to create a temporary table and till what period of time it can store data.
2>Difference between oracle 10g and 11i ?Advantages of 11i over 10g and where it is applied?
  View Answer

Fresher Interview

Fresher

Interviewed at Barclays Capital

Interview Details Written , GD, Interview, HR

Interview Question – They do not need ur technical knowledge. MY interview was awesome. I donot know wat r they looking for   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst
Pune

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in March 2013.

Interview Details Call from consulting service and they arranged the telephonic round with tech panel.
After 1 week i got call for the tech round which I cleared, then they call for 2nd round which was with the onsite team.

Pune

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in March 2012.

Interview Details I was being hired for technology analys position in Barclays Capital. Since they were hiring big time in Pune, I was being interviewed by 3 different teams in Bar cap simultaneously! The technical quality of the questions were the simplest that I faced among investment banks.

Interview Question – In general I was asked the simplest questions in Barcap. The most difficult tech question was: (Java question) . Suppose you have a class which has a HashMap as an instance variable. How do you design a getter method so that the map returned does not corrupt the original map.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They will pay you market standards but you should be aware of what other IBs are paying. If you do not know it, you will be pulled down by HR ( standard HR practice)

Pune

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in July 2012.

Interview Details phone interview
HR round

Interview Question – I dont remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I dint negotiate

Pune

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in June 2011.

Interview Details 1. Couple of telephonic interviews.
2. MCQ test(not always)
3. F2F technical interview.
4. Mgmt/HR round

Interview Question – Hard to point out one. The good thing is that the interviewers generally probe for your area off expertise before launching into more detailed questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Salary expectation met.

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details Campus recruiting. Two rounds in a row. Two interviews, each one is half an hour. One will ask you technical questions and the other ask you behavior question. One week later the HR will call you about the result and give you offer at that time. You only have two weeks or so to decide.

Interview Question – The technical question, I didn't really get it then.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Summer Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2012.

Interview Details Stage 1:
No Basic Numerical and Competency Online Tests,
Only Short essay questions submitted online,

Stage 2:
Following a call from the firm, face to face interviews are arranged.

First interview a 1-2 (With an Analyst and a VP) focusing mainly on Technical questions revolving Corp Finance and Accounting concepts (focused on ratios and their applications).

Second interview 1-1 (With a Higher Mnmgt) Fewer Technical Questions, More Personality and Fit questions, General knowledge questions involving recent financial news, Interviewers would also dig deep into your motivations behind getting this job. Therefore, be sure to show a genuine interest in wanting to get this role.

Interview Question – Limitations of difference financial ratios/ multiples and when to use them. e.g. EBITDA and Price Multiples. When to use Levered and Unlevered beta etc.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Assistant Vice President
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2010.

Interview Details Hiring process goes as follows:
15 minute general interview
2x face to face interview

Very professional and very well mannered people. They'll look at your CV and ask question on the projects you've worked on before

Interview Question – The most difficult question is about the technical expertise one has had and the effort it took to accomplish goals   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation as the offer was more than enough

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!