Barclays Capital Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015
Updated 14 Apr 2015

3.1

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview

There is good grilling on technicals but what matters the most is your past experience and steong communication skills. Make sure you are very confident of the things you have written in CV

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with working for long and stressful hours   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Barclays Capital (Pune).

Interview

Applications had to be made online in whcih details had to be given regarding academics and extra achievements. And also, write a bit about yourself and also about Barclays.
    1. After shortlisting 1st round was IQ/Aptitude test
    2. Second round was group discussions on technical topics
    3. Then there were 1 to 1 interviews, I HR interview for 45 min 1 technical interview for 30 min

Went for further studies

Fresher Interview

Interview

Written , GD, Interview, HR

Interview Questions

• They do not need ur technical knowledge. MY interview was awesome. I donot know wat r they looking for   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital (Pune) in March 2013.

Interview

Call from consulting service and they arranged the telephonic round with tech panel.
    After 1 week i got call for the tech round which I cleared, then they call for 2nd round which was with the onsite team.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Barclays Capital (Pune) in March 2013.

Interview

Initialy a screening round happens. Then couple of technical interviews happen. If those are cleared then HR round takes place. If everything goes fine, they roll out the offer letter. Usually Barclays pays above the normal market standards but there is no onsite. Only short business trips. Bonus is average.

Personal reasons

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital (Pune) in December 2012.

Interview

The Hiring and Interview process was well organised and systematic.I had 4 rounds of Telephonic interview after which i had 3 rounds of face to face interview for the role of Business Analyst in Application Support Profile.

Came across rapid fire round of both technical as well as functional questions.All the rounds went as per my expectation except the 2nd round which i had 70-80% chance.

Interview Questions

• 1>Types of temporary table,query to create a temporary table and till what period of time it can store data.
      2>Difference between oracle 10g and 11i ?Advantages of 11i over 10g and where it is applied?

1 Answer

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital (Pune) in October 2012.

Interview

Scheduled for an on-campus test. The on-campus test consisted of mental ability and quantitative questions. They were difficult and the time was low. Calculators allowed, but I did not know that. Was at a disadvantage. Was able to finish in time. Shortlisted for a 'hiring center' test. Consisted of two case interviews. Had to present in front of four directors in a team of 6 people. There was a group consensus required. Called for a further 2 interviews the next day. Largely technical and skill based. Had one interview where behavioral questions were asked

Interview Questions

• What must an Android application have for it to go viral   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Barclays Capital (Pune) in July 2012.

Interview

phone interview
    technical test
    1 technical round
    1 manager round
    1 client round
    HR round

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I dint negotiate

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Barclays Capital (Pune) in March 2012.

Interview

I was being hired for technology analys position in Barclays Capital. Since they were hiring big time in Pune, I was being interviewed by 3 different teams in Bar cap simultaneously! The technical quality of the questions were the simplest that I faced among investment banks.

Interview Questions

• In general I was asked the simplest questions in Barcap. The most difficult tech question was: (Java question) . Suppose you have a class which has a HashMap as an instance variable. How do you design a getter method so that the map returned does not corrupt the original map.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They will pay you market standards but you should be aware of what other IBs are paying. If you do not know it, you will be pulled down by HR ( standard HR practice)

Global Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Barclays Capital (Pune) in September 2011.

Interview

Initial communication vague as to nature of the work. Understandable considering the company in question. Work ethic, attitude and willingness to learn were valued more in the entire process than almost any other factor. Panel is approachable and friendly and interested in listening to whatever you have to say. They are looking for high performers who'll add value to the work they do as well as the company culture.

Interview Questions

Vague nature of the work and shift work.