Barclays Capital Interview Questions

Updated 19 Sep 2014

3.1

Fresher Interview

Written , GD, Interview, HR

Interview Questions
    • They do not need ur technical knowledge. MY interview was awesome. I donot know wat r they looking for   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in March 2013.

Call from consulting service and they arranged the telephonic round with tech panel.
    After 1 week i got call for the tech round which I cleared, then they call for 2nd round which was with the onsite team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2012.

The Hiring and Interview process was well organised and systematic.I had 4 rounds of Telephonic interview after which i had 3 rounds of face to face interview for the role of Business Analyst in Application Support Profile.

Came across rapid fire round of both technical as well as functional questions.All the rounds went as per my expectation except the 2nd round which i had 70-80% chance.

Interview Questions
    • 1>Types of temporary table,query to create a temporary table and till what period of time it can store data.
      2>Difference between oracle 10g and 11i ?Advantages of 11i over 10g and where it is applied?
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in July 2012.

phone interview
    technical test
    1 technical round
    1 manager round
    1 client round
    HR round

I dint negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in March 2012.

I was being hired for technology analys position in Barclays Capital. Since they were hiring big time in Pune, I was being interviewed by 3 different teams in Bar cap simultaneously! The technical quality of the questions were the simplest that I faced among investment banks.

Interview Questions
    • In general I was asked the simplest questions in Barcap. The most difficult tech question was: (Java question) . Suppose you have a class which has a HashMap as an instance variable. How do you design a getter method so that the map returned does not corrupt the original map.   View Answer
    They will pay you market standards but you should be aware of what other IBs are paying. If you do not know it, you will be pulled down by HR ( standard HR practice)

Global Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in September 2011.

Initial communication vague as to nature of the work. Understandable considering the company in question. Work ethic, attitude and willingness to learn were valued more in the entire process than almost any other factor. Panel is approachable and friendly and interested in listening to whatever you have to say. They are looking for high performers who'll add value to the work they do as well as the company culture.

Interview Questions

Vague nature of the work and shift work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in June 2011.

1. Couple of telephonic interviews.
    2. MCQ test(not always)
    3. F2F technical interview.
    4. Mgmt/HR round

Interview Questions
    • Hard to point out one. The good thing is that the interviewers generally probe for your area off expertise before launching into more detailed questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Salary expectation met.

Summer Analyst Interview

First round phone interview. Followed by assessment centre which comprises of interviews, group activity, and a case presentation.
    Interviews are mostly fit and behavioral based questions. Case presentation was more technical.

Product Control - Analyst Interview

Put forward for interview by recruiter. Interview was with team leader (AVP) and product control VP. Questions touched on previous role, career motivations, understanding of role and I was grilled on my technical understanding of my previous role and the role being interviewed for.

First round

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

on campus. 2 thirty minutes easy interviews. Interview was about resume and SQL. with average queries. got result in one week. He asked about a problem that they are currently having. Interviewer explained the schema of the database and he expected to write a few SQL queries on them. The second interview was HR where she asked me about my projects and if they were team or solo, other questions like did u lead, did u have any arguments etc..

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!