Barclays Capital

390 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Global Technology Analyst Interview

Pune

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in September 2011.

Interview Details Initial communication vague as to nature of the work. Understandable considering the company in question. Work ethic, attitude and willingness to learn were valued more in the entire process than almost any other factor. Panel is approachable and friendly and interested in listening to whatever you have to say. They are looking for high performers who'll add value to the work they do as well as the company culture.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to work weekends or late nights?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Vague nature of the work and shift work.

Pune

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in December 2012.

Interview Details The Hiring and Interview process was well organised and systematic.I had 4 rounds of Telephonic interview after which i had 3 rounds of face to face interview for the role of Business Analyst in Application Support Profile.

Came across rapid fire round of both technical as well as functional questions.All the rounds went as per my expectation except the 2nd round which i had 70-80% chance.

Interview Question – 1>Types of temporary table,query to create a temporary table and till what period of time it can store data.
2>Difference between oracle 10g and 11i ?Advantages of 11i over 10g and where it is applied?
  View Answer

Fresher Interview

Interviewed at Barclays Capital

Interview Details Written , GD, Interview, HR

Interview Question – They do not need ur technical knowledge. MY interview was awesome. I donot know wat r they looking for   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Pune

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in March 2013.

Interview Details Call from consulting service and they arranged the telephonic round with tech panel.
After 1 week i got call for the tech round which I cleared, then they call for 2nd round which was with the onsite team.

Pune

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in March 2012.

Interview Details I was being hired for technology analys position in Barclays Capital. Since they were hiring big time in Pune, I was being interviewed by 3 different teams in Bar cap simultaneously! The technical quality of the questions were the simplest that I faced among investment banks.

Interview Question – In general I was asked the simplest questions in Barcap. The most difficult tech question was: (Java question) . Suppose you have a class which has a HashMap as an instance variable. How do you design a getter method so that the map returned does not corrupt the original map.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They will pay you market standards but you should be aware of what other IBs are paying. If you do not know it, you will be pulled down by HR ( standard HR practice)

Pune

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Barclays Capital in July 2012.

Interview Details phone interview
HR round

Interview Question – I dont remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I dint negotiate

Pune

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital in June 2011.

Interview Details 1. Couple of telephonic interviews.
2. MCQ test(not always)
3. F2F technical interview.
4. Mgmt/HR round

Interview Question – Hard to point out one. The good thing is that the interviewers generally probe for your area off expertise before launching into more detailed questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Salary expectation met.

Spring Intern Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Barclays Capital.

Interview Details Submitted an application and got a response the same week. The following week got a telephone interview, which had the feel of a normal leadership, teamwork, etc. questions. However, recruiters are not allowed to paraphrase the question so you have to interpret it, as best as you can and give specific example. The following after the interview, I was invite to an AC with the same questions only a little bit more in-depth. In addition, there was a game where we had to make a 3x3 cube out of smaller cubes, ensuring that each side has the same colour. In addition, adjacent colours cannot be the same. After the AC got a call from the recruiter telling me I was successful. Very friendly and nice company culture, which tries to get the best of you. MAKE SURE YOU MENTION the values RISES ...

Interview Question – How did you feel when a friend of yours acted unethically?   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

New Brunswick, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Barclays Capital in February 2013.

Interview Details HR /technology interview consisting of about 1 hour.

Interview Question – Good knowledge of data structures required.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't really negotiate. I was satisfied with the terms of the offer.

Vice President, IT Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Barclays Capital in August 2011.

Interview Details Interviews are somewhat incosistent accross the board and like in many companies it really depends who you get. It's quite important to find out who is the real decission maker. Frequently this will be the hiring manager (and also the first person you interview with apart from HR). If you can succeed with that interview almost everything else is a formality. I've been with the company for a few years and have seen the process from both sides.

Interview Question – The internal training for hiring is not great, so again it depends how much preparation and effort they put in. Sometimes people will ask "smart" questions, but they're usually easy to see through.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The process can be a bit chaotic, it helps if you have something that you can push them with (like a shorter notice period if they get the written offer to you by a certain date).

Interviews for Top Jobs at Barclays Capital

Worked for Barclays Capital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Barclays Capital interview questions and advice. All 390 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Barclays Capital employees and interview candidates.