Bed Bath & Beyond Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
239 interviews

2.1

Department Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

This was a very slow and lengthy process. There were three different interviews. It took a long time between each one and even just to get the first initial one.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you think you would fit in best in this store?   Answer Question

The salary/hour average is at 47 instead of 40
    It's very physically demanding
    Long shifts, extremely early and very very late

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in May 2010.

Handed in application to manager. Asked to take assessment test followed by a 1:1 interview. Rather easy interview. Heard back in a couple of days. Meet with the staff and Vice President. Training took a week.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in September 2013.

I applied online and was called in for an interview. I went in to the customer service desk where I waited for the interviewer. After waiting for awhile I was told I could wait at the wedding consultant desk, which is where I was interviewed when the interviewer was ready. It was a little noisy since we were out in the store and right by the cash registers and doors.

Interview Questions
    • Think of something you have bought recently, and tell me why I should buy one.   Answer Question

Overnight Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in August 2014.

The interview was pretty simple and nothing hard. It was short like 15-20min. The manager just talked about the position and asked me what I did at my previous job and why I left.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your previous job? What did you do at your previous job?   Answer Question

This was for personal reasons on my behalf.

Sales Associate/Bridal Consultant Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in September 2012.

I applied for the job in store and I Got a call in about a week later. Went in for interview. Talks to three different managers. Got a call and offered the job about a week later. Very friendly and easygoing interview. One on one with managers, they would rotate to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • What did you not like about your previous work environment?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Just dropped off my resume and spoke to a manager that day. Structured interview with mock senarios dealing with customer service. Pleasant and not too difficult. Part-time hours are less accommodating so be sure to have a flexible schedule including weekends.

Needed better hours.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Iselin, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ (US)

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in June 2013.

Very simple. You have an automatic interview the moment you fill out the application. But than you have to wait days sometimes weeks to get the other interviews over with. There are three in total. Each interview is a different manager but neither are more important than the other. The ask simple questions, like "why do you want to work here", you answer, you get hired. By the way, scheduling for them is like dealing with satan.

Interview Questions
    There was none. They told me how much I'm going to get paid, and that's it.

Store Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Guaynabo, PR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guaynabo, PR (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in January 2013.

Easy interview and hiring process. Receive a phone call from recruiters for qualifying candidate. After that 1:1 interview with DM. Offer receive in less than 10 days. Hiring process was fast and quickly. They provide training for easy on boarding. Take longer for adaptation to Store Culture. Interview in same store.

Interview Questions
    Quickly process for hiring.

Sales Associate/Replenishment Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Pretty straight forward asked if had any experience, can i lift more then 30 pounds with no issues, what is the reason i chose bed bath ( i told them i appreciated the fact they still do paper applications

Interview Questions
    • What do you believe our customers come into bed bath for and why they cant get this anywhere else.
      (found out it was our great customer service and how we care so much about safety)
        Answer Question
    9/hr

Department Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

There are two interviews minimum. One with the human resource manager and one with the district manager. The human resource manager more looked to see if you could succeed within the culture and assesses your customer service skills. The district manager focuses on assessing your management skills and your ability to read and understand reports.

No negotiation

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!