Bed Bath & Beyond

207 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Redwood City, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in June 2013.

Interview Details I had two interviews with the same manager, and I thought he gave a good first impression. The office was small, clean, and orderly.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was there is a customer with an item with out a price and they are impatient about waiting for a price check.   View Answer

Department Manager Interview

Interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond

Interview Details Interview with recruiter, interview with district manager.

Department Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details You will typically go through 3 interviews. One, on the phone with the HR Lead; one with a Store Manager; and one with the District Manager. They will mostly ask you your past experiences in the work force and why you made the decision to want to work with BBBY.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions. Same "by the book" new hire interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are pretty stern on the offer given out.

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details Easy interview... 1 interview with a manager and then another with the store manager.

Interview Question – Easy questions. These days, they will hire anyone. They used to be more selective in the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We negotiated at the starting pay based on a promise to me that my job was a full time position with room to advance and that after the typical 3 month time period and training, we would re-negotiate. This never happened.

Store Manager Interview

Boca Raton, FL (US)

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Interview Details Due to turnover they are always looking for managers which should have served as a warning to me. I had two interviews and the whole process took only 10 days. My first interview was with a district hr manager then the final was with a district manager. The district manager kept getting interrupted during my interview by phone calls and employee questions which was not professional .

Interview Question – Questions were all generic and typical of any interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was more than I was currently making so I was satisfied .

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

San Mateo, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in January 2011.

Interview Details Easy interview basic customer service questions based on how to respond to customer X when they have certain issues.

Interview Question – If a co-worker would steal what options do you have?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Soft Side/Hard Side Sales Associate, Bridal Consultant, Stock Replenishment, Customer Service Associate Interview

Carbondale, IL (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in November 2010.

Interview Details I had to apply three times before I even got called in for an interview.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Regional Fulfillment Interview

Tustin, CA (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in May 2013.

Interview Details Just left my job as a host for a restaurant and noticed BBB was hiring the interview was pretty normal as far as reviews, why do you want to work here, what do you have to offer, what are your future goals etc.

Interview Question – They will give you a scenario question with having to help a customer or doing your normal job, always the customer first because they are a customer oriented store   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – asked how much was my last job and gave me a better hourly pay

Warehouse Interview

Pendergrass, GA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in August 2012.

Interview Details interview went well - seen by 3 managers

Interview Question – nothing unexpected- same questions as everywhere else   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bed Bath & Beyond in July 2011.

Interview Details Long and tedious, I waited upwards of four weeks before moving along in the process. Although I was hired, it wasnt the first impression that I had hoped for. The onboarding process was equally unimpressive, you had better be a self starter, cause you will receive the bare minimum attention.

Interview Question – The questions were sporadic, none that I would site as usefull to communicate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Once again, it was very sporadic.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bed Bath & Beyond

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bed Bath & Beyond interview questions and advice. All 207 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Bed Bath & Beyond employees and interview candidates.