Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at BellSouth
- Sales Associate (2)
- Services Technicina (1)
- Service Technician (1)
- Software Developer (1)
- Small Business Sales (1)
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days – interviewed at BellSouth (Atlanta, GA (US)).
I had an interview to work as a contractor for Bellsouth. I was informed that this position was very much for “Indians” and not “Chiefs” (a bad sign to begin with… not even accounting for the racism). I was told there would be a test and given the opportunity to study for the test which was very nerve racking. Because of the difficult study material, my tension was kind of high when I came to the place. They took me over to a cubicle and gave me the test. While I was taking it, a manager came up to me and started asking me questions because he had me confused with an employee they had just hired (bad sign #2, they hire and loose people so quickly that the managers don't know who's who). I let him know I didn't work there yet and he moved on. There was a question on the test that had me really confused. It seemed like none of the answers were right. I very politely mentioned it to the lady administering the test and she said I should just skip it. As we walked out she started asking me probing questions about my previous job, why was she asking this as we were walking out? (bad sign #3) I got the call back from the recruiter, he said I actually did very well on the test but they weren't interested in me because I “bad mouthed” it. If they consider just asking a question about a test to be a problem… after they put me through all the trouble of preparing for it and coming down there and taking it… if that’s how political this place is… then they probably did me a favor in not hiring me. What a ridiculous place. A few months later a guy I was working with told me that he had actually taken an offer to work in that position… but he left after 3 days when he got another job offer… and they never paid him for those 3 days.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 6+ months – interviewed at BellSouth (Oakland Park, FL (US)).
Hiring took ages. They completed an intense background check, an hour long phone interview with corporate in Atlanta, a behavioral analysis test, and a one-on-one interview that was eventually joined by a second manager.
- It was an easy interview. It was a sales and service job in an inbound call center. If you can make people love you, sell your personality, you can make it through this interview with no problems. If you're not happy dealing with people or just can't hack it in a personal interview, this is not the place for you. Answer Question
It's a union company. If you're union, it goes entirely by contract. The rest is commissions and bonuses that varied in goals and amounts.
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took a day – interviewed at BellSouth in November 2010.
It was long and very boring. H ad nothing to do with the job at all
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 3 days – interviewed at BellSouth in May 2009.
the process was very informative we only had time for a few questions the interviewer was a panel of 3 people with increments of 2 hours. lunch was provided
- no questions were asked 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 3 days – interviewed at BellSouth in November 2008.
You first must pass an online skills evaluation and then they call you in for another personality test and skills test. If you pass the second test you immediately meet with a manager for a 1 on 1 interview.
- They asked me to give them an experience where I had to deal with an angry customer. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 2 days – interviewed at BellSouth (Carthage, TN (US)) in January 2008.
Asked what kind of electrical back ground do you have, ever worked on telephone before, are you afraid of hieghts, what kind of test equipment have you used, can you work outside in the rain, snow, sun ,ect,
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review