Best Buy Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
1,639 interviews

2.4

Inventory and Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wesley Chapel, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wesley Chapel, FL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

I applied to Best Buy online and within two days later I received a phone call which was my phone interview which was approx. 5 minutes. She then said he would send that along to the next supervisor which would be over the department I was applying for. Within two days after the phone interview I got a call from the supervisor asking if I could come in the next day for the 2nd interview which approx. lasted 10 minutes and everything went smoothly everyone was nice! He then he would forward my application to the General Manager (GM) for the final interview. Within three days after the 2nd interview I got a phone call for my last and final interview the next day with the General Manager as to where he hired me and asked what I was willing to get paid!

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question: 'Have you ever seen an associate stealing? What should happen to them?"   View Answers (2)
    Atleast negotiate $1.00 up from pay

Best Buy Mobile - Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flint, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

*Did the online app

*Gotta call exactly a week later for the phone interview

*Went in for the 2nd interview, went great, said I would get a call in 3-5 days for the 3rd and final interview, when reality the called me, not even an hour after the second interview, for the last one

*Met the GM, he was funny and I got hired on the spot.

*All in all great people, awesome experience and I'm really looking forward to working with them!!

Interview Questions
    • Pretty easy interview. nothing out of the ordinary!! :)   Answer Question

CEM Interview

Be yourself, and know your business, and use words you know. If you follow the rules and are a good people person you will be successful. The best thing is know the market and community you work with in.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Destin, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Destin, FL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Best Buy in March 2013.

I applied for a cashier position but was interviewed for a Computer Sales Associate. I was new to town and had only what was in my suitcase so I asked about dress code and was told as long as I didn't show up in jeans and a tank top I was good. I wasn't given names of my interviewer, but I called back and found out. Interview was not only quick, but it was lots of fun and he made me feel very relaxed. I was immediately told I would be interviewed by the GM two days later and this time I was given a name. Second interview also went well, but upon arriving the GM didn't even know he was supposed to interview me that day. Again, the interview was relaxed and fun. I was offered the job on the spot and given a date for paperwork and orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Best Buy?   Answer Question
    • How extensive is your knowledge of computers and electronics?   Answer Question
    • Most of the questions were about where I was coming from. Having married a former BBY employee and being related to another I managed to steer the interview into a discussion of their policies and ethics and how they fit me.   Answer Question
    • I was asked to sell the GM an electronic or appliance of my choosing.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate hourly pay to compensate for semi-long commute. The negotiation process and contract signing were smooth, relaxed and actually quite fun and quick.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tyler, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Best Buy.

The interview process is lengthy. You have multiple interviews within the company. The process can be time consuming as most times the do a mass hiring especially during the busy seasons.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years? as being a kid still in high school this question can seem like the hardest to answer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Wichita, KS (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

The general manager emailed me saying she had seen my resume on Indeed.com, asking me for an interview. I said yes, and got a phone call from an assistant manager on Saturday afternoon. Who calls on a Saturday? I had the interview Wednesday of the same week. He said I would be interviewing with the GM and that he put it on her calendar, but when I got there she was at lunch. So I interviewed with yet another assistant manager, who didn't even work in the customer service section. He didn't seem particularly interested in having to do an interview. He asked the list of questions off his sheet and wrote a lot of what I said. He really didn't ask any follow up questions or give much feedback. The whole thing lasted maybe 10 minutes. He said that they had 3 more interviews that day to do and that I would get an email. I did a couple days later informing me of my rejection. Questions were basic, like Why Best Buy? and Tell me about an upset customer and how you dealt with it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an upset customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst, Talent Management Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Richfield, MN (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Best Buy.

A total of 6 interviews. Very lengthy process with very little communication. The organization is still a dinosaur with many downfalls including an apparent lack of communication between extremely related sectors of the organization. Was given wrong information numerous times and was in contact with many different people who did not communicate with each other throughout the process.

Multi Channel Sales Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2011.

I applied for the position online and received a call for a phone interview about 3 days later. The phone interview was very brief and lasted no more than 5 minutes. After answering general interview questions (experience, work ethics, etc.), I was scheduled for an interview with the department manager at the store.

The manager asked simple questions similar to questions asked during the phone interview. The department manager was pleased with my answers and scheduled an interview with the general manager. The interview was also pretty brief (about 15 minutes long).

The interview with the general manager was the longest and most thorough interview - although I wouldn't consider it more difficult than the second interview. After answering general interview questions and discussing pay rate and availability, I was offered the position and was scheduled for a drug test three days after the interview.

I was contacted about 5 days after my drug test for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you lead a project or job and the outcome.   Answer Question

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bluffton, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bluffton, SC (US)

I applied online and attached a resume (though the admitted to never looking at it) and it was maybe 3 days later they called me asking me to come in for an interview with the Best Buy Mobile manager. Interview was pretty simply personality questions, are you stressed out easily, what do you do if a customer is angry, how to tend to more than one customer at a time and how well you work under pressure. They asked me about my availability, and transportation as well.

a few days had gone by and I got a job asking to go in for my 2nd interview with the general manager who was really nice, and told me that the manager from my previous interview was so excited about our interview he immediately told the hiring manager about it, despite having other interviews that day and week. Which was SUPER awesome. He asked pretty much the same questions as the first interview, told me about himself and best buy, their current lack of full employees and managers. They seem to have no tolerance for people who are late, or want to do zero work and get paid. He admitted laying several people off for either not being able to make it to work or slacking off.

I was offered a part time position on the spot after my drug test and background check. I admit the hiring manager was kind of lazy and slackish. I was constantly having to call her to see what was going on- when i was offered the job on spot i was told i would get an email from the hiring manager of where to take my drug test. Days went by and there was a problem, i applied for full time, but was hired part time, so I had to apply for full time so they could put it in their system, well my drug test results came in on a monday and i had to call on a wednesday to see what the silence was all about and she finally sent me m job offer to confirm through email. So, that made me a little antsy but besides that the experience was great. I was offered $10 an hour, and eligible for part time, just to talk to my manager about it

my first interview was on july 31st, my 2nd interview I actually got offered the job ON my 19th birthday! (august 7th) and am starting my first day on the 24th :) so it takes a bout a couple weeks

Interview Questions
    • If you don't know anything about the cell phone, tablet (ect) the customer is talking about what do you do?   View Answer
    I was offered $10 hourly, I did not attempt to negotiate, as I was being paid 7.25 at my previous job (sally's)

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Best Buy.

Fill out the application online> Do the assessment test> Phone interview> one on one interview with the assistance manager>one on one Interview with GM> Accept or decline the offer> And finally do the background test and the drug test

Interview Questions
    • what are your accomplishments? Give me an example of one of your best customer service work you have done and what was the results?   Answer Question

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!