Best Buy

Updated 28 Feb 2015
1,867 Interview Reviews

2.4

Merchandising and Inventory Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

I applied on February 20th, 2015. I got a call on the 24th..so 4 days after I applied I got a call from the store manager, she told me to come in for an interview. She was super nice on the phone, and I was really excited. When I got there they asked the usual question, "why do you want to work here", "when was a time you had to go the extra mile for a customer" and so on, that took about 15-20 minutes. She told me that I was a good fit as a computer sales person as well, so I was interviewed by the person In charge of that department too. After the interview was over, the store manager told me to come back tomorrow to talk to the GM, for a second imterview. He interviewed me and after probably 10 minutes he offered me the job. After the GM offered me the job, he told me that I will be getting an electronic job offer in my email, the same email that I used to apply for the job with, I still haven received anything yet, but it's the weekend anyways so I think I'll receive it on Monday or Tuesday the latest. Both of the interviews that were conducted were super fun and relaxed, there was no pressure at all. Everyone was really nice, I even got to know the employees before I even started. When I receive the electronic job offer I will obviously accept it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to go the extra mile to for a customer   Answer Question
    I would just be yourself, and don't say generic stuff like "I would love to work here because I love electronics".

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

The overall hiring process was very laid back and simple. I met with the general manager and was asked a few basic interview questions. I was offered the job on the spot and accepted. Afterward, I was asked to complete a drug screen, and I started working the following week.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and how would they contribute to this company?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Got a call from them to set up an in person interview with an assistant manager. They asked the general interview questions for a retail environment. Then a day later got a call back to do a second interview with the store manager, the questions with the store manager were more specific to the department as well as the basic interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to help a customer in a short amount of time?   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

The interview lasted about twenty minutes.
    i was asked questions like... how will you handle a angry customer, tell me a time when u
    handled a difficult task and what did you do etc
    Simple questions about how you will handle possible situations on the job

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle a angry customer
      Tell me a time when you handled a difficult task
      How do you update yourself

Answer Question

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Very nice management and friendly interview process. A lot of the same questions through both of my interviews and they really love to know why you want to work at Best Buy. They get a lot of " I love technology" so try another route. Overall very good.

Inventory Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Very quick. simple questions but seemed like they already knew who they were going to hire. I applied for an inventory job but it seemed like it was a managing inventory position. I have read that they drug test the applicants they are going to hire. Once they did not ask, I knew I did not get the job.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

3 interviews, all long and almost the same questions. Try to be very enthusiastic and energetic about your answers. Go well dressed as that is a major factor in getting the job. Speak clearly and confident and have direct eye contact with interviewer.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Hiring and interviewing process was fairly straight-forward. However, training took longer than expected. The people there ranged from being serious about their jobs to ignoring their responsibilities. I was there when customers blatantly stole items and nobody else noticed - therefore, nothing was done.

Interview Questions
    • Past experiences and what I intend to bring to the company.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy.

Went in to the store and met with two people at the same time. They asked basic interview questions and seemed to be focused on the team environment. I believe one was the head of mobile sales and the other I have no idea.

Interview Questions
    • What is one way in you previous job that you went above and beyond the job description?   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

A series of multiple initial phone calls and then in-person interviews with senior staff, peers and potential subordinates. Was flown in from out of town. Tour of facilities was great, very hip and interesting place to work.

Interview Questions
    • Background qualifications, approach to situations, toughest problem, management style   Answer Question