Best Buy Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
1,672 Interview Reviews

2.4

Inventory and Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wesley Chapel, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wesley Chapel, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

I applied to Best Buy online and within two days later I received a phone call which was my phone interview which was approx. 5 minutes. She then said he would send that along to the next supervisor which would be over the department I was applying for. Within two days after the phone interview I got a call from the supervisor asking if I could come in the next day for the 2nd interview which approx. lasted 10 minutes and everything went smoothly everyone was nice! He then he would forward my application to the General Manager (GM) for the final interview. Within three days after the 2nd interview I got a phone call for my last and final interview the next day with the General Manager as to where he hired me and asked what I was willing to get paid!

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question: 'Have you ever seen an associate stealing? What should happen to them?"   View Answers (2)
    Atleast negotiate $1.00 up from pay

Geek Squad, Counter-Operations Agent (COA) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2014.

I applied online, the next day I was called to set up an interview. The day after that I met with a manager and completed my interview. They liked me, so they got the general manager to complete my second interview the same day. The GM liked me, so he offered me the job on the spot. We negotiate pay, and I accepted the offer. Whole process took 3 days. After this, I had to complete background check and drug screen process prior to reporting to work.

Interview Questions
    • None. Almost every question I was asked It started with, "describe a time where.... (then the question)".; ex. would be - dealt with irate customer.   Answer Question
    I was asked what was fair, I answered. They stated a different pay range, then looked up my qualifications and offered a better pay.

Lifestyles Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mount Vernon, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Vernon, NY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Best Buy in September 2014.

I first applied online
    Got a call 2 weeks later
    An interview with the store manager.
    He was really laid back guy, asked questions from standard form and circled 1-5 on answer (5 was best).
    Received a call back to meet the general manager one week later.
    Met the GM

Interview Questions
    • You dont get along with a certain co-worker, what do you do?   View Answer
    No negotiation bit was okay with it!

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in December 2013.

Very simple, called a week after I applied and set up interview, first met with store assistant manager, then was called back a couple days later to meet with GM(store manager). If you get to the second interview you are pretty much hired just dont blow it

Interview Questions
    Very simple, 2 interviews and got the job.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

I applied and received an interview within the week. I arrived 15 mins prior, and ended up waiting 30 mins before the manager came out. She gave the worst handshake in my life. The questions were basic and it was not personal at all.

Assistant Manager Interview

Typical questions to determine perssonality and problem solving skills. The environment was laid back and friendly, but not the most professionally setup. A lot of the questions felt repetitive. They want specific details from your own experiences. Take time before your interview to think about specific situations and employees that needed special attention.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are about overcoming problems in specific situations.   Answer Question

Connected Supervisor Interview

interviewed at Best Buy in May 2010.

It's was pretty long about three weeks. First interview with supervisor then manager and then gm. It was a group interview first then sat down with a manager who was OK but I could tell he had no sales experience lol...the gm asks loss prevention questions and trick question to see if you are a liar. Nothing crazy unless you are lying then it's really hard.

None

Magnolia Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

The interview was pretty simple. It consisted of a phone interview, then an in-store interview, follow by an interview with the GM of the store and one of the managers. All questions were basic cookie cutter, such as where do you see yourself in 5 years? what was your worst retail experience?, and how do you handle negative feedback?

Interview Questions
    What you would expect from retail.

Sales Consultant - Tablets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Covington, LA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, LA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2013.

Mainly looking for individuals who are motivated and excited about selling tech. They are very willing to train and are very good at it. If you are willing to learn what they want to teach then you are the person for the job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do when you notice another associate taking a soda or candy bar and not paying for it?   View Answer
    Great as a first or entry level job. The sales training is excellent.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2010.

Will hire anyone that can pass a drug screen and answer simple questions. I would never take a Best Buy employee's personal knowledge into effect on my purchase decision. They know less than you do.

You get what they offer you, or you don't get hired.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!