Best Buy

1,417 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lifestyles Sales Consultant Interview

Auburn, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2013.

Interview Details If you are an outgoing individual, you'll get the job. If you are what some would say "socially awkward" there's not a chance. In order to work at Best Buy you have to communicate clearly and be able to solve customer issues swiftly. The interviewer will do their best to see if you are qualified. You also must show interest in new, old, and upcoming technologies (no, loving video games does not check you off on this subject). When I was interviewed for this position I had prior researched the company history, listed every person I know that works there, listed my talents, and made a connection with the interviewer on common hobbies. If you do this you will most likely be hired. Also I'd like to add that if you are only interviewed for 30 min or less you're probably not going to get the job. The interviewer will go beyond the scheduled time if they take serious interest in you.

Interview Question – There are no difficult questions for a salesman. You sell yourself the same way you sell your products.   Answer Question

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

Santa Clarita, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details Applied online. Got a call that week about a "job fair". I was confused over the phone and simply asked if I was being interviewed or not? They said yes but kept calling it a "job fair"? I've been to job fairs before where multiple companies and businesses are gathered to promote and find new employees. What this really ended up being was the biggest line for a 3 portion part interview. There were probably around 40-55 people roughly that showed up is what it felt like. Luckily I was one of the first in line (get there early).

The interview was 3 parts that took place within 45min to an hour. The first step was a simple basic interview which I kinda saw as a personality and down to earth test. The 2nd was in the back stock area where the tone was much much more serious. They looked at my resume each time and they asked me about my audio background and stuff like that. It was seen that I would be a good fit for their Home Theater/ Car Fi department. I was shocked cause I only applied for cashier, although honored.

Last interview was with the store manager, somewhat re-asking similar interview questions from the first 2. He gave me the offer for seasonal Home Theater and I accepted.

Only thing was I had to reapply as Home Theater but no big deal

Interview Question – How do you keep up with technology?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Seasonal. Just given a paper of the general offer with the pay amount on it

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details You interview with HT manager first and then if they like you, you interview with the GM for the position

Interview Question – Knowing what things you do know about technology compared to the manager and other employees   View Answer

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

Interview Details I had 2 interviews the first being with the CBG manager for BBY Mobile and Computing and Tablets. The second being with the Store General Manager.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to rise above all odds to go above and beyond for a customer. What was the the outcome and what was the customer's reaction after assisting them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I applied for a part time mobile associate position at the time of the job offer I accepted a seasonal position due to all part time positions had been filled. The hiring manager stated to me that if I could provide world class service to the customers and come to work and put my best foot forward that I should be consider for regular employment with the company. As a result of the efforts I was promoted after the holiday season as a Geek Squad Technology Education Agent.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Everett, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in March 2013.

Interview Details it is an online application. Each application is sent to the store directly via email. If they like your resume/application enough, you will receive a phone call for screening (terribly easy to pass) in which you will be offered an interview. At this particular best buy, the first interview is done by the Supervisor and Manager of the preferred department. If you pass their interview, you will be called in for a final interview with the GM himself, as he likes to make sure each of his employees are up to the Best Buy standard.

Interview Question – There were not difficult questions, although a few of them revealed a lot more about myself than I cared to give.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in January 2010.

Interview Details I applied for the job online. I got a call a week later asking me to come into the store. In store interview was easy.

Interview Question – If you aren't a moron you can get a job. They asked me all kinds of stupid questions like if I did drugs, steal or if I had been arrested. They literally asked me if I needed $10, would I borrow it from the register. When I said "No" I was then asked if borrowing $5 was ok. Then $1.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was given a dollar per hour rate and told that was all they would offer.

Mobile Wireless Sales Consultant Interview

Warner Robins, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2013.

Interview Details The hiring process was not difficult. I initially conducted a phone interview which went well. This interview was basic and laid the foundation for the subsequent interview which was conducted in-person. The company requires every potential employee to be interviewed by two current managers. These two interviews were nearly identical in terms of the questions that I was asked.

Interview Question – Is the customer always right?   Answer Question

Geek Squad Counter-Service Agent Interview

Dublin, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in August 2010.

Interview Details I applied using their online system, then followed up in-person. The manager who reviewed my information asked me to come back for a formal interview and set a time/date with me. When I returned for the formal interview, I was informed that it was his day off; I had to come in at random a couple times until he was working and track him down in the store to ask about my interview. Once I found him, he felt bad for having forgotten and interviewed me right on the spot.

Interview Question – There were hardly any questions involving technology. The hardest part of the interview was having to come up with examples of how resilient you can be to angry customers.   Answer Question

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details I put in my application online and was called over the phone 4 days later. I was told to come in for the initial interview. I was then told to come back for a final interview with the GM. Asked the tell me about yourself question and past jobs.

Interview Question – Really there's only one question that matters. How would you handle (insert situation here). Use your common sense. How would you handle an angry customer? There's only one right answer. You stay calm and kindly be informative as well as apologetic. Be creative and positive. You have nothing to worry about. They are people just looking for kind foot soldiers to execute there business model. Own it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was told a salary (take it of leave it) and I needed a job so I took it.

Cashier Interview

Reno, NV (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Best Buy in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied online, and got a call about a week later. They asked me if I was still interested in the job, and what my availability was. Scheduled an interview for a few days later, and the first interview was really quick, about 10 minutes. Afterwards he asked if I could come in the next day for another interview. I did and after a couple questions was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, what caught me off guard was the expectations of working with the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't really a negotiation...I said I'd be willing to work for 8.25/hr but he said they'll be starting me out at more.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Buy

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy interview questions and advice. All 1,417 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Best Buy employees and interview candidates.