Best Buy Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr 2015
1,929 Interview Reviews

2.4

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted within one week around being able to attend the interview. Interview was with three general managers and one district manager. They sat across the table for a panel interview. Allowed time for me to introduce myself, show my personality, and provide input on "why me" for this position.

Interview Questions

• Questions around performance management, previous experience, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered a competitive salary.

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

One phone interview for basics like availability. This is followed by a second interview with the department manager. If you pass this you get pushed to the third with the GM. Finally you need to pass a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay negotiable. Ask for more than you think you should make.

Best Buy Sales Supervisor Interview

Interview

Typical Retail interviews, talk about team experience, describe problem solving skills and performance management. The process is very slow and drawn out. Expect to interview and still talk up to 3 weeks to get final job offer or final interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you coached a under performing employee.   Answer Question

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

The interview process was not very difficult. They tell you about the job and you answer some pretty easy questions. The interview is one day and with your potential manager. As long as you come in with the mentality that you will get the job then after the interview the job is yours

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Basic interview process, 1on1 setting, asking questions based on resume and aspirations. There's not really much to say regarding the interview it was short and sweet and everyone was nice.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

3 interviews. Phone, asst manager, and general manager. general interview quesitons was very straight forward and everyone was nice make sure you do research about the company i used this website to prepare myself

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None 9.00

UI Engineer (Consultant) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Straight to the point. You will talk about your background and talk about their tech stack. If you want the gig downplay any tech stack that they aren't using. I took this interview mostly as practice so I didn't care either way. I let them know I was willing to work with Backbone but it wouldn't be something I'd pick in 2015. Nice folks.

Interview Questions

• Mostly easy JS questions. Know what type coercion is and know prototypical inheritance. A couple CSS and HTML questions.   Answer Question

Inventory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Best Buy (Allen Park, MI (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online got a call a week later, had a mini interview on the phone they asked questions like why do you want to work at best buy and availability. Then got scheduled me for in person. Easy questions tell me about yourself scenario questions. Then got called 2 weeks later for 3rd interview this was more random Some of the same questions to start then an odd one about favorite store (don't say best buy). All in all easy interview just be engaging and out going.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yeah a little they ask you what you want to make you tell them they say yes or no

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Easy and simple questions. The atmosphere was easy going and made me feel relaxed and confident. The hiring manager was nice and friendly and very welcoming. I walked out knowing I was going to nail the job!

Interview Questions

• how would you sell an appliance to someone who is "just looking"?   Answer Question

Computer and Di Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Best Buy in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Took about 1-2 weeks for them to call me. Once in the interview there were 2 managers in the same room n they explained the process of the interviews that there would be 2 more and that it might take from 1 week on to see if i am even one of the candidates. To my surprise the 2 managers that interviewed me liked how well i did that they recommended me that same day to the GM os the store. And got hired right there on the spot

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past work experience   Answer Question
    • Tell us about an issue that you have gotten into with a group member what was the issue. How did you managed the issue and what was the end result   Answer Question
    • What do you think about theft in a company   Answer Question
    • Whats your thought on working holidays and night shift   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiated. I could of but they were already offering me more than my current job so i took it