Best Buy

Relevance Date Difficulty

General Manager Interview

General Manager

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details There was a panel interview with other local GM's and District employees. Behavior questions explain the situation, action and results. You sit directly across from them which make it feel like a firing line.

Interview Question – Explain a difficult situation, why was it difficult what did you do and nope looking back how would you handle it   Answer Question

Inventory Associate Interview

Inventory Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details The process was fairly easy. It took two weeks including the phone interview, and an interview with the general manager. The phone interview was nothing really. They only asked about my availability. The on-site interviews went good. The one with the GM had some personality and behavioral questions:
-Tell me about any experience, education that qualifies you for this position?
-Describe the worst team you had to work with?
-Describe a time you disagreed with someone at work?
-Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer?
-What would you do if someone steals?
-What kind of manager is your ideal manager?
It’s easy if you gave precise answers and made sure what he's aiming to know about your personality.

Interview Question – There wasn't really a hard question, just make your responses clear and be relaxed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't get frustrated as they will you few as you start, probably 10 or 11, but as soon as you finish the training and get used to it, it may reach 15.

Inventory Specialist Interview

Inventory Specialist
Long Beach, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and recieved a call for an interview with the departmant supervisor a couple days later. Then recieved a call for a second interview with the assistant manager/department manager. Final interview was with the General Manager and was repeating simple questions, he offered the job on the spot starting at 10/hr, the job offer was printed and with him the entire time.
You then have to complete a drug and background check.

Interview Question – Mostly "tell me about yourself" or why do you want to work here?
Explain a time when....
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, but I didn't try

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and filled out a questionnaire. I got a call back about three weeks later and was scheduled for an in person interview. I was interview by both the store manager and assistant manager at the same time. Easy going, funny people with no interview questions out of the ordinary. Was offered the job right on the spot.

Interview Question – "describe a time when..."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asking for 9.32 and was offered 10.50

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Asset Protection Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Best Buy in July 2014.

Interview Details Very fast process. I First applied online and received a phone interview the following day. Phone interview consisted of availability questions and past job experiences. After the phone interview I was then invited to come in the same day to the store for a 1:1 interview. I arrived at the store and one of the store manager conducted the interview and asked questions about theft and customer service experience. After the interview I was then told that he would see if the GM is available at the moment for a 2nd interview. Turns out the GM wasn't available and was told to come in the following morning for the interview where I was then hired.

Interview Question – What are your thoughts on an employee committing theft?   Answer Question

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

Home Theater Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview Details First you would have an interview then, you would have a second or sometimes they will skip to the third. be prepared to look nice. I saw on guy next to me that had jeans and a t-Shirt, they told to go home. Drug screening will be after they hire you.

Interview Question – Why did you choose best buy? What can you bring to Best Buy? They will ask questions about technological features for example a phone, TV, computers etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They took my offer, but it never hurts to try.

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Asset Protection Associate

Interviewed at Best Buy

Interview Details Hiring process was really simple. Apply online and wait to get a call back from your store managaer. Make sure you answer all the questions with strongly agree or disagree. First interview is pretty basic, its over the phone and they just ask you questions about your availability. Don't worry if they don't set up an interview time right after the phone call is over. It took them an entire week to call me back to set up the second interview. Second interview is with a store manager and they just look to see if your personality suits the company. Third interview is with the General Manager and they ask you the same questions as they would in the second interview with an emphasis on theft. Best Buy is very big on theft so make sure to answer the question "should an employee be terminated if they are caught stealing?" with an absolute yes.

Interview Question – They take a while to get back to you depending on where you live.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Fullerton, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Best Buy in November 2012.

Interview Details I applied and within three days they called me back to setup an interview.
At the interview the asked a few questions, nothing too hard to answer for me personally, but for someone who isn't used to being interviewed/confident I can see it being nerve wrecking.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They said they would hire me pending the results of a drug test.

Very Easy Interview

Computer Sales Specialist Interview

Computer Sales Specialist
Kennewick, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Best Buy in October 2013.

Interview Details The first interview is with your potential supervisor and with the department manager. They ask you normal questions about you and about the work you have done. They also ask you about hypothetical work place situations. The second time is with the General Manager and its more of that person talking with you to see what type of person you are and to see how much you really want to work there.

Interview Question – What do you think the penalty for an associate shop lifting should be?   Answer Question

Inventory Associate Interview

Inventory Associate
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

Interview Details The first interview was a phone interview. It was pretty short. I was asked basic questions regarding my availability and past experiences. At the end, I was called in to meet with my department manager. I got a lot of scenario based questions. Be prepared to place your in a lot of "What If." situations. After about two days, I got a call back to meet with the general manager. This was a very short interview. He asked questions regarding the correlation between your past jobs and the one you seek to obtain at Best Buy. I was hired after completing that interview.

Interview Question – Name another company that provides great service?   View Answer

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!