BevMo

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Director

Interviewed at BevMo

Interview Details Had a pretty good conversation with the recruiter. Was told needed to wait until new vp started ton present candidates. Found it odd that over a period of waiting 2 months for someone to start and recruiter contacting me via email almost weekly that all of a sudden I was sent a rejection email.
Why would they go through a screening process, ask if relocation assistance was needed, and ask if a bonus was needed before the hiring manager had a chance to start if they didn't know what the person was looking for? Also found it odd to be asked about relocation and bonus as part of a screening.

Interview Question – Would you need relocation and bonus?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Santee, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BevMo in November 2013.

Interview Details I applied online and got called for an interview two weeks later. The manager did the interview standing at the front of the store. He asked about school as I am a student. He also asked about my availability. Depending on the location, they may hope you have knowledge of certain beverages over others. The online assessment is scenario-based questions and does not take too long. After the interview, I was asked to re-apply as a seasonal position. A bit sneaky of a move, but it was a good job for seasonal.

Interview Question – Do you know the most about wine, beer, or spirits?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They started me at $9.00 which was a dollar above CA minimum wage and the pay everyone at that store got at first.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Murrieta, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at BevMo in April 2013.

Interview Details It was very awkward interview. The head cashier brought in five of us into a room and interviewed is all the same time. He would go from one person to the next person asking the same question over and over. The questions that he asked were not relevant to the position that we were applying for some of the information was personal and was awkward to share with the group.

Interview Question – I don't remember the specific question but there were several personal questions asked it's inappropriate   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was no negotiation they hired minimum-wage.

Very Easy Interview

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at BevMo in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied maybe a month or so before hearing anything back. In fact it was so long I had forgotten I had applied there as this would be just a second part time job. Had two interviews, one with store manager then with assistant manager and immediately after the interview I was sent to do drug test. The interview was pretty easy, the store manager just went through my resume and asked "why did I leave this place and this place" and so on. I already currently work for a local winery and to my surprise my wine knowledge didn't come in to question. Second interview was more in depth about my involvement with the winery, pay, hours, and then to go pee in a cup. Today I just received through email all the information packets I needed to fill out. I wonder how training will go.

Interview Question – Why did you leave (insert job/company here)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't given an option to negotiate as he said "we start all new employees at 9 an hour" but then went on to say something about getting me focused on the wine department or wine specialist or something and he said pay should go up.

Head Clerk Interview

Head Clerk
Northridge, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BevMo in March 2013.

Interview Details The interview was fairly relaxed and easy. I was asked for my favorite drink, how I would deal with associates or customers, how I would upsell, why I would be good for the position. All the standard questions.

Interview Question – What is your favorite drink?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered the position and given the details and had an opportunity to negotiate, however, options were good and took the position without further negotiations.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BevMo in November 2013.

Interview Details Applied online and followed up with a cold call walk in. Found store management to be friendly reasonably interesting. Store management was also very knowledgable of their products. As is now the norm, business cares even less about the employees than in years past.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible

El Centro, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BevMo in October 2013.

Interview Details Only one interview, they ask specific questions about the products we sell. We talked a little about my background. We discussed how my experience in the restaurant and hospitality industry would translate into this job. He asked what my sales experience was, and what my long term goals were.

Interview Question – What makes a pinot grigio different?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They have a set starting rate and a review after 6 months.

Laguna Niguel, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BevMo in September 2010.

Interview Details Walk in-- then was called in for an interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BevMo.

Interview Details For my interview, I had two people interviewing both who were Assistant Managers. Pretty short interview with pretty basic questions. ex. tell me about yourself, past jobs, area of knowledge in alcohol, what would you if ____.

Interview Question – not really any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through another source - interviewed at BevMo in February 2013.

Interview Details It was fine.

Interview Question – Not difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at BevMo

Worked for BevMo? Contribute to the Community!