Bimbo Bakeries

Updated 10 Feb 2015
Updated 10 Feb 2015

2.7

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries.

Very professional and well structured, I was impressed with the process and the follow up was just as they said it would be. Very timely and they did what they said they would do.

I accepted offer as is.

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bimbo Bakeries.

You must apply on company website, They don't use recruiters. If you know someone inside, let them know after you did the internet application. They can help you in.
    Simple HR screening interview, one to one with Hiring Manger, quick salary offer 10 days

Interview Questions
    • Hours you will be at work and time at office unfair   View Answer
    no negotiation to salary, yes to car, computer, etc

Routes Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, WV (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Huntington, WV (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in September 2014.

Was asked to come in for a group interview. followed by a private interview. They were very detailed in describing the day to day job, including hours to be put in and average salary, etc. Any questions I asked, they answered in full. The interview was very direct and to the point and left no doubt in what the position was or what you would be doing.

Interview Questions
    • The hours where not what I expected. Starting work at 3am is not an issue for me, however 3am-5pm was a bit long... as well as work 6 days a week for the first 3-6months. Even once you get past the training, it's still 3am-5pm, ONLY Sundays and Weds off... no consecutive days off.   View Answer

I simply found the 3am-5pm too long for my lifestyle. as well as, yes the 60k sounds nice... but not at 70hr work weeks

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in May 2014.

I was recruited off of the Enactus Carer Website (a Bimbo sponsored college organization that I am a part of). There was an initial phone screening with direct boss. Then a Skype interview with Plant Manager, Finance Manager, and Human Resources. I was then flown down for two days and did three in person interviews. Two of those interviews were 1:1 and the other was a panel of two.

Interview Questions
    • The phone screening was more or less just a conversation to see if I liked the job; however, I don't feel initial phone screenings would be that causal in other circumstances with this company, but for me it was a plus!

During the Skype interview HR asked 3-5 behavioral questions. Finance and Plant Manager mainly asked questions regarding my internships and how well I dealt with complex ever - changing environments.

The in person interview I was asked a few problem solving questions. I interviewed with Plant Manager, Plant Engineer and Production Manager.

Answer Question
    It was my first big offer out of college, so I did not negotiate on salary. Looking back I most definitely had to opportunity to, I highly recommend negotiating with any offer unless it is outstandingly above and beyond what you asked of course! Even to negotiate 3-5K more but can make a huge difference in the long run.

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in February 2014.

1. Applied online. 2. HR Phone interview. 3. In-person interview with hiring manager and with Sr. manager at the same visit in separate sessions. Spent around 30min with hiring manager, and 40min with Sr. manager.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were typical. Nothing unusual.   View Answer

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bimbo Bakeries.

Worked my way up from the bottom, so initially didn't have an interview for operations supervisor. When being interviewed for a production operator position back in 1990 they asked why I wanted to work here, what kind of attendance they should expect and so on.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations because it's a union facility

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bimbo Bakeries in January 2014.

The company representative (manager) called almost immediately after I applied.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation phase in this case.

Capital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Bimbo Bakeries.

Phone Interview, Face to Face Interview

Production Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bimbo Bakeries.

I was first contacted by the local HR Manager concerning the position that led to a phone interview. Next was the phone interview about a week later. After about 2 weeks, I was brought in for an onsite interview. I was interviewed by the plant manager who was very unassuming, but nevertheless deceiving....she smiles all the time, but don't fall for it. When the interview was over with the plant manager, I was evaluated over lunch by the entire management staff at the plant. After the first interview, I was called in for a second and it was confusing. The had decided to give me the job without me knowing and didn't want me to wear a suit, but didn't tell me. So when we went out on the floor I got flour and other ingredients on me. They were showing me videos on their process during it and I wasn't sure why since they didn't tell me that I had the job yet. It seemed very unorganized. About an hour later, they finally told me that I was being offered the job. The plant manager gave me a generic onboarding plan and said that we would go over it sometime......but it never happened the whole time I was employed.

Interview Questions
    • "A union environment can be a difficult one to manage, so how would you deal with a difficult situation or employee on the floor?"   Answer Question
    There wasn't much of a negotiation. The HR Manager and Plant Manager created a deal that was a little above what I made at my previous job in terms of monetary compensation. But, I was very disappointed with the amount of vacation time offered which was only a week. Previous employees were given 3 weeks vacation right off the bat.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bimbo Bakeries.

I knew someone and that helped. I met with a depot manager for a brief interview and took a basic math skills test. After about a week I met with a very no nonsense HR manager at a depot in L.A. I sent a lot of time speaking about my managerial background which had nothing to do with the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any negotiation and poor communication between HR, management and about my start date.