BlackBerry Embedded Software Developer Interview Questions in United States

2.8

Embedded Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry (Dallas, TX (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied online in summmer and I got call from them in spring semester. It was 30 min phone interview taken by 3 managers. They asked me on telecomm and C language. It was not difficult. I screwed because of my own mistake. Hope this will help other who will give it next time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackBerry

Embedded Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied online, and received a mail telling to schedule a date for interview. After that, there were 2 rounds on interview. First on Networking and C. Then they mailed me to choose another date for 2nd round. It was on C and OS.

Interview Questions

• Interview 1:
      Difference between TCP and UDP.
      What is volatile keyword? What does it do? How does a compiler handle a volatile keyword? What problems would happen if we don't use volatile keyword?

• Interview 2:
      static keyword? How does an OS handle it?
      What's a module in C? How to write a module?
      What is inline function? Advantages? How does an OS/memory handle inline functions?
      How does a register work? why is it fast? How many variables can u declare in register?

1 Answer
    • what's the advantage of using pointers? why?
      What is an alias pointer? Advantage? disadvantage? How to prevent pointer aliasing?
      What is virtual memory? How does memory mapping occur? advantages of virtual memory?
      What are semaphores? Why do we use them?
      What is page fault? How does it happen? prevention?

1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. The give a pretty decent salary!!