BlackBerry Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in June 2013.

It was a phone interview for blackberry app internship,all interns were supposed to program & submit app at the end of internship/

Interview Questions
    • What is difference between programming of Blackberry app & android app using Adobe Flex   Answer Question

Channel Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2011.

The interview process is very short in terms of Hierarchy. Once CV is shortlisted by HR they will call to have first round with the immediate Manager and if shortlisted then to meet HOD for final round.
    HOD final call will be the final call for the appointment.

Be specific what you are negotiating and firm if you can justify tat.

Software Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in December 2012.

Held a company interview at a local hotel to recruit for a new project after layoffs at another company. Went there for several different interviews with multiple managers. After that there were more phone conversations, background checks that had to be done, then the offer letter. All of this took a long time because of the different departments and approvals that these new positions had to go through.

Software Test Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at BlackBerry.

A single call from the hiring manager's team members, started out with some behavioral questions (tell me about yourself, talk about resume, projects and extra-curriculars), and then moved on to some software QA questions, very straight forward. I believe the key here is to show how enthusiastic you are and you should be okay.

Interview Questions
    • What is regression testing, Why do u want to be a tester   Answer Question
    No Nego.

Software Validation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at BlackBerry in September 2012.

Very logical and reasoned process. After phone screen by hiring manager, I was called in for a formal interview by the Development team lead. When I arrived, I found 3 separate team leads and a senior manager. Each had excellent interviewing skills, asking difficult questions pertaining to the position. The questions became more detailed as they attempted to find my technical limits. However, the interview was still concluded within one hour.

Interview Questions
    • A question regarding my stance of the balance of product deadlines vs product quality.   View Answer
    Negotiation was simple, I accepted the first offer as it was handsome and slightly higher than expected.

Digital HW Designer Interview

interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2012.

The interview process is very very clear. Phone interview with HR, phone interview with hiring manager, in-person interview with each team member, the interview question is not difficult.
    The HR give offer and then a lot document for background check, reference check, etc.
    On-board is very clear process,

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2011.

Phone interview - lots of technical questions! Brain teasers. Since I was a remote candidate I just did one phone interview. I got my offer just in two weeks. The interviewers were the same people I worked with during my internship. Be prepared to talk about your previous experience and college projects.

Interview Questions
    • What is the angle between the two branches of your clock when it is 3:15?   View Answer
    • Describe two design patterns.   View Answer
    • What IPC stands for? And explain what it is.   View Answer
    • How to sort 2 million 32-bits integer?   View Answer

Software Engineering Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Applied online through the BlackBerry site, was contacted less than a month later by email for a 30 minute phone interview. They sent an offer package a month or so later with about 10 documents that had to be signed and returned via the package that they sent. Overall it was a very smooth process.

Interview Questions
    • What scripting/UNIX projects have you worked on (Difficult for me since I hadn't done any)   View Answer
    They pay for extra luggage bag, airfare (round trip), transport from/to airport and 2 nights in a hotel.

Sddddddd Interview

On the professional front, you have a say in doing things. Most managers, and peers are very accommodating. They listen and value your opinions and approaches. At any level, the management encourages and appreciates taking initiatives and coming up with ideas to solve the problems at hand.

Interview Questions
    • The best part is the work culture which more or less gives you ample personal time for oneself and for one's family. Flexible timings, facility to work from home, freedom to participate in extra curricular and social activities, support for pursuing higher education including monetary and leave support. Working at Oracle means working with freedom and with a feel of security in job!

Answer Question

Radio Software Integration - Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunrise, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2013.

I was emailed about the interview with the scheduled date and time. The phone interview lasted one hour. I was asked questions from everything on my resume. The questions were technical as well as behavorial. Two days later the HR called to inform me I got the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Explain what happens from the time the WiFi adapter is switched on to the moment connection is established. Although I know the answer now, I was not thorough at the time I took the interview.   Answer Question

Worked for BlackBerry? Contribute to the Community!