BlackBerry Interview Questions

Updated 24 Oct 2014

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry in June 2013.

It was a phone interview for blackberry app internship,all interns were supposed to program & submit app at the end of internship/

Interview Questions
    • What is difference between programming of Blackberry app & android app using Adobe Flex   Answer Question

Channel Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in February 2011.

The interview process is very short in terms of Hierarchy. Once CV is shortlisted by HR they will call to have first round with the immediate Manager and if shortlisted then to meet HOD for final round.
    HOD final call will be the final call for the appointment.

Be specific what you are negotiating and firm if you can justify tat.

Systems Engineering Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at BlackBerry.

I cannot speak to whether or not my interview experience is typical of how things are currently done at Blackberry. I was contacted by an internal recruiter back in the days when BlackBerry, nee RIM, was growing at an astounding rate. I wasn't really looking for a new gig, but am loathe to not explore potential opportunities. I agreed to an interview. On my interview day, it was easy to find the right building and security paged my escort to take me to my interview.

I walk into the office of the manager for the group I was interviewing with and met the manager and 4 additional members of the team. So of course I am thinking ok, this could be rigorous. It was a surprisingly casual experience. Coming into this interview I had 15 or so years of experience under my belt. The interview was not very formal at all. In fact it was very much like a casual conversation, which I attribute to the manager, we 'chatted' about tech stuff, and non-tech stuff. The interviewer was able to dig into my experiences and let me elaborate in a manner that didn't feel like I was being grilled. While the interview lasted well over an hour it was truly the most relaxed interview I think I have ever experienced.

After the interview I left and was thinking what a cool interesting and innovative place that would be to work.

About a month later I get a call from the recruiter and am told that they would like to proceed with an offer. The initial offer was pretty good, however I was able to come back and request a bit better compensation. The recruiter and I discussed what I would have wanted the offer to be and took that back to the hiring manager to see if it was acceptable. It took all of a day for her to confirm that my request was approved.

I started work about 3 weeks after that.

Interview Questions
    • I would love to be able to give a specific hard or unexpected question for this interview, I don't have one to provide. I guess if I were to label anything as unexpected it would be the whole casual nature of the interview.   Answer Question
    simple and direct.

Embedded Systems Software Developer Interview

Applied on their website for a different position. I was contacted a month later with an interview for an Embedded System Software Developer position. Soon after I had my first phone interview with the manager, and then a second. First consisted of "fit" questions, and second phone interview was technical questions.

Software Developer Interview

A call from the hiring manager's team members, started out with some behavioral questions (tell me about yourself, talk about resume, projects and extra-curriculars),

Basic behavior questions, nothing difficult, three interviewers at the same time, ppl are nice and talented. Hope the company will turn around.

Software Test Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BlackBerry.

A single call from the hiring manager's team members, started out with some behavioral questions (tell me about yourself, talk about resume, projects and extra-curriculars), and then moved on to some software QA questions, very straight forward. I believe the key here is to show how enthusiastic you are and you should be okay.

Interview Questions
    • What is regression testing, Why do u want to be a tester   Answer Question
    No Nego.

Software Engineering Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Applied online through the BlackBerry site, was contacted less than a month later by email for a 30 minute phone interview. They sent an offer package a month or so later with about 10 documents that had to be signed and returned via the package that they sent. Overall it was a very smooth process.

Interview Questions
    • What scripting/UNIX projects have you worked on (Difficult for me since I hadn't done any)   View Answer
    They pay for extra luggage bag, airfare (round trip), transport from/to airport and 2 nights in a hotel.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Only had one phone interview and there 2 people communicating with me over the phone. The interview lasted thirty minutes and I got a call back the week after my interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would know if a number is divisible by 2?   View Answer

Statistical Methods Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Phone interview, easy going with 2 people usually one HR and another one in the department that you would be working with. Couple of questions of why you want to work at Blackberry or IT, your experience at your past jobs and your school history. Job was focused on handling big databases and your experience in excel (data validation, general analysis

Interview Questions
    • What type of chart would you use in excel if you had to measure an employee's share of hours on a monthly basis?   View Answer

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackBerry.

1. Received email from recruiter to schedule an interview: she seemed very enthusiastic and organized
    2. Phone interview with manager with tech questions (software based, the usual ones)
    3. Phone interview with other manager about problem solving in general
    4. Webcam interview (puke!!) with team members, mostly same questions as # 2
    5. Assignment given: more technical questions, some problem solving questions
    6. In person with manager and director to review assignment and discuss hobbies
    7. Phone interview with VP to discuss career goals and hobbies
    8. Receive offer, accept offer, do background check, submit paperwork, begin working.

Total span was about 2 months from 1 to 8.

Interview Questions
    • How can you store extra information in a linked list without adding a new data member given that the memory is X byte aligned?   View Answer
    Not able to negotiate. My advice is not to be desperate and if you aren't happy, don't take it! Opt out of the bonus for an increase in base salary and ask for more OFFICIAL vacation.