BlackBerry

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Pune

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in June 2013.

Interview Details It was a phone interview for blackberry app internship,all interns were supposed to program & submit app at the end of internship/

Interview Question – What is difference between programming of Blackberry app & android app using Adobe Flex   Answer Question

Channel Sales Manager Interview

Channel Sales Manager
Delhi

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2011.

Interview Details The interview process is very short in terms of Hierarchy. Once CV is shortlisted by HR they will call to have first round with the immediate Manager and if shortlisted then to meet HOD for final round.
HOD final call will be the final call for the appointment.

Negotiation Details – Be specific what you are negotiating and firm if you can justify tat.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Software Developer Co-Op

Interviewed at BlackBerry

Interview Details Only had one phone interview and there 2 people communicating with me over the phone. The interview lasted thirty minutes and I got a call back the week after my interview.

Interview Question – How would know if a number is divisible by 2?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackBerry in June 2010.

Interview Details Lots of technical questions asked. Many programming tasks were presented. Some technical details of older work experience asked. explained about what I would be working for. asked about different programming languages and why i wanted to work for BB.

Interview Question – given a code and asked what multithreading can break in the segment   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2010.

Interview Details Very long interview process, two separate full days speaking to 10+ people each day, including managers, directors, and VPs
The individuals themselves were all very caring of the length of time for the interview
All interviewers had a veto on hires. Getting through the interview process is something to be very happy with.
Each of the interviewers were very helpful in describing what they considered the most important aspects of this role.
Offer negotiations with HR were professional and helpful

Interview Question – How do you handle pressure, and demonstrate a situation in which you were required to.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate, but the offer was higher than expected so there was very little need.

Statistical Methods Analyst Interview

Statistical Methods Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details Phone interview, easy going with 2 people usually one HR and another one in the department that you would be working with. Couple of questions of why you want to work at Blackberry or IT, your experience at your past jobs and your school history. Job was focused on handling big databases and your experience in excel (data validation, general analysis

Interview Question – What type of chart would you use in excel if you had to measure an employee's share of hours on a monthly basis?   View Answer

Software Tester Interview

Software Tester
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details 1. Received email from recruiter to schedule an interview: she seemed very enthusiastic and organized
2. Phone interview with manager with tech questions (software based, the usual ones)
3. Phone interview with other manager about problem solving in general
4. Webcam interview (puke!!) with team members, mostly same questions as # 2
5. Assignment given: more technical questions, some problem solving questions
6. In person with manager and director to review assignment and discuss hobbies
7. Phone interview with VP to discuss career goals and hobbies
8. Receive offer, accept offer, do background check, submit paperwork, begin working.

Total span was about 2 months from 1 to 8.

Interview Question – How can you store extra information in a linked list without adding a new data member given that the memory is X byte aligned?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate. My advice is not to be desperate and if you aren't happy, don't take it! Opt out of the bonus for an increase in base salary and ask for more OFFICIAL vacation.

Radio Software Developer, Interview

Radio Software Developer,

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2010.

Interview Details For interns you submit a resume, transcript online. If you are selected then Phone-Interview of 1 hour. During the interview they asked a question from each of my completed 3rd software engineering courses.

Interview Question – What is does the keyword volatile mean?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation because it was a standard Intern offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details one phone interview, one face to face interview. they are both regular interviews.
then one background check which really takes time. I remember it took me 3 weeks to get my conditional offer confirmed.

Interview Question – Tell us a time that you did not meet your manager's expectation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Victoria, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in June 2014.

Interview Details Applied through campus recruitment. Positive phone interview conducted by two technical people. They are very nice and erase my nervousness totally. Most questions are behavior questions. Talk a lot about my previous experience.

Interview Question – If you only have one choice, do you prefer to work on time or correctly?   View Answer

Worked for BlackBerry? Contribute to the Community!