BlackBerry

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Sunrise, FL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2011.

Interview Details Very straightforward and technical questions were mostly from what I claimed to know in my resume.

Interview Question – Where title would you like to pursue in the next five years.   Answer Question

Mechanical Designer Internship Interview

Mechanical Designer Internship
Sunrise, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details The interview was based only in two questions, and the last question was to give an answer in a concept of mechanical engineering. I guess was not bad for an interview with them. Unfortunately, no answer since then (at least from the company if I was accepted or not), however, the HR said that they choose a candidate and those ones rejected received an email notifying. Email which I never received and thank I wonder to ask, if not I'll be still waiting for a response

Wireless IOT Interview

Wireless IOT
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2012.

Interview Details It was a telephonic interview before onsite.
The interview was easy. The interviewer was cool and supportive.
Most of the questions he asked were from resume. He asked me to explain MIMO, difference between spatial diversity and spatial multiplexing, PAPR in OFDMA, ISI mitigation in OFDM, hidden terminal issue, CSMA CA, difference between TCP and UDP, Active states in bluetooth, DNS call flow.

Interview Question – Most of the questions are from my resume. So it wasn't difficult.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had another offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details You ll have 1 Hr round and a onsite interview

Interview Question – Most difficult part was from algos   Answer Question

Embedded Engineer Intern Interview

Embedded Engineer Intern

Interviewed at BlackBerry

Interview Details Applied on their website, got a call to schedule and interview.

Interview Question – Difference between programming on an embedded system and a PC   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in May 2011.

Interview Details They went straight to an onsite interview. We went through my resume and they asked some behavioral questions. Not much technical other than what I knew about the programming languages on my resume. Very friendly people!

Interview Question – Name a few weaknesses   View Answer

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details Sent resume on campus job fair. Got a email notification for a 30-minutes phone interview 3 weeks after that job fair. The phone interview has nothing to do with technical problems. The interviewer first introduce the basic information of their company and their development teams. Then he just asked several questions about the resume. Then, he asked about the biggest coding project you did before.

Interview Question – How many classes have you did in your previous project?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Sunrise, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details two phone interviews

Interview Question – interview was generic, based totally on resume.   Answer Question

Software Test Associate Interview

Software Test Associate
Milford, CT (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2012.

Interview Details Had a technical phone interview which included general questions about your resume, puzzles ( One i can think of is: why is manhole round?), products and application. It is better to do research in detail about the company, familiarity with any testing experience before?

Interview Question – tools that you have worked with, in testing?   Answer Question

Software Developer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details First did a phone interview, which was half technical half behavioral. Was called back to do an inperson interview which lasted most of the day. I was interviewed by different people, in different areas of the company. The first interview was technical while the others were more behavioral, to see if I would fit the office's environment.

Interview Question – Coding question was to make a spell checker, which was not too bad.   Answer Question