BlackRock

Updated 9 Nov 2014

3.2

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BlackRock.

These people ask basic java question, as people in blackrock are not that technically sound and work mainly on perl, m-perl

1 week

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BlackRock in September 2013.

Got a referral for BlackRock.
    Then i received a call from the HR. I had an offer in hand,so the HR wanted to discuss the salary before even having a telephonic technical discussion/screening.

Telephonic Interviewer again started discussing salary first. I do not know why they are fearing screening people. See whether you need him/her first.

I always used to think a product base firm like BlackRock pays higher than others. But its a myth.

Interview Questions
    • We cannot offer you the package you already have. Would you want to continue the interview ?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BlackRock in April 2013.

There are 5 technical+1 HR rounds in total in which 1 is telephonic and 4 are Video Conferencing.

Better Oppurtunity

Analyst Interview

5 Technical interviews with the team with which you would be working.
    1 HR interview
    1 interview with the manager

Interview Questions
    • What you liked most about your present company and what would you like to change in it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackRock in March 2013.

Directly called me for interview. Asked about my CV. projects I had done.
    Then numerical questions on bonds, mortgages, derivatives were asked. They ask us to explain everything in detail.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to derive certain formulas we use in Finance. You need to be very clear about basics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

Started with a phone interview with a VP in the group. Asked me to walk through my resume and explain how my experience with my current firm prepared me for that role. Later that afternoon HR contacted me to set up onsite interviews. I met with analysts and associates on the team as well as the VP. Questions were mostly fit, but they did ask if I followed financial news and what stories I found interesting. You need to truly understand what you are talking about, not simply repeat words from the articles. They will test your knowledge. Also, know why you want to work at Blackrock particularly the group you're interviewing with. I was then brought back in for another interview with the Director and Managing Director. Both were pleasant, explained their expectations, but mostly wanted know if I had any questions about the role.

Interview Questions
    • What are your thoughts on Pimco and Bill Gross leaving? What do you think this means for BlackRock?   Answer Question
    HR tried to lowball me. I countered with a range and they came back within my range.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

Resume submit on school career website - on campus interview - on site interview. I had a super day at the end of October and now I'm waiting. It's been over a week -- anyone heard back?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

A few rounds involving resume screening, phone interview, superday. Each step was generally behavioral based. Each interview was with a different person, so questions were fairly consistent and revolved around company knowledge, field knowledge, and group knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining why that group in particular was the best fit for me over others.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Applied via College Career Center. Heard back and was asked to submit responses through Montage Video Center. General fit questions like "Why BlackRock," etc. Be sure to know why you are applying to your specific division/group. So far, communications with the recruiters have been very friendly. Still waiting to hear back about this round.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you have had to be creative and how it went.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

Applied online and got an email from HR regarding the next steps. We set up an interview date and place. I received an interview schedule with the name of the people I would meet.

Interview Questions
    • What did I know about the company?
      Why this job?