BlackRock

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details These people ask basic java question, as people in blackrock are not that technically sound and work mainly on perl, m-perl

Interview Question – May ask some finance terms   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 1 week

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at BlackRock in September 2013.

Interview Details Got a referral for BlackRock.
Then i received a call from the HR. I had an offer in hand,so the HR wanted to discuss the salary before even having a telephonic technical discussion/screening.

Telephonic Interviewer again started discussing salary first. I do not know why they are fearing screening people. See whether you need him/her first.

I always used to think a product base firm like BlackRock pays higher than others. But its a myth.

Interview Question – We cannot offer you the package you already have. Would you want to continue the interview ?   View Answer

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackRock in April 2013.

Interview Details There are 5 technical+1 HR rounds in total in which 1 is telephonic and 4 are Video Conferencing.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better Oppurtunity

Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackRock in March 2013.

Interview Details Directly called me for interview. Asked about my CV. projects I had done.
Then numerical questions on bonds, mortgages, derivatives were asked. They ask us to explain everything in detail.

Interview Question – They asked me to derive certain formulas we use in Finance. You need to be very clear about basics.   Answer Question

Interviewed at BlackRock

Interview Details 5 Technical interviews with the team with which you would be working.
1 HR interview
1 interview with the manager

Interview Question – What you liked most about your present company and what would you like to change in it.   Answer Question

Interviewed at BlackRock

Interview Details First round on campus & final round super day (4 hours) in the office. Super day consisted of a 3 on 1 interview and a group teamwork project with other candidates interviewing.

Interview Question – Understand what is going on with macroeconomic events.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details The whole process took about two months, mostly waiting for their calls. I got the first call in a week after submitting the application online
The process was meeting HR ->VP->Director & Teammate->Written test. Generally asked about working experience and what is expected from BlackRock
The HR arrangement was a bit messy

Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details 2 HR interviews on the phone and connected with higher management for referral. Asked basic questions like why blackrock and why the position? Still waiting to hear back for next steps, so hopefully!

Negotiation Details – Still waiting to hear back so...

Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details Took about a month for the whole process. Applied online, received phone interview (with HR)-tell my about your resume, background, etc. general questions. Then group interview with managers (3) about 30 mins. each.

Interview Question – Why BlackRock?
What is an put/call?
Tell me about your resume (Walk them through it)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate but was unsuccessful, I just accepted their initial offer.

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details Phone interview followed by on site. One person on phone will ask basic fit questions. On site there were at least eight interviewers from different departments. Various technical questions, and situation based questions are asked.

Interview Question – A mathematical based questions required to calculate how many diamonds of 1 ct can you fit into a room   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had another offer

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!