BlackRock

Getting the Interview

29 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details These people ask basic java question, as people in blackrock are not that technically sound and work mainly on perl, m-perl

Interview Question – May ask some finance terms   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 1 week

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at BlackRock in September 2013.

Interview Details Got a referral for BlackRock.
Then i received a call from the HR. I had an offer in hand,so the HR wanted to discuss the salary before even having a telephonic technical discussion/screening.

Telephonic Interviewer again started discussing salary first. I do not know why they are fearing screening people. See whether you need him/her first.

I always used to think a product base firm like BlackRock pays higher than others. But its a myth.

Interview Question – We cannot offer you the package you already have. Would you want to continue the interview ?   View Answer

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackRock in April 2013.

Interview Details There are 5 technical+1 HR rounds in total in which 1 is telephonic and 4 are Video Conferencing.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better Oppurtunity

Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackRock in March 2013.

Interview Details Directly called me for interview. Asked about my CV. projects I had done.
Then numerical questions on bonds, mortgages, derivatives were asked. They ask us to explain everything in detail.

Interview Question – They asked me to derive certain formulas we use in Finance. You need to be very clear about basics.   Answer Question

Interviewed at BlackRock

Interview Details 5 Technical interviews with the team with which you would be working.
1 HR interview
1 interview with the manager

Interview Question – What you liked most about your present company and what would you like to change in it.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details Phone interview followed by on site. One person on phone will ask basic fit questions. On site there were at least eight interviewers from different departments. Various technical questions, and situation based questions are asked.

Interview Question – A mathematical based questions required to calculate how many diamonds of 1 ct can you fit into a room   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had another offer

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackRock in January 2011.

Interview Details Candidates are initially screened by HR representatives. Those that pass the first round are then reviewed by anywhere from 2-4 full time employees, with those reviewers ranging from analysts to director level personnel. Then there will be an initial phone screen by a hiring committee manager. If the candidate seems like they will be a good personality fit, they are brought in for a "super day" interview, where they will see up to 6 other people, often being interviewed in a panel format. There will also be a group exercise to test their teamworking and critical thinking skills.

Interview Question – When have you been innovative or entrepreneurial? What is the biggest challenged you've faced so far?   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BlackRock in January 2014.

Interview Details Fairly drawn out process, several interviews with different groups, finally met with my target group and interviewed with 3 md's and a vp. The recruiter that I had been in touch with was particularly helpful.

Interview Question – No real technicals--unexpected questions were more just diving deep into my answers on behaviorals   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at BlackRock in December 2012.

Interview Details Got an interview for risk analyst. been interviewed by 3 different people, about 30 min each. very straight forward, non tricky questions. technical and competency based questions.

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details first round interviews on campus. super-days are all day with back to back. lunch break with analysts. mostly were behavior interviews, knowledge of finance, why this firm, why this industry/asset management.

Negotiation Details – NA. general analyst class

Interviews for Top Jobs at BlackRock

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BlackRock Analyst interview questions and advice. All 29 interview reviews posted anonymously by BlackRock employees and interview candidates.