BlackRock Intern Interview Questions

Updated 2 Mar 2015
Updated 2 Mar 2015

3.2

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

4 interviews, all competency based. Took place on the same day along side a written question about the motivation to work at the firm. There was also a presentation about the firm from a current graduate in which some candidates let themselves down with unnecessary questions which stood out to the manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

I applied online. Then I received email about vedio interview. I was required to log on a system then record interview. There was only two questions. After presented the question, I was given 10 minutes to prepare. First question is why this university and why this major. Second question is why this company why this position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Applied online. Received a request for a video interview screen. I was given ten minutes to prepare for each question and two minutes to respond. I only had one chance to record each answer. After I submitted the videos, I got an email for a followup interview a couple days later.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a video interview over a skype-like service. They asked me behavioral questions. It was very based on my resume and past experience. I was interviewed by a second-year analyst. I felt like I was under pressure the entire time and she was waiting for me to make a mistake. To be fair, it was one of my first interview experiences so it may have been more difficult for me than others.

Interview Questions

• What is a trend in finance you have been following?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Mostly competency based. Be prepared for standard 'fit' questions as well, and be ready to walk them through your resume. The technicals were relatively straightforward.

Consisted of two 30 minute interviews.

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied online and received an email about an interview. Had a phone interview where they asked me some questions about java and a few about how some current events would affect certain markets. Was not prepared for it at all.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

1st round is Phone call (one manager from ProdOps and one manager from DBA), lasts for 1 hour; and then the second round is video conference, three rounds in total.

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview on campus for the tech internship. The interviewer was friendly, but didn't ask really anything about me, just explained the position and BlackRock. Then we worked through a problem of how I would approach organizing a set of data. Overall, was a good experience, took them a week to offer a second round

Interview Questions

• How I would set up a set of data to tailor to the client's request?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackRock (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

1st round - phone call from HR
    2nd round - VC interview

Was quite rigorous but not many technical questions were asked. mainly background checks and knowing your personality.

Phone call was with the HR manager based in India. She asked basic questions and was rather straightforward.

Second round was a VC interview with a senior associate and a line manager. took about 1 hr for the interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted by my campus recruiter to set up an on campus interview. Interview went fairly well. Questions involved some basic OOP concepts and the use of data structures. Three weeks later, I was called into the San Francisco office for a second round of interviews which went well. Second round consisted of around four interviews and questions were all mostly related to JAVA concepts and general system design.