BlackRock Interview Questions

Updated 24 Oct 2014
Updated 24 Oct 2014

3.1

Vice President Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at BlackRock.

The interview process is very long and tiring with schedule changes keep happening. This involves speaking with global counterpart and multiple local colleagues. It requires patience and commitment to complete this process.

Analyst, Aladdin and Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in September 2014.

First round was telephonic.In the first round they asked about the framework used in automation testing.Basic questions of java like How to write your own exception class,Arraylist and linkedlist.
    Manual testing questions like STLC.In the second round the questions were more detailed and scenario based like what methodologies you follow in your company etc.Difference between hashmap and hashset.Advantages of hashmap etc

Client Reporting Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in June 2014.

phone interview by HR person followed by interview by team members. Questions from team members were mainly behavioral and lasted for an hour. This was followed by an Excel test which was of average difficulty. The team member assessed me on the basis of how I assessed myself without even looking at my test file.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you rate your excel skills on a scale of 1 to 10?   Answer Question

PAG Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

Got offer through on campus recruiting.

First round: Mostly fit questions. It was all fun and games. I didn't feel like the interviewer was taking me seriously (body language) until it was my turn to ask him questions. Fortunately, I had a friend who knew some people at BlackRock that I had contacted before and so I knew enough about the functioning of the company to ask interesting questions. Pro Tip: Understand what the PAG position IS. Know the green package process. Also, for market questions, actually do your research and read some of the reports that BlackRock publishes. You might also want to study up some treasury reports about the state of asset management. That's when he suddenly became a lot more interested. Know what tapering is.

Second round: There were four interviewers who took turns to ask us questions (each student stayed in a room and the interviewers would come to them). There were some fit questions, but they seemed a lot more interested in figuring out my ability to explain things. I got asked a few questions about the market which weren't awfully hard. They also asked me what the economic indicators were for that day (Dow Jones Index, NASDAQ, BlackRock's stock, S&P500). I didn't really have time that morning to memorize those numbers...I was only able to jot them down in my padfolio. Honestly, I just read those answers...the interviewers noticed and then asked me about market trends. They didn't seem to mind that I had written the answers down. They just sort of laughed it off. The fact that I had prepared those questions was important enough. I'm an engineer, so there seemed to also be some concern over whether I was really committed to finance...something I was apparently able to persuade them that I was able to do. KNOW about BlackRock and what it cares about. PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR FIRST ROUND INTERVIEWER. Anticipate those questions in your first round interview and figure out what the firm is about... If you look at the job description on their website, for example, you'll see that BlackRock really prides itself on being the intersection between Silicon Valley and Wall Street. Keep that in mind during the interview.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation...and honestly, of all the offers I got, BlackRock offered the most in compensation.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackRock in December 2013.

Campus hiring, one online test, two lengthy interviews ( 50 min approx. each). Wasn't selected. Puzzle based questions, technical (Finance based), CV intensive questions. They put a lot of emphasis on your CV, they'll grill you on everything you've written on your CV. Though they've very friendly panel, and yes panel consists of 2-4 people.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was that difficult as most of the questions were based on CV.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BlackRock.

These people ask basic java question, as people in blackrock are not that technically sound and work mainly on perl, m-perl

1 week

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in October 2013.

Got a call through a consultancy firm

Interview Questions
    • Explain the flow how the sql statement is executed inside the database   View Answer
    They are very rigid about the compensation.

C++ Developer In Financial Modeling Part Interview

telephonic round

Interview Questions
    • questions asked: 1) Introduce yourself
      2) told me about blackrock
      3) rate yourself on the scale of 10
      4) explain encapsulation, abstraction
      5) diff between struct and class
      6) do we have interfaces in C++, how can we apply them
      7) virtual functions,pure virtual functions.
      8) runtime and compile time polymorphism
      9) stack , list,set, hashmap
      10) sql
        Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BlackRock in September 2013.

Got a referral for BlackRock.
    Then i received a call from the HR. I had an offer in hand,so the HR wanted to discuss the salary before even having a telephonic technical discussion/screening.

Telephonic Interviewer again started discussing salary first. I do not know why they are fearing screening people. See whether you need him/her first.

I always used to think a product base firm like BlackRock pays higher than others. But its a myth.

Interview Questions
    • We cannot offer you the package you already have. Would you want to continue the interview ?   View Answer

Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackRock.

Call from HUMAN RESOURCE, Written test with Excel and fiance questions, 3 rounds of interview, interview with process head then final negotiation with HR. It is same as most companies followed in Delhi NCR.