Blackboard

36 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Internal Communications Manager Interview

Washington, DC (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Blackboard in January 2014.

Interview Details Phone interview with HR recruiter, then four interviews with two team members, Director or Global Talent Acquisition, and VP of Communications. It took four weeks to go in for the in-person interviews. After the in-person interview, all communications from Blackboard ceased and I have seen the job re-posted twice on job boards. Still have not received an offer or a rejection--even after reaching out to the HR recruiter AND the VP.

Interview Question – Describe to me how you handled a stressful situation.   Answer Question

Service Delivery Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Blackboard.

Interview Details It was a short first telephone screening with one of the recruiters in the US. The recruiter told me that I would get feedback until a specific date. Since I had no news I sent two e-mails in a time span of 20 days, to ask about the progress of my application, but the recruiter never replied.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, it was a half an hour screening.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Carbondale, IL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Blackboard in May 2011.

Interview Details They questioned me then gave me a lateral thinking test, then I had to troubleshoot a PC problem. They gave me static IP information but no DNS servers.

Interview Question – Explain what you are passionate about in IT and how you hope to contribute to the field as your career develops?   View Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blackboard.

Interview Details There was an initial phone interview from their internal recruiter then a couple other phone interviews with senior management of the division you were applying for. Then they bring you into their DC headquarters for a face to face and meet the team.

Interview Question – Doing a role play with two senior managers. Wasn't expecting it, but he said to sell him the product or services of my last job. Act as if they are the decision makers and I was talking to them, in a first meeting scenario. I wasn't prepared for it, but did fine.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Level II Support Interview

Sherman Oaks, CA (US)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Blackboard in May 2011.

Interview Details I was part of a company merger. There was no interview processs

Interview Question – Blackboard asks for self-evaluations as part of their annual review, but I have never received feedback from my evaluation.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Blackboard.

Interview Details Phone interview, was asked specific details about every skill listed. Face to face, interviewer talked about hockey and 80's bands.

Interview Question – Do you play hockey?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was told that company is a great place to work and that there was all sorts of ways to advance and grow professionally.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager

Interviewed at Blackboard

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter to interview for this position, after an interview with the recruiter, I was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager. Following that, I met in person with the hiring manager, and a team of people that I would be working with if I accepted the position. During the interview process, I needed to prepare a non-technical presentation for clients. My presentation skills were critiqued, and ultimately I was offered the job.

Interview Question – How would my past experience prepare me for selling a "plug and play"application?   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Washington, DC (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Blackboard in June 2009.

Interview Details Met with four people over 2 days. Two would be colleagues two would be supervisors/management. Questions were 60/40 personality/work style and technical. The focus was on who you were after the tech bonifides were determined. Honest about compensation and advancement, I didn't feel I was snowed at all once I was hired.

Interview Question – Despite this being an individual contributor position not related to the education based product I was asked about my thoughts on the industry and how Blackboard could make an impact.   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Solutions Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Blackboard.

Interview Details The first interview was via phone with the immediate manager, it was very relaxed, most of all the manager wanted to know how I would fit in the position, my working style and how much I knew about the market and job responsibilities.

The second (and third) interviews were with the (Senior) Account Executives with whom I would be working and the Director Sales. The interview with the Account Executives were about how much I knew about the customer needs, the trends, the market, and so on while the interview with the Director Sales was more focused in my sales approach.

Interview Question – A mock presentation to measure my presentation / selling skills   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Blackboard in January 2012.

Interview Details Standard for developers: screening interview, technical interview with the highest developer manager within division (my boss's boss), in-person round with 3 short interviews by potential coworkers.
HR was willing to work with me in finding a position that best suited my needs and interest.
I felt valued throughout the process.

Interview Question – I don't remember specifically but it involved choosing the best combination of an ordered data structure and a sorting algorithm.
Needless to say, I failed this question - still got the job!
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had another offer and demanded a 10K increase, to which they offered a 20K increase.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blackboard

Worked for Blackboard? Contribute to the Community!

Blackboard Videos

Blackboard – Why Work for Us?

We are here to reimagine education. We're shaping the future of education with big ideas that challenge conventional thinking and advance new models of learning. Every day we're inspiring people to find new ways to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blackboard interview questions and advice. All 36 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Blackboard employees and interview candidates.