Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct 2014
1,870 Interview Reviews

3.1

Pricing Contributions Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied online and received a call for telephone interview. It lasted about 40 mins and questions ranged from my current job, why I wish to leave, problems faced at the job, how I would add value to the position, what does Bloomberg do, about financial markets and where would I expect to see myself 2 years down the line. The interviewer was pretty friendly and told me that they would get back to me if I had been shortlisted. Waiting to know.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

Call from HR in Singapore. Arranged a phone interview for a week later. Heard back a week later for a video conf interview for the following week. Heard back a week later saying application wasn't successful.

Interview Questions
    • General interview questions . Why Bloomberg? Why this role.   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Got a call from Singapore for the first HR Round, consisted of brief behavioral questions.

Why Bloomberg? Strengths/weaknesses etc

Second round was from a Manager, was technical based on your CV. Was asked to pitch a stock, how much i know of the Bloomberg Terminal, a bit quantitative.

Analytics Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2011.

You need to apply online for any job at Bloomberg. You get a better chance at getting called for an interview in there is an internal employee referral. There are usually three rounds of interviews. In the first round, you will be asked more Market related questions. The second and third round are more about getting to know you and your aptitude to sell. Eg- Sell a pencil to me

Interview Questions
    • The questions are usually about the markets, so it could be unpredictable or difficult at times. They love the Fixed Income markets so expect more questions on that.   Answer Question
    No, Bloomberg has fixed bands and rarely negotiates. However, as it offers more than the industry standards, you would be more than happy with the offer.

Software Developer Interview

If you apply through an on campus recruiter, you will first go through an on campus interview most probably. If not then a phone interview. There are a total of about 3 interview, before you get called on site for the final interviews. You get your decision pretty soon after.

Interview Questions
    • Given two arrays of sorted integers, how would you find the minimum difference in O(n) time.   View Answer

Financial Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Had four on-campus interviews following a career fair--three technical and one with an HR guy. I was allowed to use any language. There were six questions. Two were about implementing some common function, such as a String class constructor. One required partitioning a list around a given element. One required merging two schedules that might overlap in some parts into one schedule. The last two are described below.

Interview Questions
    • You're given a binary tree--not necessarily complete or proper--and you need to give each node a "friend" pointer that points to the node to its right in the tree. This node is on the same level but is not necessarily a sibling, which makes the problem a little tricky. The friend pointer of the node farthest to the right on each level should be null.   View Answer
    • You're given two arrays of the same size filled with positive integers, and an integer 0 <= N <= 255. You need to determine whether N can be written as the sum of some number from the first array and some number from the second array.   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Got a first round interview through school career fair. First round interview was technical from the start, asked for a brief introduction about myself and then went straight to coding. Given a piece of paper and asked to code live. Mostly data structures questions and anything you said to have known on your resume. So hopped from topic to topic based on what you had down as knowing. Second round also very technical was almost 3 hours in nature and very intensive.

Interview Questions
    • Define an algorithm that given a string of words will be able to sort and find most common occurrences of subsequent characters.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

2 to 1 on-campus interview. They first let me explained projects I did, and then get right to the point---write code on paper. Two interviewers, each of them gave me one problem. The first one is to reverse a singly linked list. The other is copy a block of memory to destination (I don't think the problem was well defined, although I tried to make it clear). I was not satisfied with my performance, though the interviewers are helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Copy a block of memory from source to destination. You need to consider the overlapping cases. Yet I don't think copy from behind will solve the problem. Because the memory may overlap at the beginning. So a pre-check of overlapping region is necessary. In my view, for a typical copy operation the source should not be overwritten, but the answer allows for that. I was pretty confused...   View Answers (2)

Software Developer Interview

interview in college, I submit my CV and they arrange an interview in college. They test my basis knowledge of C++ and skills in solving algorithm problems, the algorithm part is easy, but I fail to answer the basis knowledge of C++ well.

Interview Questions
    • char a[27]; strcpy(a,"abc");
      explain the result if we printf a[3] and a[14];
        Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Phone interview was quite basic, as already described.
    In-house was structured in such a way that no question was neutral. (Ie. Not "why we should hire you", but rather "Honestly, from your Cv I can't see why should we hire you").
    I guess they want to see how you cope with stress.

Most questions are listed already, some others came from my cv and answers, so it's rather pointless to list them, but beware of what you say, if you lie it might fire back.

Interview Questions
    • Why would Tesco use our terminal? Who would you target there if you were to try and sell one?   Answer Question