Bloomberg L.P.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
Mumbai

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

Interview Details Call from HR in Singapore. Arranged a phone interview for a week later. Heard back a week later for a video conf interview for the following week. Heard back a week later saying application wasn't successful.

Interview Question – General interview questions . Why Bloomberg? Why this role.   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Intern Interview

Sales and Analytics Intern
Mumbai

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details Got a call from Singapore for the first HR Round, consisted of brief behavioral questions.

Why Bloomberg? Strengths/weaknesses etc

Second round was from a Manager, was technical based on your CV. Was asked to pitch a stock, how much i know of the Bloomberg Terminal, a bit quantitative.

Interview Question – Five Buy Suggestion listed at the BSE.   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

Interview Details Had an initial phone interview with HR. Very quick and easy. Go over resume. What do you know about the role? Why do you want to work at Bloomberg? Then I got contacted to go up to New York for second round interview. Shadowed an analyst for an hour, had an hour interview with two people, then toured the building for an hour. During interview had to sell a new iPhone app I just bought, answer some what if scenarios about time management and prioritizing. Overall not bad. Got asked to come back in the afternoon for final round. Interviewed with one senior director. Much tougher than the previous interviews. Had to make another sales pitch. Asked how many computers do you think Bloomberg owns around the world.

Interview Question – How many computers do you think Bloomberg owns globally?   Answer Question

Financial Products Sales and Analytics Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2014.

Interview Details Phone interview: resume walkthrough, behavioral questions, why finance, why Bloomberg. The next day I received an invitation for in-house interview at their HQ in NYC. They fly you in, car service to the hotel. Hotel's only a block away from the office.
First part of the day is sitting with different employees, then 2:1 interview with managers, building tour, then wait for HR. If they want you, you'll stay for the afternoon. If not, they'll escort you out aka you're not getting an offer, aka you have the rest of the day to wander around NYC until your flight that night.

Interview Questions

Financial Applications Developer Interview

New York, NY (US)

I interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2013.

Interview Details I met one recruiter in a on campus info session. Applied online and got an phone interview invitation pretty soon. The interviewer was nice, and asked me a bunch of brain teaser(might have something to do with probability). After one week, I got a positive feed back and was invited to an on-site interview plus company tour.

Interview Question – The phone interview is pretty easy. The on-site one is more technical and they did ask some concept that I did not know of.   Answer Question

Financial Products Sales and Analytics Interview

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details I submitted my resume online. The following week, I received an e-mail asking to set up a phone interview. Had the phone interview a few days later. The interview was short...the interviewer seemed in a bit of a rush. Asked me about myself, what I knew about Bloomberg, what my understanding of the position was, etc.

Interview Question – Nothing too unexpected.   Answer Question

Financial Product Sales and Analytics Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2014.

Interview Details Had two rounds of interviews, first one was suppposed to be a 15 minute telephone interview with HR, but was with the team leader and 45 minutes in the end. Next round was with the team leader and a team member. You really have to know a lot about the terminals and how you would sell them to potential clients.
Communication with HR was rather poor (different interviewer and wrong emails).

Interview Question – You really have to know why Bloomberg adds value for clients   Answer Question

Global Data Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details A HR rep contacted me with times that work for me. She called me in the beginning of the time window that worked for me. The interviewer had little personality and took no time to actually get to know me beyond the few questions she had to ask.

Interview Question – What will your legacy be at your college five years from now?   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Intern Interview

Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2013.

Interview Details The interview process wasn't overly strenuous but was not a walk in the park. The applicant field was quite large as you can imagine. Just be relaxed and prepared. Most of the interview questions already posted on here are accurate. If you know current market events, how basic financial instruments work, and information about Bloomberg you will be fine.

Interview Question – Explain to me as much as you can about Thomson Reuters Eikon.   Answer Question

Global Data Intern Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details Applied online in November and have been invited to a telephone interview in February. The telephone interview was short and covered general questions such as "Why Bloomberg?", "Why Global Data?", "What are the major problems Bloomberg may be facing?"
After 2 weeks I have been interview to a face to face interview, which lasted 50 minutes. I was with 2 employees and I found them very friendly and kind. The interview turned out to be like a chat with a friend about my personal life choices. After a week i received an offer.

Interview Question – Why Bloomberg and not investment banks?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomberg L.P.

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!

Bloomberg L.P. – Why Work for Us?

Bloomberg’s global mission is to help individuals, enterprises and governments make smarter, faster, more profitable decisions — first. In order to get there, we need constant ideas, energy, innovation— which is where… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloomberg L.P. interview questions and advice. All 1,613 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Bloomberg L.P. employees and interview candidates.