Bloomberg L.P.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
Mumbai

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

Interview Details Call from HR in Singapore. Arranged a phone interview for a week later. Heard back a week later for a video conf interview for the following week. Heard back a week later saying application wasn't successful.

Interview Question – General interview questions . Why Bloomberg? Why this role.   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Intern Interview

Sales and Analytics Intern
Mumbai

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details Got a call from Singapore for the first HR Round, consisted of brief behavioral questions.

Why Bloomberg? Strengths/weaknesses etc

Second round was from a Manager, was technical based on your CV. Was asked to pitch a stock, how much i know of the Bloomberg Terminal, a bit quantitative.

Interview Question – Five Buy Suggestion listed at the BSE.   Answer Question

Financial Software Developer Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2014.

Interview Details Technology interview, Very friendly interviewers
Q1, What is a static variable? What is a static function? Think of a case where you can make use of static variable or static function.
Q2, Implement a basic traverse tree in java. Print out the nodes in a tree from left to right/ from right to left.

Interview Question – Tree Traversal   Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details I applied online on february 2014 and after three or four weeks I was contacted by email and they asked me when it was possible to schedule an interview. After the interview was booked, I had the interview. It was about my knowledge of the role and my knowledge of the company.

Interview Question – A question asking me to explain how financial markets behave.   View Answer

Editorial Intern In A European Bureau Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2013.

Interview Details The hiring process lasted several weeks. I had several phone interviews -- some of which were with HR and then one or two interview with actual editors. This was on top of a 2 hour long writing test, which required rewriting several paragraphs, writing headlines, writing my own obituary and identifying certain business people, politicians, companies and institutions.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of?   View Answer
  • What would you do if a mistake you made potentially cost clients millions of dollars?   Answer Question

GLOBAL DATA PLACEMENT Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details The first round interview is phone interview,I received a phone interview 3 months after my application.The hr ask me to go through my CV in phone interview, the whole process takes around 30 minutes, I received notification to next round interview in a months' time.

Economy Reporter Interview

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details very long, did 8 interviews. The last interview was with chief of newsroom in ny mr. M W. your to-be-managers will help you with how to answer questions for the interviews with high-ups, i.e. if he/she likes you enough to include you on your team.

Interview Question – who do you admire the most and why   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – was not able to raise from the offered amount received.

Financial Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in September 2013.

Interview Details I was interviewed on campus ( University of Maryland ,college park ) . I got a call through career fair . The first interview happened at the fair itself, I was asked a simple mathematical questions , and a simple programming questions .
Then there were 2 back to back tech interview . Some of the questions that were asked :
          Given a list of exchange rates , between several currencies . Find out if it is possible to profit while moving through currency , exchanging , and ending up at the same currency you started with .
          There was a question about implementing vectors ( from STL ) .
         To implement a queue by using stacks .

Third interview was a not really technical although person asked me about python , asked me to write some basic code in python .

Interview Question – The question about inner workings of templates in C++, syntax etc , was unexpected . I had coded and prepared from a more algorithm and data structure point of view . I knew some these c++ internals , but that was not the skill i was showcasing . I have given other interviews , and such software companies ,rarely ask these language specific questions . As a result whatever interviews i gave post this one , i claimed to know only C, lol.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not do much negotiation . I had only one offer back then .

Full Time Software Developer Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied online through career website, Selected for campus interview. Two interviewers took the first round. Supposed to 45 mins interview but they took it for 1 hour 15 mins. Asked about resume and from there asked about memory optimization, word padding. Gave struct with int and bool in it and asked me to optimize the size of it. Later asked to write code on tree traversing which was easy. But grilled lot on Memory optimization, which i was not really prepare for!

Interview Question – Memory optimization in Struct, word padding.   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Role Interview

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in April 2014.

Interview Details Bloomberg
-self-introduction
-group discussion
-> give suggestions to Bloomberg to attract candidates to apply the jobs
-> ask the investors questions to get more information e.g. prefer high risk or low risk
 and give suggestions to her (must be supported by the news)

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomberg L.P.

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!

Bloomberg L.P. – Why Work for Us?

Bloomberg’s global mission is to help individuals, enterprises and governments make smarter, faster, more profitable decisions — first. In order to get there, we need constant ideas, energy, innovation— which is where… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloomberg L.P. interview questions and advice. All 1,600 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Bloomberg L.P. employees and interview candidates.