Bloomberg L.P.

2,021 Interview Reviews

3.1

C++ Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

I had applied on company website around a month back for 5 to 6 C++ developer positions. In next week of applying, I got 3 mails from Bloomberg, 2 of which said they are not going to consider my candidature for the post I have applied. However, for one of the C++ developer post, the mail said that we would like to conduct a telephonic interview. I told the availability. The first round interview was positive and easy for me. The interviewer used hackerrank tool for me to code a simple programming problem - find the no. of words in a given string. The words could be separated by space, tab, new line characters. Second question was to tell the constructor and destructor call order in an inheritance hierarchy. Third question was to tell where will the variables will be allocated in memory, there was a global, some local, a global char pointer, a char array, and a local static variable. Fourth question was how to determine the theoretical limit of memory that can be accessed?

After this, I got a mail saying the business wants my candidature to the next stage. Second round was scheduled after 5 days of the mail. In the interview they asked about my projects work and the technology I used. I described the projects. They wanted to check if I was part of implementation or not. Then they jumped onto technical interview. They just asked one programming problem : Dutch National Flag problem. Given a string of R, G, B : RGGBRRBBGG, write a function to arrange it in the order of the characters, all same characters clubbed together, in the order of characters. So the output should be: RRRGGGGBBB
    I could do it in an hour correctly (I guess I unnecessarily took more time than required to code this problem). I ran and the answer was fine. They said its correct. They asked a couple of questions around it like what all inputs would you give to test your function. And what is the complexity of the function, etc.

My fingers crossed now !! If I will be getting any more calls, I don't know.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult if you prepare well and if you know how to code.   Answer Question

C++ Gateway Developer, Pune, India Interview

I applied on the company website.
    Got a mail stating they wanted a telephonic interview.
    Its a code sharing tool by hackerrank ,”codepair”.
    Where both you and interviewer share screen and you can type the code whatever he asks for
    Interviewer showed up 40 min late and I was about to leave the site, when my phone rang.

Started with basics tell me about your current job, kind of work etc

que 1.
    rate yourself in c++ on a scale of 10.
    I rated 6 and said its complex and hard to master

questions on c++,
    pointer and references , initializer list, static , const ( variables , function etc), copy constructor, assignment operator
    performed averagely in those questions

good question:
    const int p = 10;
    change that value at p by hook or by crook.

gave a wrong answer saying,
    int * test = &p;
    test = 50 ;
    // although this can be done by access memory adresses dirctly using strings and some magic

programming questions-
    you are given an int e.g. 10 represented in binary as 1010 flip the bits (2s complement) to 0101.

first i tried using the not operator dirctly then realized that the total number of bits required is the to be considered here.

coded solution using bool bit[32] and loops , he said he can see what you are doing, and expected a efficient solution.

I was mostly impressed by thier devlopment enviroment they use vi , emacs and linux in development ( which i always wanted to in my job ) none of the MS garbage, that impressed me but sadly i couldn’t impress them.

Interview Questions
    • how does the compiler interpret const keyword and how it can be fooled.   View Answer

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2014.

3 rounds - analytics team who is specialised in one of the fields of finance, sales team, head of region

More technical job as it helps clients to use the terminal

Pricing Contributions Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied online and received a call for telephone interview. It lasted about 40 mins and questions ranged from my current job, why I wish to leave, problems faced at the job, how I would add value to the position, what does Bloomberg do, about financial markets and where would I expect to see myself 2 years down the line. The interviewer was pretty friendly and told me that they would get back to me if I had been shortlisted. Waiting to know.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2013.

Call from HR in Singapore. Arranged a phone interview for a week later. Heard back a week later for a video conf interview for the following week. Heard back a week later saying application wasn't successful.

Interview Questions
    • General interview questions . Why Bloomberg? Why this role.   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Got a call from Singapore for the first HR Round, consisted of brief behavioral questions.

Why Bloomberg? Strengths/weaknesses etc

Second round was from a Manager, was technical based on your CV. Was asked to pitch a stock, how much i know of the Bloomberg Terminal, a bit quantitative.

Analytics Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in August 2011.

You need to apply online for any job at Bloomberg. You get a better chance at getting called for an interview in there is an internal employee referral. There are usually three rounds of interviews. In the first round, you will be asked more Market related questions. The second and third round are more about getting to know you and your aptitude to sell. Eg- Sell a pencil to me

Interview Questions
    • The questions are usually about the markets, so it could be unpredictable or difficult at times. They love the Fixed Income markets so expect more questions on that.   Answer Question
    No, Bloomberg has fixed bands and rarely negotiates. However, as it offers more than the industry standards, you would be more than happy with the offer.

Global Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

4 stages: phone interview, 2 in house interview and then one conference call with the NYC office.
    The questions are always the same during the interviews: why bloomberg/why this role/what are the competitors of Bloomberg/ what is the difference between Bloomberg and Reuters.
    Also some questions that you have to answer quickly: do you prefer daily or long term tasks?/ would you rather give a figure not accurate or not give it at all?/do you prefer precise instructions or no instructions at all?
    Finally, I had the feeling that most of the questions were motivational. Also prepare questions about the Bloomberg culture and the career path you would like to have in the company.

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

went through phone interview process.

was contacted a few days later asking me to come in for interviews and to see the offices.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview: Q. recent financial new that you are following in the markets? Whats the position? why sales? why finance?   View Answer

Reliability Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Got a phone call interview from Bloomberg Tokyo office
    By the name and job description, I thought it is the test engineer position
    But found out that most questions are about software deployment process
    They want someone to join deployment team something like write deploy script for installing their software in many machine at the same time. I did not have much experience about deployment so I could not answer well.