Bloomberg L.P.

3.1

369 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Submitted application online, got an instant reply to schedule phone interview. HR called me up and conducted a 40 minutes interview about my motivation, financial knowledge and news. Interviewer asked a lot of questions and threw a lot of unexpected information at you.

Financial Software DeveloperInterview Interview

Phone interview, was asked why I wanted to apply and what the company did. The technical was breaking an integer down into its digits (e.g. 123 -> [1, 2, 3]). Would definitely recommend going reading the wikipedia page on Bloomberg to get a better idea of what they do; this was the reason I didn't get a call back from them regarding an in-person interview.

Global Data Economics Analyst- French Or German Speaker-London Job Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied Online. I was first contacted via email by a Junior Recruiter one month after application, then had a second email exchange with another recruiter to arrange a phone interview. That first phone interview was with a senior Analyst in the same role.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between nominal and real GDP?   View Answer

Global Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2014.

Recruiter called me and proposed the above role with Bloomberg. Interview with two members of the team.Competency based and some questions regarding recent evemnts in the financial markets and commodities especially, as the role was focused on energy markets. They insist on why Bloomberg and why not an Investment Bank.

Interview Questions
    • If you have 10m where to invest.Marketing or Bloomberg Terminal?   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied online, was invited for a telephone interview after a few weeks. Most questions were competency based, some questions about financial knowledge, some market awareness questions, recent news stories that captured my attention, why you want to do this internship, why Bloomberg etc. Was asked about my CV, questions about previous work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, be prepared to answer any question about your CV   Answer Question

Market Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied online on the website, then received an telephone interview confirmation ( please check junk mail, I found mine there). You will get a phone call from HR manager , Do not go in-depth with the knowledge of bloomberg (keep it brief and interesting). Got asked "Difference between asset and debt" and "What do you know about the company", "Why this role?", " What latest financial news captured your eye?"

Interview Questions
    • "give a time of when you completed your project successfully what approaches did you take?"   Answer Question

Bilingual Technical Support Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2014.

I applied on the company website and the process took about 2 weeks.

I received an email for the telephone interview and the interview lasted 11 mins.

I am kind for worry as i saw many people here got an email the same day after the phone interview but i was told they will get back to me in few weeks.

The interview was mainly about my background, experience and motivations.

Still waiting for an updates.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2014.

I applied online through their platform, where I had to provide a CV, cover letter, a transcript and had to answer a question "Why do you want to become a software engineer?".

I got an email from the HR department asking me to pick a 45-minute slot within the next two weeks where I could participate to a telephone interview. Also, they requested me to have access to a computer with internet connection during the interview for the technical part.

The interview started off with a guy from the R&D department describing the whole process: basic questions related to the company followed by a technical. Some basic questions: "Why do you want to work for Bloomberg?", "What do you know about Bloomberg?", "Tell me about a project that you enjoyed", "What did you learn by working on this project?", etc.

After that, we switched to the technical part, which is taken in your most familiar programming language(I did it in Java), where I had to answer basic questions about how Java works, the JVM, difference between Java and C++. Also, had to answer basic questions about wrapper classes, how java handles pointers, and had to come up with an algorithm to a specific scenario.

The guy was really nice and always tried to encourage and help me during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Had to think of an efficient algorithm to calculate the average of an array by removing the minimum and maximum.   View Answer

Market Data Analyst- Summer Interview

Applied online, pretty standard application. 3 - 4 weeks later I got an email asking for phone interview availability. Confirming the date and time and got a call, nice girl from HR. The interview lasted for a shocking 11 min!
    I was asked these questions:
    Why BB?
    Why this position?
    Whats the difference between good costumer service and great costumer service?
    How do you keep up with the financial news?
    Talk about one recent event that caught your interest?
    Tell me about a time when you resolved a problem in a group?
    Tell me when you organised something in a group?
    How would you value/price success?
    It was my first phone interview so I was pretty nervous, and because of the short interview I thought I failed. But 1 hour later I got an invitation to an in house interview.

Interview Questions
    • Whats the difference between good costumer service and great costumer service?   Answer Question

Software Development Summer Placement Interview

I completed the online application, which was pretty simple, then I received an email for telephone interview within one week. The phone interview was mainly about the technical questions and how much you understand programming. I was asked why do I want to become a software developer and why do I want to work at Bloomberg. The rest of the interview was just about technical questions, e.g. C++ polymorphism, pointers... The interviewer was friendly and tried to guide me to look for answers that he was looking for.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain a programming project that I have completed previously, then the interviewer asked to how I could improve the program to make it more robust.   Answer Question