Bloomberg L.P.

Average Difficulty
304 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

Interview Details There are four stages to apply for this role:
1. Online Application
2. Telephone Interview
3. Panel Interview
4. Panel Interview with Manager you will report in to.

The online application is straightforward. Exhibit a keen interest in Bloomberg, Financial Markets and Sales.

The telephone interview tests your interests of the aforementioned topics and see you can hold a conversation over the telephone. They fire questions in an attempt to make you uncomfortable to test your ability to maintain composure. They ask fundamental technical questions here.

The Panel interview is with someone form Sales and another from Analytics. They test your technical knowledge here and explore where your strengths/weaknesses lie. They then focus their attention on the answers that you give and drill deeper to identify your expertise on the subject. A sound understanding of financial instruments is an advantage.

I made it to the third stage and missed out.

Interview Question – What research have you done lately?
What is the difference between a forward and future?
What is the difference between an option and future?
What would you choose, an option or a future?
What is an option premium?
How would you sell 20 Bloomberg Terminals?
  Answer Question

Financial Sales and Analytics

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in March 2011.

Interview Details Was great! very quick and efficient, very well organised. HR and other hiring managers and interviewers were very nice and represented company and its values to the best - made me really want to work there!

Interview Question – No tricky questions really - rather a lot of examples from previous experience, situational questions as well as technical questions, for example: describe in simple words what is a standard deviation.   Answer Question

Graduate Sales Analyst Interview

Graduate Sales Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Interview Details 3 interviews (1st one on the phone, followed by a first In-house interview and a final interview). Was rejected after the final interview by a standard email. Did not receive any feedback though promised I would - I asked for feedback two times, on the phone and via email. The process took at least three weeks in which I prepared thoroughly.

Interview Question – Describe Bloomberg Enterprise Solutions - not related to the role.   Answer Question

Financial Product Sales & Analytics Interview

Financial Product Sales & Analytics
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied online on company website, they contacted me after a day. The interview took a place two weeks after that. I had a phone interview and it was very technical.

Interview Question – I've been asked how to sell a terminal. The lady was quite rude. The interview was technical; your background, motivation about Bloomberg and position.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2012.

Interview Details the interview process is composed by 3 steps all very general and without very technical question.
during the second interview the HR guys walk the candidates through the BBG office in London.

Interview Question – what's a CDS?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details There was continuous focus on the ethos of the firm-I was asked why do you want to work for Bloomberg?, Why the role of Sales? How has your previous work or academic background made you suitable for the culture of the firm? How would you sell a Bloomberg Terminal to a firm like Tesco?

Interview Question – How would you sell a Terminal over a rival firm?   Answer Question

C++ Developer: Trading Solutions Connectivity and Integration Interview

C++ Developer: Trading Solutions Connectivity and Integration
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in July 2014.

Interview Details First I received a email scheduling the telephone interview. The interviewer called me precisely at the allotted time. Interview mainly comprised of C++ questions - covering exception, copy constructors, undefined behaviour. There was a algo question regarding finding if two string were anagrams are not. I was giving a step-by-step approach, but the interviewer looked unhappy and he wanted the final answer and he was looking for the precisely the answer he hand in mind. Though he was friendly, he didn't seem to appreciate any "thinking-at-candidate's side".

Interview Question – Find if two strings are anagrams of each other.   Answer Question

Product Sales and Analytics Interview

Product Sales and Analytics

Interview Details 1st stage phone interview: 20-30 mins
The questions are basic such as your team work experience, why BBG and main competitors.
Know your CV well and there are a lot of information of BBG on the official website, glassdoor and database.
All questions can be well prepared in advance through researches.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in June 2011.

Interview Details analyst then moving to sales , financial sales and analytics program , 3 interviews , 1 phone then 2 face to face , mainjly questions about background , why BBG ? why this position ? financial updates on the market ? market players ? etc

Interview Question – how would you react if you boss took your idea and didn t givey ou credit for it ?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Bloomberg L.P.

Interview Details I applied online through BBG website and within 2 days got an email invitation to phone interview 20 minutes, walk me through your CV, questions like why BBG, who are competitors, why not investment bank, question about bonds, generally pleasant experience, 30 min later invited via email to in-house interview.

Interview Question – How conflict in Ukraine / Russia influences financial markets.   Answer Question

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!