Bloomingdale's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.5

Corporate Division Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in September 2010.

Applied online for a sales floor position and was called in the next day. Once HR saw my resume they realized I had more experience for corporate opening and called the manager down to interview me. I was hired on the spot. The pay is not great but decent health benefits after 30 days and amazing store discounts.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot of questions about personality and customer interaction. How did you react in a difficult client interaction type questions.   Answer Question

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Applied online and was called in for an interview the next week. The first interview is a group interview where very basic questions are asked. There was then a second interview later that day that was one on one. After meeting with a second person and going over my resume in detail I was then told that I was to meet with the floor manager of my specific area. I met with her and she offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel you can strive in a commission based position?   View Answer

Visual Merchandising Fashion Stylist FT: Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in April 2014.

The interview process was very simple. I scheduled an interview online, and got to pick the date and time. My interview was actually a group interview. It is very important to be on time for a group interview. There was only one other person in the interview with me. Be confident and do not be afraid to answer the question first and elaborate on what the other person said.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most creative thing you have done in the past year?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in August 2014.

I started online with the company's quiz and I got an Interview for 3 days later.
    We started with a group interview with general questions, mostly about good or bad costumer services experiences and talk about weakness and strength.
    next, you get to be interviewed by yourself but with me, she just asked about my school, schedule and if I prefer pt or ft position.
    another interview with the department manager - clothing. this one was a bit harder, she asked a lot of questions about costumer service as well, if I did anything out of my way to help a client, if I have a clientele myself, where do I shop, how is my style, second languages, work experiences, explain my resume, explain my own life projects, if I know this brand or that brand... it was a long interview, but it was more like a chat. She made me very comfortable and was very polite and nice! explained to me about commission and about the company.
    the last interview was with the department supervisor and it was just a 'closing the deal'.

Interview Questions

because I did not feel comfortable on working with the brand that they had the position for. Maybe next time!

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online, and got an e-mail the next week asking me to sign up for an interview time. I did and when I got to the store I had an interview with HR. They asked me a bunch of behavioural questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time at work where you did not like the outcome.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in April 2011.

great interview. made me feel comfortable and at home. basic questions on experience, customer service and expectations. Once i qualified to meet the department manager that interview went smoothly and i felt great energy and vibe

i got a great offer so no negotiation

Fragrance counter manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interviewed with HR manager after a group interview, interviewed with the store manager and interviewed with the cosmetics manager. The whole process took over a month. I applied for a seasonal position which was all they had available even though I had 11 years of experience in the field. It happened to get me noticed and got me an elevated interview. It was over a month before I was hired though.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would handle a top producing employee that has areas of need for improvement?   Answer Question
    I did not get to negotiate and it came in under what I had asked for but Higher than industry starting pay.

Recovery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Short Hills, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in August 2012.

I was called in for an interview after doing the application on-line The interview process took about an hour to complete including watching a few short videos related to customer service. After speaking with one of the ladies in the HR department I was offered a position and told I would be called for orientation. I was called back for my orientation a week later. There where about six people in the orientation including me when we went through the employee handbook, and given a tour. I started the next day

Interview Questions
    • All the questions asked where questions that you expect to be asked on an interview   Answer Question

Merchandising Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Livermore, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in August 2014.

Interviewed with the Store Manager who hired me on the spot.
    Typical interview questions except to ask me how comfortable I am to approach random customers to convince them to buy a Bloomingdale's Credit Card

Interview Questions
    • "How comfortable are you to approach random customers to convince them to sign up for a Bloomingdale s Credit Card.   View Answer
    No negotiation. It was their way or the highway. I should of taken the higway. I could of been working in a much more healthy environment and been paid much more. My bad.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

The interviewing process was very quick - they were very friendly and easy to talk to! They were very helpful and willing to answer all of my questions that I had, and made the experience great.

Worked for Bloomingdale's? Contribute to the Community!