Bloomingdale's

Updated 28 Jan 2015
Updated 28 Jan 2015

2.5

Mandarin Interpreter Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Applied online and was asked to come in for an interview the next day. The first interview was mainly behavioral and very short, probably about 15-20 minutes. After this first interview, I was informed that I would need continue on with a manager interview. There was an opening available later that day. I met my would-be supervisor and she interviewed me in Mandarin. The questions were the usual behavioral ones as well as more specific hypothetical scenarios. I received an offer immediately following the interview.

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Received a email to schedule an interview about 2 days after application. Scheduled a interview a few days after, it was a group interview. Process was relatively fast and easy. Received an email a few days later that I insedd dos receive the position

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle a customer that isn't pleased?   View Answer

Better offer

Store Management Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

This was an extremely poor interview process and a waste of my time and energy. After coming into the office 3 times for 4 separate one-on-one interviews, I was then told for the first time that I need to pass an online assessment in order to proceed any further. The assessment was completely unrelated to the position at hand and I did not meet their expectations on it (which were never discussed, all I know is I did not pass). I was unable to retake the assessment because answers are, "locked in" to the system for three years. Throughout everything HR Management did not represent themselves in a professional manner. For one, one of the hiring managers was wearing UGG boots while interviewing me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to give an employee unfortunate news and how did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Applied online and within a few days i recieved an email to set up a time and date to schedule for a group interview. Group interview questions where not difficult to answer however everyone there (5-6 applicants) applied all for different positions. So no one seemed to interact well since everyone had different interests and goals.

Interview Questions

Recieved a better opportunity elsewhere

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Applied online. Got an automated email response that day inviting me for a group interview the next week. 4-5 other interviewees. Very laid back and informal. Got hired on the spot after background screening, but as a holiday hire.

Interview Questions
    • What is your dream job? Tell me about yourself. Why bloomingdale's/retail? What is your favorite designer?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Seasonal Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

It takes around 2 weeks to interview and get hired. The initial interview is with a group and then the next is with your department manager. In the group interview there was about 15 people and they asked various questions as they skipped around the room.

Interview Questions
    • Where do I see myself in 5 years or the future?   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate at first. Although I was hired as seasonal I was asked to stay become Full Time after Black Friday.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Applied through my University, did 2 1:1 interviews back to back on campus. Got called back to do an onsite in New York, had 3 1:1 interviews, lunch, retail math test, and group project. The people in HR are great and it was all well organized, if you're prepared it's not bad at all. They also have you shadow a person in the buying program. They emphasize that they want to see if you would be a good fit but also to make sure you know what you're getting into. Good experience.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a lot about specific fashion trends, and about Bloomies in the news and what was going on with the company. Do your research.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

I went a total of 3 times, its seasonal so I'm guessing they were trying to meet a quota because my 1st interview which got me scheduled for a 2nd was short. I was offered a different job than the one I applied for. I was told the common interview practice "tell me about yourself" asked have I ever worked in retail. Asked what did I do at a specific job, specifically. 2nd interview was better than the first, honestly best interview I ever had in my life. The interviewing woman made me feel so comfortable.

Seconal Sales Support Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

First part is an group interview. You are there with 10 plus people and are asked a bunch of questions. Then you go home and wait for an email asking to interview with a manager.

Interview Questions
    • With a group you cannot really sell your self as an individual.   Answer Question
    No negotiatiion.

Holiday Selling Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2014.

Applied online. Took about 2 weeks but I got an email to schedule an interview. First met with a group of 6 people and two managers. Then we were sent back outside and recalled to meet with the two of them individually. If they decided to follow up with you they will let you know right there as I seen most of the group go in and right back out the door. I was sent back out to wait for another manager of the store and then another! Although I was going for a seasonal position she offered me a permanent part time position!

No negotiations. Base plus commission