Bloomingdale's Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2014
236 interviews

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in August 2014.

I started online with the company's quiz and I got an Interview for 3 days later.
    We started with a group interview with general questions, mostly about good or bad costumer services experiences and talk about weakness and strength.
    next, you get to be interviewed by yourself but with me, she just asked about my school, schedule and if I prefer pt or ft position.
    another interview with the department manager - clothing. this one was a bit harder, she asked a lot of questions about costumer service as well, if I did anything out of my way to help a client, if I have a clientele myself, where do I shop, how is my style, second languages, work experiences, explain my resume, explain my own life projects, if I know this brand or that brand... it was a long interview, but it was more like a chat. She made me very comfortable and was very polite and nice! explained to me about commission and about the company.
    the last interview was with the department supervisor and it was just a 'closing the deal'.

Interview Questions

because I did not feel comfortable on working with the brand that they had the position for. Maybe next time!

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online, and got an e-mail the next week asking me to sign up for an interview time. I did and when I got to the store I had an interview with HR. They asked me a bunch of behavioural questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time at work where you did not like the outcome.   Answer Question

Fragrance counter manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interviewed with HR manager after a group interview, interviewed with the store manager and interviewed with the cosmetics manager. The whole process took over a month. I applied for a seasonal position which was all they had available even though I had 11 years of experience in the field. It happened to get me noticed and got me an elevated interview. It was over a month before I was hired though.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would handle a top producing employee that has areas of need for improvement?   Answer Question
    I did not get to negotiate and it came in under what I had asked for but Higher than industry starting pay.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in April 2011.

great interview. made me feel comfortable and at home. basic questions on experience, customer service and expectations. Once i qualified to meet the department manager that interview went smoothly and i felt great energy and vibe

i got a great offer so no negotiation

Recovery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Short Hills, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in August 2012.

I was called in for an interview after doing the application on-line The interview process took about an hour to complete including watching a few short videos related to customer service. After speaking with one of the ladies in the HR department I was offered a position and told I would be called for orientation. I was called back for my orientation a week later. There where about six people in the orientation including me when we went through the employee handbook, and given a tour. I started the next day

Interview Questions
    • All the questions asked where questions that you expect to be asked on an interview   Answer Question

Merchandising Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Livermore, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in August 2014.

Interviewed with the Store Manager who hired me on the spot.
    Typical interview questions except to ask me how comfortable I am to approach random customers to convince them to buy a Bloomingdale's Credit Card

Interview Questions
    • "How comfortable are you to approach random customers to convince them to sign up for a Bloomingdale s Credit Card.   View Answer
    No negotiation. It was their way or the highway. I should of taken the higway. I could of been working in a much more healthy environment and been paid much more. My bad.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

The interviewing process was very quick - they were very friendly and easy to talk to! They were very helpful and willing to answer all of my questions that I had, and made the experience great.

Sales Specialist Interview

We had a group interview then an individual interview. So they didn't take you to other hiring managers after the first one, then they probably won't take you. Easy questions.

Mens Visual Stylist Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in July 2014.

I was contacted after filing out online application to make an appointment online. It allows you to choose an upcoming time slot to come in for interview. I made an appointment for the following week. Arriving early is good (to calm yourself & collect your thoughts).

I was met by two recruiters who asked a few questions. Then they informed me that, if invited back, that I would only get show my portfolio in the next stage (they were NOT the Bloomingdales managers I needed to see).

The next day I was asked by that recruiter to email him some of my portfolio, which I did. He did confrim receipt and that he'd pass it along.

I am still awaiting word.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us about a time when you had a disagreement with your coworker?'   Answer Question

Luxury Linens Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in June 2014.

It's a group panel process. Bunch of people were sitting in a cold room with two HR people. One is responsible for asking related questions and the other one sends out the background check chart. After the group panel, the HR person asked people come to her office one by one according to your information.

Interview Questions
    • Maybe perhaps I didn't have related sales experiences, so it's kind of hard to talk about how to deal with your directors and your coworkers.   Answer Question

It doesn't fit my schedule.

Worked for Bloomingdale's? Contribute to the Community!