Bob Evans Hostess Interview Questions

Updated 26 Mar 2015

2.0

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kentwood, MI (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bob Evans (Kentwood, MI (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about 1 1/2 weeks. I went through 3 different interviews to ensure I was right for the position. First, two interviews was with assistant managers that asked the basic questions and breaking the ice. Second interview they let me talk to a hostess so I could know more about the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bob Evans

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bob Evans in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got called in for an interview. Talked for a bit. Got asked to come back in 45 minutes in the proper Bob Evans uniform. (I later learned that this particular ASM was a bit silly.) Got the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you like challenges? If you do, come back in 45 minutes in the proper uniform and the job's yours.   1 Answer

Negotiation

"You start at $8 hourly."
    "Oh."

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bob Evans in April 2014.

Interview

Filled out application, got a call the next day, met with two managers, got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bob Evans (Bowie, MD (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

I came in approximately 20 minutes early but was kept waiting for around 45 minutes before i was seen. The interview was brief and not thorough at all but they seemed like they wanted to hire me. They take you through a "trial" period of around 30 min-an hour where you work with the hostess on duty to be a hostess but the lady they stuck me with was clueless on training so they just left me to deal with customers. I had to seat people (they didn't even bother explaining the seating chart) and give out menus. I was polite but considering there wasn't really anything to do the hostess i was working with was just like "yeah we don't do much on slow days". We had a family come in and i seated them and asked if they wanted a booster seat for their kid and they said yes and when i went to ask where the booster seats are, the manager came back and told me i wasn't right for the job and that i could go home. Worst experience ever. Very unprofessional

Interview Questions

• I didn't expect them to put me through a trial shift with no training or explanation on the job   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bob Evans.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a couple of weeks later. I had an initial interview and then was scheduled for a second interview with the general manager. I was offered a position and had to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was pretty simple. There weren't any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bob Evans in September 2013.

Interview

I went in to pick up an application. I was asked to fill it out in store and was given an interview time right on the spot. When I cam in for my interview they asked me a series of scenario questions and then about times when I had expressed leadership, and other such things. I was then asked what I knew about the company.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled disagreements with your management staff in the past?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, OH (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Bob Evans (Wilmington, OH (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

The manager did cuss during the interview. She was very very unprofessional. She was showing her tattoos, one on her lower back. She also was showing her cleavage through a broken button.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bob Evans in March 2012.

Interview

I went to an open interview and was first asked to fill out paperwork. I was then interviews by the assistant manager and asked basic interview questions like "name a time you resolved an issue with a difficult person". About 10 minutes later I was interviewed by the general manager and essentially asked the same questions and given scenarios in the restaurant industry. I was hired immediately afterwards by the general manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bob Evans (Mount Laurel, NJ (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

Applied online and contacted the next day by a manager at the restaurant. A few days later, when I came in for the 1st interview, I waited almost 20 mins and it wasn't even busy. I met with one of the assistant managers at the restaurant, Liz. Was asked several basic questions. Interview lasted about 10 mins. Was told that she will move me on for a second interview with another assistant manager.

When I came in for the 2nd interview, the person I was suppose to meet with didn't even know she was suppose to meet with me. She even came up to me and asked "who I was." I told her I was scheduled to meet with her after my 1st interview. Apparently, the 1st interview never passed the message on. Then she couldn't even find my application. When she walked back to go look for it, she stopped to talk to a customer/friend of hers for nearly 25 mins as I sat and waited! Then she went into her office for another 10 mins and came out and said that someone else will be meeting with me. We had about a 10 min conversation/interview and was told there will be a 3rd interview with the General Manager. Never heard from them again. I didn't even bother to call them b/c of the experience I had coming in a 2nd time. There seems to be bad management at this restaurant.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Port Richey, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bob Evans (New Port Richey, FL (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

I found out that Bob Evans was hiring from Indeed.com and then that Friday I walked in and asked for an application. Then I gave the application to one of the managers, and a couple hours later I got a call for an interview for the following Wednesday. That interview was a 2 on 1 interview with an Assistant Manager and an Assistant Manager in training. They asked 5 EASY questions ...#1. What is my availability? ...#2. Do I work well in a team? ...#3. Do I have reliable transportation? ...#4. What do I know about Bob Evans? ...#5. Will I be comfortable with their uniform?
    They both enjoyed my interview..we were aughing ALOT of the time, then they told me to expect a call for the second interview. The next day I was called for the second interview on the Saturday with the General Manager. When I got there the manager was sooooo smiley and more happy to see me than anything. She said she had no questions for me because she knew that she wanted me for the job because she was watching me during the first interview. She asked me if I had any questions and I asked about the uniform..and then she hired me..I wont fill out any paper work until my first day! I'm so excited this is my FIRST job :)))))

Interview Questions

• What is my availability?   1 Answer
    • Do I work well in a team?   1 Answer
    • Do I have reliable transportation?   1 Answer
    • What do I know about Bob Evans?   1 Answer
    • Will I be comfortable with their uniform?   1 Answer