Boeing Interview Questions

Updated 26 Oct 2014
Updated 26 Oct 2014

2.8

Construction Administrator Interview

Structured interview process. Interviewed by 5 employees and had to answer about 7-8 questions with setting the time, location and detailed events on how you dealt with the problem or situation. All the employees are grading you and it's very hard to tell how you've done on the interview. At the end you get to ask any questions you have, but you really don't get to tell them about yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you failed at something and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

Originally, I met with Boeing employees during the career fair, and eventually submitted my resume through a campus recruiting center. Within a week, got an offer to interview with Boeing representatives. Typical STAR format, the interview was on-campus and very conversational overall. Received an offer to Boeing Defense five days later, requested a transfer to Puget-Sound and was approved within a week.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me a time you came in conflict with a superior's decision."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boeing.

On campus interview: First round was a one on one behavioral with the basic questions you can find anywhere such as: state a time when you didn't meet a deadline, state a time when you lead a team, what was your role, what was the outcome: The key to success is using the STAR format to answer all questions
    Second round was a group case study interview in which you and a group of other students have to come up with a solution to the problem. The interviewers observe and say nothing until the process is over. I got a call that night with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are not very difficult in general as long as you do some company research.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Boeing.

I knew someone who worked in a department that was hiring summer interns. I had her pass my resume along to her manager and then I applied online to the job application. I was asked to schedule one phone interview (I didn't live near the facility so we didn't have an in-person interview).

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a time that you assumed leadership of a situation without being asked.   Answer Question
    Intern, so no negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boeing.

Applied online, three weeks later got an email inviting me to interview. Simple, laid back STAR interview. At the end of the interview I was told that I was being recommended for hire. 2 weeks later I got an email saying that Boeing would not be able to offer me a position.

Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

Applied online. Received a call for an on-site interview, which was all behavioral (STAR) questions. Interviewed with a manager and current finance analyst, and the interview lasted about 1 hour. Terrific people - everyone was laid back and friendly. I received a call with the offer about one week later.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most difficult decision you have ever had to make?   Answer Question
    I chose not to negotiate. It was a very good offer.

Engineer Technical Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

I applied for this job in March 2014. I was contacted in May for a phone interview. Typical behavioral questions using the STAR method. Waited for two months and got invited to a second in person off site interview, again a STAR method interview. Waited another month and received an offer. I was able to ask questions about the job after the interview was over. It took five weeks from the offer date to start date due to Boeing's background check process, either they have a backlog of checks to go through or it got lost.

Interview Questions
    • How you handled yourself in a diversity situation? You have to remember Diversity isn't just about race, it can be age, sex, religion, work methods.....   View Answer
    The HR rep is a contractor and they told me that the offer is final. Took a paycut for better benefits and a better career path.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

I applied online in late September. I got an email saying I met the minimum requirements and my application was being "considered". About a week after this, I got an email asking me to set up an interview time slot.

The interview was with one HR member and one full time employee in the rotational program. The HR woman was super nice and friendly! The rotational employee was knowledgable. They made it very clear from the start to use the STAR format. Interview consisted of 3 STAR format questions.

I was told I would hear back 2-3 weeks later. A week later, I got a call from the same HR woman with my offer!! I was pretty surprised considering I didn't think the interview went that well.

Interview Questions
    • I'm not allowed to disclose any questions, but if you know your STAR you'll be in good shape.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for internship.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

Submitted my resume online and got a call from the hiring manager himself a couple of days later. Just wanted to schedule time for an onsite. The onsite interview was a 1 hour long 4:1 with 4 managers and directors of different levels. It was extremely structured in the question being asked. The hiring manager was actually reading the questions from a document, which I have not seen anybody doing in 15 years for quantitative roles. All the questions were of the "tell me about a time when you had to do this and that". Most, but not all, were quantitative in nature. But also got a couple along the lines of "tell me about a time when you had to reconcile differences with a colleague". No white-boarding at all, which is also usually odd for data scientist positions.
    I left happy with how the interview went. I usually excel in this type of interviews.
    What happened next was kind of puzzling. I got a HR person contacting me, telling me that my online application did not match what I had on my resume. So I went in, updated the online application and waited. But nobody ever contacted me again. That's kind of unusual because when you end up going onsite, a recruiter always follows up with some closure (either an offer or no offer).

Systems Design and Integration Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boeing.

Met at the career fair, quick to meet with their manager who was present. Was interviewed basic interview questions about my skills and goals on the spot, then called later that day to schedule an interview 2 days later. The interview was with two people, one of which was the manager, and dealt a lot more with my experience in handling specific situations and dealing with people, as well as the way I improve and control myself. Called later that day to be scheduled for another interview the next day. The last interview was me and 4 other potential employees, we were given a problem we had to solve as a team. Got an email telling me that I qualify for a full time position the next day.

Interview Questions
    • How to control multiprocesses, how to deal with multithreading, database design questions   Answer Question

Havnt evaluated all the options yet, it's a long standing offer.