Boeing Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct 2014
Updated 20 Oct 2014

2.8

Engineer Technical Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

I applied for this job in March 2014. I was contacted in May for a phone interview. Typical behavioral questions using the STAR method. Waited for two months and got invited to a second in person off site interview, again a STAR method interview. Waited another month and received an offer. I was able to ask questions about the job after the interview was over. It took five weeks from the offer date to start date due to Boeing's background check process, either they have a backlog of checks to go through or it got lost.

Interview Questions
    • How you handled yourself in a diversity situation? You have to remember Diversity isn't just about race, it can be age, sex, religion, work methods.....   View Answer
    The HR rep is a contractor and they told me that the offer is final. Took a paycut for better benefits and a better career path.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

I applied online in late September. I got an email saying I met the minimum requirements and my application was being "considered". About a week after this, I got an email asking me to set up an interview time slot.

The interview was with one HR member and one full time employee in the rotational program. The HR woman was super nice and friendly! The rotational employee was knowledgable. They made it very clear from the start to use the STAR format. Interview consisted of 3 STAR format questions.

I was told I would hear back 2-3 weeks later. A week later, I got a call from the same HR woman with my offer!! I was pretty surprised considering I didn't think the interview went that well.

Interview Questions
    • I'm not allowed to disclose any questions, but if you know your STAR you'll be in good shape.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for internship.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

Submitted my resume online and got a call from the hiring manager himself a couple of days later. Just wanted to schedule time for an onsite. The onsite interview was a 1 hour long 4:1 with 4 managers and directors of different levels. It was extremely structured in the question being asked. The hiring manager was actually reading the questions from a document, which I have not seen anybody doing in 15 years for quantitative roles. All the questions were of the "tell me about a time when you had to do this and that". Most, but not all, were quantitative in nature. But also got a couple along the lines of "tell me about a time when you had to reconcile differences with a colleague". No white-boarding at all, which is also usually odd for data scientist positions.
    I left happy with how the interview went. I usually excel in this type of interviews.
    What happened next was kind of puzzling. I got a HR person contacting me, telling me that my online application did not match what I had on my resume. So I went in, updated the online application and waited. But nobody ever contacted me again. That's kind of unusual because when you end up going onsite, a recruiter always follows up with some closure (either an offer or no offer).

Systems Design and Integration Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boeing.

Met at the career fair, quick to meet with their manager who was present. Was interviewed basic interview questions about my skills and goals on the spot, then called later that day to schedule an interview 2 days later. The interview was with two people, one of which was the manager, and dealt a lot more with my experience in handling specific situations and dealing with people, as well as the way I improve and control myself. Called later that day to be scheduled for another interview the next day. The last interview was me and 4 other potential employees, we were given a problem we had to solve as a team. Got an email telling me that I qualify for a full time position the next day.

Interview Questions
    • How to control multiprocesses, how to deal with multithreading, database design questions   Answer Question

Havnt evaluated all the options yet, it's a long standing offer.

Structural Analysis Engineer I Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Boeing.

Spoke with a mechanical engineer at an information session at a conference and was able to line up an interview for the following day. The interview was very basic with 3 behavior questions, typical STAR format. I was then issued a letter of intent the following day. It all happened very quickly and was actually quite surprised at the speed of the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with someone that was culturally diverse.   Answer Question

Business Interview

I was offered an opportunity to interview after networking talking with one of Boeing's recruiters at my college's career fair. They seemed very kind and laid back, definitely a group I would love to work for. I received an email about two weeks later stating I did not get the job which did not surprise me as I was only a sophomore at the time. However, the interview was relatively easy and laid back taking about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • All STAR questions, I promised not to release any of the questions but just prepare for behavior questions.   Answer Question

Procurement Agent I Interview

I was recruited straight out of college. The process was an easy one time phone interview. There were only five questions, and there were 4 or 5 people on the phone. The questions were pretty standard college interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you convinced a group that you solution was the best answer to the problem   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied online. Then about three months later, I get an email setting up for a flight to Seattle. All of the interview questions are situational types. I was interview by two Boeing engineers.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

I applied online and was contacted the next week for a phone interview. It is recommended that certain keywords are included in the resume so that they match the words in the job description. Interview lasted around an hour, interviewers were friendly and positive.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boeing.

I dropped of my resume at a reception with a recruiter and got a call that night to report for an interview the next day. I showed up and was faced with 4 panelists. Pretty intimidating but for the most part behavioral questions. Really easy, interview went well but got no offer :(