Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.7

Researcher Interview

Very thorough and long interview process that lasted about two hours; interviewed with the entire team I'd be working with and for; good HR overview of benefits; interview gave me a good idea of the work I'd be doing and what the expectations were for the position I was being interviewed to fill.

Technologist - Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rockville, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2014.

The interview was basically a cattle call. There were a number of tables set up in 2 rooms. We were asked to sit at a table and the interviewers came and asked each of us questions. My first interviewer seemed a bit distracted but after engaging her in conversation a little more she seemed to respond well. The second interviewer was very nice and was interested in me as a candidate which was nice. We were told at the end of the interview that we would hear from our recruiters by the middle of the following week. I didn't hear from them so I sent a follow up. About a 2 weeks after the interview I received a phone offer, and it took another week or two to have the paper offer drafted and sent to me. I accepted the offer, although the salary was a bit lower than I was hoping for.

Interview Questions
    • When I interviewed I didn't know that this was for the position of a technologist (business systems analyst), so the most difficult questions were about my technology/coding history which I did tell them I have very minimal knowledge but am willing to learn. Stressing that you are willing to shape yourself to the company is very important.   Answer Question
    I told them what I would like and they came back with a counter offer. Although lower than I hoped, this is a Junior position so I didn't have high hopes for the pay. It was higher than what I was expecting at first but not as high as I hoped.

Associate Interview

My interview process was conducted in phases. The first phase was a phone call with the career manager. Second, a face to face interview with a team from the company. Third, an additional phone conversation followed by a fourth phone conversation with members of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Typical interview questions.   Answer Question
    There were none.

Lead Technologist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

The hiring process at BAH is very organized and gives any candidate all the details they need. The interviews are done by at least two people, but they ask standard questions for anyone who is prepared.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Quite efficient process, initially screened by someone in HR, then round-robin type interviews with multiple candidates, but individual 30min well-organized, relatively simple interviews (resume walkthrough, why interested in Booz Allen etc). It was unclear during process what position exactly I was being hired for, and what team/who was interviewing and who I'd be working with, presumably because more than one position and team were hiring.

Interview Questions
    • These depended on the individual interviewing, it didn't seem as though there was a defined set of interview questions, which made it more comfortable. No business case/case study.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2010.

This was straightforward for me, as I was more experienced in their area of need than they were. They did attempt to push me into a box during a portion of the process, though I could see what they were doing.

Interview Questions
    • Due to my experience, there were no difficult questions.   Answer Question
    The declining economy left me with little negotiation space. They did hire me a level under where I should be, which unfortunately was expected

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2012.

I was recruited at my graduate school. My initial interview was in-person with an HR representative. It was a standard HR interview asking me about my interest in the company and preferred salary range. My second set of interviews was with a specific team. I participated in four 30-minute in-person with a different team member. I was asked more specific questions regarding the subject area and previous experience.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were fairly standard. The more difficult questions were about the subject area.   Answer Question
    I would highly recommend negotiating as bonuses are not received until you are much higher up (raises tend to be fairly minimal around the cost of living raise unless you are promoted).

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Was referred-in by current employee with the company, who also gave me the hiring manager's name. I sent my cover letter-resume to the hiring manager directly. A couple weeks later, I was contacted by an external recruiter who did a very cursory 15 minute phone interview. A couple weeks later I was contacted by a junior team member and we did two case exercises over the phone. I was then invited to final round where I interviewed with 6 team members, each of varying levels of seniority and each conducting a case exercise.

In general the case exercises were not particularly difficult and there were no typical brain-teaser questions.

I heard back over two weeks later that I hadn't been offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • No particularly difficult questions. One slightly challenging case.   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2014.

first was a phone interview and since i had a Harvard MBA i connected via my alumni office so not much pressure on the interview. I was asked about sales target at the previous role , and how many clients i could bring over

not enough money

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in August 2014.

Had a referral through a friend. I was invited for an onsite recruiting event at HQ in Mclean. It was set up like speed dating, you sat in a room and manager who were interested in you came in and interviewed you and then you waited for the next interviewer.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!