Booz Allen Hamilton

Updated 11 Dec 2014
Updated 11 Dec 2014

2.7

Defense Research Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

A grad school classmate internally referred me to Booz Allen. About a month later, I received a call about an opportunity. After speaking with a recruiter (really a screening call), I was asked to attend an interview event at the company's head quarters in McLean. At the event, we each had about 10-15 minutes to speak with a couple of individuals that were currently supporting specific contracts. At the end of the event, we were told we would hear back one way or another within a week. I did not hear back for a month, after which I had a phone interview with more specifics about the job I would be performing.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very straight forward--how can you apply your previous experience, why do you want to work for the company. Knowing Booz Allen's "Core Values" is helpful.   Answer Question
    I negotiated a higher salary than what was initially offered. The back-and-forth took a few days.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Started the process with an individual phone interview with the recruiter. After that, I moved on to a panel interview with future colleagues and a manager. When I received word that I passed that phase, I received an invite to a final interview with senior management to confirm my fit with the position and team.

Interview Questions
    • All routine questions about handling conflict with clients/colleagues, biggest success in career, biggest failure in career, etc.   Answer Question
    Very straightforward. HR submitted an offer to me. I submitted a counteroffer. HR accepted my counteroffer. I started work 3 weeks later.

Senior Consultant Interview

very knowledgable regarding the platforms I have used in the past. They know what they are looking for and based on your resume they make you feel like they know you already.

Strategic Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Through an on-campus recruitment--supposedly all students who applied got first round interviews. Have yet to hear about about second round, but it was a simple interview that was more like a friendly conversation.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions--interviewer asked between 2 and 3 and then proceeded to talk about the company and work environment.   Answer Question

Financial Administration (Junior Level) Interview

I had about an hr long phone interview with 3 senior staff from the team. They talked about the position and the gist of the current project. The interview questions were pretty straight forward yet slightly technical.

Costomer Advocate/Strategic Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in O Fallon, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in O Fallon, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

A friend already in the company referred me for this position after I retired from the AF. I interviewed with the manager and two senior leaders, but they were more like discussions. None of the interviews lasted more than 30 minutes. They focused some on my background, but more on the job ahead. I don't recall any challenging questions, but it was over 6 years ago.

Interview Questions
    Very short. They knew my military salary/benefits and generously offered comparable salary. I didn't submit a counter offer.

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

The interview was for the role of an associate in strategic innovation group. Part of the interview was conduct over the phone and the second of the interview was conducted in person with two hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • The interview did not seem difficult or challenging and focused on several behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Applied with my resume. I was contacted via email to set up a phone call. I talked to two separate team members. I had no prior connection, and the entire process took about a month. Most of the interview was behavioral, and was not technical. However, they did ask some questions that required critical thinking.

Level III Research Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Received an offer after going through an externship program with the Strategic Innovation Group. The externship had one phone call where they asked basic Java concepts. The externship dealt with writing a MapReduce job, learning how to perform SQL Injection, and using Agile Development.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were basic Java questions (i.e. describe the complexity of searching in an unbalanced array, describe polymorphism, etc.).   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Applied through my University and got an interview on campus within a few days (15 min interview). Then received an email about 2 weeks later asking for a phone interview (1.5 hours with 3 1:1 interviewers). Very nice people. All interviewers were fairly relaxed though some technical questions were asked. They spoke a lot about the position itself

Interview Questions
    • Some technical questions about statistical modeling (logarithmic questions)   Answer Question
    Pretty set in salary