Boston Consulting Group Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

102 interviews

3.9

102 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in July 2014.

Really rigorous interview process, started with the classic case interview with one of the firms senior members which lasted 40 minutes. Business problem was challenging, however, interviewer was friendly and appreciated that I did not become flustered throughout the process. Followed by an online aptitude/business knoweledge test, this was very tough and one has to really make sure that they don't make any mistakes

Interview Questions
  • When giving recommendations, needed to show better business judgement. Asked some of the ramifications of one of the recommendations and my response was superficial   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Associate Interview

first round, and then second round.. not much people get invited to the second round. They do reimburse all travel expenses, very nice. One person was nice the other was not: almost stress interview-- never smiled throughout the whole process!

Interview Questions
    • for foreign offices, you are required to do some translation test   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in March 2014.

The hiring proces was as i had expected, although the interviewers were more friendly then I had anticipated. Overall I experienced the hiring and interview process as very pleasant. Focus was, next to the cases, on personal development. How did you develop over the past years, how would you like to develop yourself in the years to come, etc..

Interview Questions
    • Compared to about three years ago, what are three major changes that you, as a person, have been through, and how do you look back on these changes.   Answer Question
    No negotiation possible. Only about the start date.

Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2010.

The recruitment process starts with a short math skills test. You have to answer correctly as many questions as possible in the alloted time. If you do well you get invited to the first round of interviews.

In the first round I was interviewed by a Consultant and a Project Leader. The first interview was more open-ended and consisted mainly in checking whether you had some understanting of basic bussiness concepts and why were you interested in the company (prepare this answer. Not just consulting, but BCG). The second one was about determining the market size for a specific economic activity (real estate developers, in my case).

The second round of interviews was with two principals and a partner. The first interview was about suggesting improvements to a company (a sandbox type of question, in my experience, I would guess the idea is to understand how you think), the second one was a brain teaser (think "How many tennis balls could you fit in a Boeing 787) while the third interview, with the partner, was about the strategy a retailer should follow to increase its sales.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are easy, but make sure to check the information available before you start making calculations. And, very important, don't get nervous or you'll end up missing a lot of critical information.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in July 2012.

I applied online and was contacted by email 2 weeks later. I was told that they only have one interview date every month, and was then scheduled for two back-to-back case interviews at their office 2 months later. On the interview day, I was given some information on my interviewers before being led to the interview room. Unfortunately I did not make it pass this round, but was told that there would be 2 more rounds of interviews before the whole process is concluded.

Interview Questions
    • A few motivation and behavioral questions, followed by business cases   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

I had an initial phone interview, was then invited to a face-to-face interview in the office. The 1st interview went pretty good. The interviewer was friendly and I was able to solve the case with little help. The 2nd interview was scheduled the following week. I had a terrible experience with this one. First, the interviewer was late for 10 min (not sure if he did it on purpose). Then when he finally arrived, he just gave me a stack of paper, asked me to solve the case, and said he would be back in 25 min to see what I have to say. So for the next half an hour, I was just sitting there, working on my paper test. The worst thing was that the whole thing was in Japanese, and I didn't get to ask any clarifying questions!!! When the interviewer came back to the room, he asked me to present my findings in Japanese (totally didn't expect that since the first two interviews were in English). After the case, we had a short talk and he asked me all the typical interview questions.

Associate Interview

applied through my school, had 2 rounds of interviews (3 interviews in each round)

no negotiation

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in December 2011.

3 rounds.

No negotiation possible

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2013.

First and final round interviews were a week apart. Hiring process took a month overall.

Associate Interview

Referred internally, called in for two first round interviews a week or so later. The interviewers were extremely personable during the introductions and behavioral questions. When we got into the cases, I stumbled a bit, but they tactfully urged me in the right direction. I knew I wasn't going to get called back for second rounds after bungling one of the cases, but they spared me a lot of embarrassment and then gave me constructive feedback afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • When one interviewer saw that I was writing out the math, he asked me to do specific calculations in my head, without pen and paper. Being put on the spot made it very difficult.   View Answer

Worked for Boston Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!