Boston Consulting Group

Updated 26 Feb 2015
Updated 26 Feb 2015

3.8

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

First round of interviews is comprised of two back-to-back interviews, each with about 15 minutes of personal questions (ie: "name a time when you led a group to achieve a tangible goal.") The second part is a 25 minute case question.

Interview Questions
  • "Name a time when you failed." and the case portion in general   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

I applied online for an intern position at the Milan office. The first round was composed of two written test, one about data interpretation and the other about sequences of figures. It was pretty easy, time was the major concern. In the second round i had two interviews (market entry and outsourcing issues) with principals and one online case.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions based on resume, examples of leadership and team working.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

You will have two 45-minute back-to-back interviews, including both case (35 minutes) and behavioral (10 minutes). The cases can be confusing if you don't clarify terms you don't know of. Be sure you communicate the process well. Listen and observe the interviewers. Sometimes they will pressure test you. Behavioral part is a typical process.

Intern Interview

I was chosen after sending my CV and cover letter, but I did not prepare enough the test. I focused on the case-interview and skipped the preparation for the test. When I had the paper in front of me I was simply blocked and I could not make a single number. It was really frustrating having been selected and not being able to show my suitability for the job for not preparing well enough the test

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Summit, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Summit, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2015.

The process took one week. It was a good experience. Two interviews on campus (both cases and fit) but focused on case. Next day I received a call that I had made it to the final round. The final round was four days later and took place at their offices. Final round consisted of three interviews (cases and fit).

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2015.

The first round interviews were 2 back to back 45 minutes each. 5-10 minutes were for behavioral/fit questions, 30 minutes dedicated to the case case, and the rest for questions the applicant has. Behavioral questions were pretty straightforward, the interviewer is just trying to get to know you and see how you work on teams. The cases themselves are not super tricky, as long as you have a clear structure and stay organized throughout it. A lot of graphs (you need to ask the right questions to get the chart data) and some math. Interviewers are there to guide you, not trick you. But that being said, the interviews are definitely interviewee-led.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time an idea of yours at your last job received pushback, and what did you do?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

the first stage of the hiring process is a math part based on quantitate calculus as percentage etc (without calculator), the second part is about the resolution of a business case

Intern Interview

interviewed on campus. flew on site for second round. People are very very nice. Two cases for first round and two cases for second round. Cases are much harder for second round

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2014.

-Applied online on their website
    -Phone call
    -3 interviews about one hour each with a presentation part (20 min) and a study case part. (40 min). Everything during the same day
    -Result at the end of the day

Interview Questions
    • What do you think a consultant do? etc...
      + 3 study cases.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Same as being consultant, however less rounds. Rally depends on who you meet. Sometimes you meet someone who is like you, than it clicks. If not - you are out..

Interview Questions
    • Name the capabilities a great consultant shall have. You answer something smart - Follow up question is, now tell me about situations where you have proved that you have these capabilities.   Answer Question