Boston Consulting Group

440 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

New Delhi

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details BCG is a fantastic Firm, and its selection process is one of the most professional. I have only good things to say about their US team.

The Indian office (esp. Delhi), however, is another story altogether. They are a right mess.

Lateral recruitment and career progression are not aligned with US or Europe, and seem patently illogical and unfortunate.

The recruitment process is fairly standard - with 2 rounds of interviews. Each round consists of 2-3 interviews. Each interview is supposed to be composed of a case and a behavioral part.

Unfortunately, the Delhi-based interviewing consultants evidently lack a key skill - listening. And irrespective of how many interviews they might have conducted, they seem particularly poorly equipped to manage case interviews. In fact, in one case, (based on the feedback later provided to me) the interviewer actually expected me to do the exact opposite of what one is supposed to do in solving a case.

To top it all, they seem pretty cavalier and unprofessional as far as the process and logistics go.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected. Only unexpected thing was the unprofessionalism of both HR and interviewers (multiple reschedules, turning up late, lack of structure, not adhering to scheduled time slots, etc)   Answer Question

Project Leader Interview

Project Leader
Delhi

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in April 2010.

Interview Details 4-5 interviews including HR and final offer. You go ahead only if the previous one is successful. Very consistent interview process across different interviewers. Mostly case based - 2 cases per interview is a minimum. The cases are usually a stripped down version of a real life case example that the person must have gone through.

Interview Question – Why move from a consulting company to another consulting firm   Answer Question

Senior Specialist Interview

Senior Specialist
New Delhi

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in July 2012.

Interview Details Had to go through number if interviews including a technical test.

Negotiation Details – It is very difficult to negotiate. They have set range of salary defined.

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details Hiring and interview process is very structured and planned
There are 2-3 case interviews - one has to don them very well
Finally an HR round but that is a formality

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Position and compensation are fixed for a role

Research Analyst - Global Advantage Practice Interview

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in June 2012.

Interview Details A telephonic HR interview, followed by a face-to-face interview and a telephonic interview with a Manager (based in Belgium). There might be more rounds in the process but can't comment. The position was put on hold abruptly during my interview process.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the market size of a particular Indian sweet in Delhi   View Answer
  • If you are to set up an automobile plant in an Indian state, what all factors would you look at?   View Answer

Associate Interview

Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in July 2012.

Interview Details I applied online and was contacted by email 2 weeks later. I was told that they only have one interview date every month, and was then scheduled for two back-to-back case interviews at their office 2 months later. On the interview day, I was given some information on my interviewers before being led to the interview room. Unfortunately I did not make it pass this round, but was told that there would be 2 more rounds of interviews before the whole process is concluded.

Interview Question – A few motivation and behavioral questions, followed by business cases   Answer Question

Part-time Assistant Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details 15 min interview with 2 consultants and 1 recruiter

Interview Question – Mini case : What factors to look into when deciding entering a new location for the fast-food restaurant?   View Answer

Associate Interview

Tokyo (Japan)

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details I had an initial phone interview, was then invited to a face-to-face interview in the office. The 1st interview went pretty good. The interviewer was friendly and I was able to solve the case with little help. The 2nd interview was scheduled the following week. I had a terrible experience with this one. First, the interviewer was late for 10 min (not sure if he did it on purpose). Then when he finally arrived, he just gave me a stack of paper, asked me to solve the case, and said he would be back in 25 min to see what I have to say. So for the next half an hour, I was just sitting there, working on my paper test. The worst thing was that the whole thing was in Japanese, and I didn't get to ask any clarifying questions!!! When the interviewer came back to the room, he asked me to present my findings in Japanese (totally didn't expect that since the first two interviews were in English). After the case, we had a short talk and he asked me all the typical interview questions.

Interview Question – Solving the case in Japanese   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details I was first invited to a preparation Workshop, it covered the firm’s culture, recruitment process and a sample case analysis. I found the sample case analysis very useful. So there were 3 rounds of interview, each round composed of 2 case interviews. I was interviewed by a principal first, and then a consultant. Unfortunately, I did not make it through the first round. I would recommend interviewees to develop a framework instead of tackling the questions intuitively.

Interview Question – What do you know about private equity?   Answer Question

Full Time Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details Very tough process with extremely brilliant people who make you feel that they are brilliant.
You have to be completely exhaustive during the case, methodical, structured and seem confident.
I really enjoyed the whole process.

The final round is very challenging. Case studies are more about brainstorming.

Good Luck

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to team up with people   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boston Consulting Group

Worked for Boston Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boston Consulting Group interview questions and advice. All 440 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Boston Consulting Group employees and interview candidates.