Boston Consulting Group

3.9

51 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2012.

There were 2-3 rounds of presentations made by team coming down from BCG to the campus. Initial resume submission, followed by a shortlisting of candidates. This is followed up by a dinner with few consultants and partners. Finally, 2 to 3 rounds of 1:1 interviews are conducted based on case-interviews & few HR type of questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Summer Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Write Cover letter and submit Resume. You are invited to their offices to take the test. Had some travel the first time because their system was not working. I had to come another day.

Summer Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

First I had to do the new BCG test (which is very similar to the McKinsey one, but all questions are about one single case). They didn't really seem to put much weight to it. I asked afterwords and my interviewers didn't even know how I did. Only if you failed, they would know. Then there was a case study with a Project Manager. Went really well. Second round was an In-basket exercise (which I messed up) and another case study with a Partner. Nailed the case study again, but kind of messed up some calculations in the in-basket. They made me re-run the second round, cause they thought I had a lot of potential but they couldn't give me an offer yet since I had to nail analytics as well. In the second second round I had bad interviewers. Very uninterested and unfriendly. (May have something to do with the fact that they only got notified the day itself that they had to give me an interview, because of the re-run). Didn't get the offer.

Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2015.

Initially took part in on campus networking, then resume drop, then first round interview. Did no extra informationals, but would probably have helped. I did two back to back interviews, each with a behavioral and a case. Cases were certainly tricky; good preparation is essential. I used Case In Point and other resources and they helped a lot. Interviewers were great people, very laid back and made the interview much more easy and less stressful.

Interview Questions
    • No incredibly difficult ones. Maybe "tell me about a time you had to sell an idea to a higher level" or influence someone/create buy in - have a good story for those!   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

You must must must practice case studies with a partner, it's not really enough to just read Case in Point (although it's a good starting point). You can't really be over prepared. Make sure to be organized and logical in your approach.

Summer Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

1st round of 2 back to back 30 minute interviews. Standard behavioral questions and a case.
    2nd round of 3 back to back 45 minute interviews. Requires more creativity. They usually let the candidates know about the good news the evening of the interview day.

Interview Questions
    • The case questions are not extremely difficult but they do require you to learn about a new industry quickly. One of the most difficult part is to perform well for 3 hours long.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

I went through on-campus recruiting from an Ivy League school. Had 2 back-to-back, 45min interviews with 15min on fit questions and 30min on a case. One interview was with a Project Leader and the other was with a Consultant. Very straightforward cases and general consulting questions (Why consulting? When have you worked on a team with difficult team members? etc.) Heard back within a week that I made it to final rounds at my top office choice. Was flown out and final round interviews were the same as first round, although they were with higher-ups in the firm.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, ON (Canada)

interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2014.

Applied through the university career portal. only made it to first rounds, had 2 45 minute interviews. A case for each. Very straightforward cases, interviewers were very professional. Make sure you have good questions to ask at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Given a graph with 3 possible scenarios, asked whether or not the company should invest.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Applied online, got invited for an interview a week after the deadline.

Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

After on-campus networking sessions, the next step was to apply via my campus career center for an on-campus interview. The first round, they interviewed around 100 candidates on-campus, with a relatively small fraction moving onto second-rounds at each native office. The first-round consisted of two 45-minute interviews, with about 10-15 minutes of fit and a case for each. The second round was a similar format at the BCG office in my city of choice, but the cases were generally more involved, with the case given to me by the Partner being significantly more challenging and quantitative.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me how the situation that we have reached in this case is game theoretical, and how you would choose the best option.   Answer Question