Boston Scientific

115 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview Details The hiring process is very long and the recruiter did not seem to know the interviewing steps or the process well. You interview with many people and they make changes to the interview times with no regard to the interviewee. The recruiter never seems to be available or answers calls in a timely matter.

Interview Question – Not difficult but personal. It seems they try to find out if you will be a type of person who does not have outside responsibilities to insure you will work long days. The questions I found odd were more on the personal side like what your hobbies are and family life.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – There does not seem to be a life/work balance.

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Manufacturing Engineer I
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview Details One phone interview: Thirty minutes, very business-like, purely about factual knowledge and previous experience.
One in-house interview: 4+ hour interview with 5 different people, one at a time for ~45 min each. Final person was director level for 1.5 hours. Interviewers were Senior Engineer level and above. Some factual questions, but mostly personality and experience questions. It was important to them to find an employee that would fit with company culture. Interview was relaxed and not stressful. Conversation with director was about career goals and company culture.

The company moved very quickly from the phone interview forward. An offer letter was sent within two days of the in person interview.

Interview Question – Several technical questions about statistics. Meaning and significance of mean, median, mode, standard deviation, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated a signing bonus. The company was immovable on salary, but a signing bonus was settled on due to another competing offer.

Quality Engineer II Interview

Quality Engineer II
Maple Grove, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Boston Scientific in April 2010.

Interview Details Interviews were panel interviews with each panel ocmprised of either Engineers or Managers. Good questioning that focused on the resume.

Interview Question – Mostly routine questions. Nothing extraordinary   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You had to accept the initial offer. Not much berth for negotiation

Boston Scientific IS Intern Interview

Boston Scientific IS Intern

Interviewed at Boston Scientific

Interview Details I was invited to a networking event and was contacted for an hour interview. Two thirty minute sessions. First thirty was all off job experience and the second was all based on academic experience. The interviewers were extremely friendly and made you feel comfortable from the moment you walked in.

Interview Question – A time you inspired someone.   Answer Question

SharePoint Consultant Interview

SharePoint Consultant

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview Details Generic questions about CMS, SharePoint.

Interview Question – NA   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Financial Planning Intern Interview

Financial Planning Intern
Waltham, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boston Scientific in February 2014.

Interview Details Full 1hr on-campus interview. I was interviewed by 2 different people, both young alumni from my school. Basic behavioral questions, mainly highlighting resume achievements.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
Saint Paul, MN (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview Details phone interviews, then 14 in person 30 minute interviews. some of the people who interviewed me I never met with again.

Interview Question – really nothing I couldn't handle. seemed like it was all from a standard interview guide.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I took a pay cut to join the team, and there was no wiggle room on the salary. signing bonus helped somewhat offset the pay gap.

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Natick, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Boston Scientific in September 2012.

Interview Details BSC actively recruited me. Interview process was pretty laid back until the end when it was time to negotiate start date. First interview was screening with HR, then had phone call with hiring manager, then trip to Natick. I was leaving from a competitor and there was an issue with comp owed to me from my former employer. I was constantly reminded that there was a raise in pay, and that I should be happy joining such a great company for the right reasons. They also reminded me there were layoffs at my current company. I didn't budge and stalled two months. When they realized I hadn't been laid off and I wouldn't leave unless they sweetened the pot, they caved. HR was very pushy, asked some questions that were borderline inappropriate. Seemed like there was a lot of unnecessary red tape around title, comp, etc.

Interview Question – Do you think you will like working for your boss? Do you think you will like the culture here- we don't want to make a mistake?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I took my time and stalled. They ended up giving me what I asked for.

OPS Project Manager Interview

OPS Project Manager
Fremont, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Boston Scientific in January 2014.

Interview Details Interview process took 1 month. Initial phone screening with HR person, then phone interview with hiring manager, followed by an on-site meeting with directors, co-workers and people in similar positions in other departments. Another round of phone and on-site interviews.

Interview Question – Give me three of your weaknesses   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview Details Initial phone interview was with a person completely unfamiliar with the position. She was unable to answer the questions I had.

Worked for Boston Scientific? Contribute to the Community!