Boston Scientific Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2014
Updated Aug 27, 2014

2.9

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boston Scientific in July 2012.

Hiring process took about 2-3 weeks. I had several phone interviews with HR and manager. interview process went well however it seems as though they hire more outside people from a staffing agencies than hiring full time.

Network Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marlborough, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Boston Scientific in July 2014.

I applied online for this position last week of June and got a call from one of their HR people couple of weeks later who then set up a phone interview with the Cyber Security Operations manager. It was a straight forward interview with him where he asked a few questions from my resume and my experience etc. Then he asked me to come over for an onsite interview in a few days. I got no response from their HR team about it for over a week. They were pretty annoying in that they never responded to any phone calls or emails. I followed up with the hiring manager about it and soon after an interview date was set up the following week. The interview process was alright. I had an interview with three other team members, who asked quite a bit of questions from my resume and technical terms related to Network Security. They vastly elaborated on things they work on and what vendors they used. Most of them were very friendly and offered good insights to the field of Security. I left the interview feeling I'd done quite well.

The hiring manager told me to email him if I didn't hear about a decision in a week or so. Thats exactly what I did. He replied to me saying there was some 'BSC initiative' due to which the hiring has been put on hold and they can't hire anyone. Said once they get the permission to hire, he'd love to call me in for a second interview. If thats so, why did you interview me in the first place? I kinda sensed it was some sort of hoax to keep me as a backup option in case their preferred candidate turned them down. A couple of weeks later, I visited the job posting for this position in their website and it said that the position has been filled. I had expected it so wasn't bothered but what disappointed me the most was the fact that they didn't have the decency to inform me about it. Had I not been advised through others before that the position has been filled, I'd still be living in false hope that I may get a second interview from them. You'd expect a company like Boston Scientific to have the courtesy to inform candidates if they aren't going to be hired. I wasn't disappointed with the fact that I didn't get it, I knew I may not be the perfect candidate and all. But least you could do is inform the person he isn't going to be hired.

Interview Questions
    • Most were pretty straight forward in the entire process with questions ranging from your resume and experience on the technologies you have worked with as an intern or in school.   Answer Question

Product Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Valencia, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Scientific in July 2014.

The hiring process took about 2 months from the schedule of the 1st phone interview to the offer letter. I had a phone interview with the recruiter and hiring manager, basically went over the job description and asked pretty direct questions about my experience for the job in which I applied for. 3 weeks later I was invited to do face to face interviews with 5 people from the team. They were all given 30 minutes for one on one time with me. I enjoyed this part because you get to meet the team and get a feel of what your getting yourself into. Overall the team was welcoming and intelligent. I had a brief excel test that one of the analyst made. I felt good about the interviews, unfortunately the director of the department wanted to meet with me as well since he was traveling, we couldn't meet for another 3 weeks. I think the process is normally faster.

Interview Questions
    The salary offer was set in stone, but they offered a higher signing bonus to offset the gap plus higher annual bonus payout.

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Scientific.

HR contacted about a position that was open at that time. Scheduled a phone interview. Reached out after 4 weeks for a face to face interview. By that time, Sr.QE position was closed. However, attended the interview. Was interviewed by 6 QE managers in 3 hrs.

Interview Questions
    • Lessons learned for recalls.
      What do you do on a good day Vs bad day? What do you consider as a bad day?
        Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Boston Scientific.

The hiring process is very long and the recruiter did not seem to know the interviewing steps or the process well. You interview with many people and they make changes to the interview times with no regard to the interviewee. The recruiter never seems to be available or answers calls in a timely matter.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult but personal. It seems they try to find out if you will be a type of person who does not have outside responsibilities to insure you will work long days. The questions I found odd were more on the personal side like what your hobbies are and family life.   Answer Question

There does not seem to be a life/work balance.

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Boston Scientific.

One phone interview: Thirty minutes, very business-like, purely about factual knowledge and previous experience.
    One in-house interview: 4+ hour interview with 5 different people, one at a time for ~45 min each. Final person was director level for 1.5 hours. Interviewers were Senior Engineer level and above. Some factual questions, but mostly personality and experience questions. It was important to them to find an employee that would fit with company culture. Interview was relaxed and not stressful. Conversation with director was about career goals and company culture.

The company moved very quickly from the phone interview forward. An offer letter was sent within two days of the in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Several technical questions about statistics. Meaning and significance of mean, median, mode, standard deviation, etc.   Answer Question
    Negotiated a signing bonus. The company was immovable on salary, but a signing bonus was settled on due to another competing offer.

Quality Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Maple Grove, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boston Scientific in April 2010.

Interviews were panel interviews with each panel ocmprised of either Engineers or Managers. Good questioning that focused on the resume.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly routine questions. Nothing extraordinary   View Answer
    You had to accept the initial offer. Not much berth for negotiation

Boston Scientific IS Intern Interview

I was invited to a networking event and was contacted for an hour interview. Two thirty minute sessions. First thirty was all off job experience and the second was all based on academic experience. The interviewers were extremely friendly and made you feel comfortable from the moment you walked in.

SharePoint Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Generic questions about CMS, SharePoint.

no negotiation

Financial Planning Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waltham, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boston Scientific in February 2014.

Full 1hr on-campus interview. I was interviewed by 2 different people, both young alumni from my school. Basic behavioral questions, mainly highlighting resume achievements.

Interview Questions

Worked for Boston Scientific? Contribute to the Community!