Boston University Interview Questions

Updated 4 Aug 2014
Updated 4 Aug 2014

2.6

Program Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Boston University.

Two rounds of interviews. First was with HR and one hiring manager with basic job interview questions. Second interview was with three senior staff and had more behavioral and industry specific questions.

Interview Questions
    • What are the three biggest challenges in higher education today?   Answer Question
    Offered me what I stated my current salary was and negotiated for slightly more.

Program Manager CSC Interview

I have always had positive interview experiences for student positions at Boston University. The CSC office is no different. The Director and Asst. Director as well as students in the interview make you feel welcome and like you are worth their time. This immediately put me at ease and allowed me to focus on crafting my responses instead of my nerves. Further, they find places to relate to you.

Interview Questions
    • They always try to put people at ease by asking them something like what song describes you or who would play you in a movie. This isn't something I generally think about so I just said the first thing that popped into my head, which probably didn't make any sense.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Aid Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boston University.

one interview with management. second with hr. very nice people. seems like a great culture to work in. asked relevant work experience questions. focus on award processing. the position seemed to have a great work/life balance. second interview with hr. this was negotiation of salary and find out more about benefits and agreement before offer can be made

for better paying position

Secrer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boston University.

Quick and easy.

Interview Questions
    • Parents often complain about additional charges- How would you address their concern?   View Answer

Research Analyst, Institutional Research Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Boston University in April 2014.

I had two interviews total for this position. I met with several very nice people from the office, which demonstrated to me how nice of an environment the office seemed. The only drawback to this process is how slow they are to get back to you, which is fairly common in higher ed, at least (not sure about other industries). Still waiting to hear back...

Interview Questions
    • Questions were normal or typical- nothing out of left field.   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Boston University.

General PhD applications with most of the details on the department webpage.
    There are two streams: Post-Bachelor and Post-Master. PB is generally five years for ECE department, while PM is usually 4.
    Online application requires personal statement of purpose, reference letters from previous professors, GRE General Test, (English exams if your first language is not English, and in some cases can be waived), Transcripts, and other supplementary materials.
    It is also help to contact professors you are interested to work with.

Interview Questions
    • Personal Statement should address issues including research interests. It is not a detailed research proposal, but one has to demonstrate genuine research interest, possibly via showcasing past experiences in relevant fields (study, project or internship).   Answer Question

Doctoral Candidate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Boston University.

Traditional graduate school application process

Research Assistant Interview

No interview needed. Just talk with the professors here to see if they have open positions

Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Boston University.

I sent an email to my professor and asked him if he could take me as a teaching assistant during the coming summer session. then he accepted.

Interview Questions
    • there is no really an interview process since he had known me very well throughout the semester   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

A 30 minutes chat with the professor. Talks about yourself, your strength and why would you like this job. Nothing technical. the professor would tell you about the responsibilities and his or her expectation.

Interview Questions

Worked for Boston University? Contribute to the Community!