Boys & Girls Clubs Interview Questions

Updated 7 Aug 2014
Updated 7 Aug 2014

2.4

Teen Program Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Was called to interview for a position different from the one I applied for. I spoke with Human Resources on the phone and then had a panel first round interview. Met with the director for a second round interview. Human Resources was very quick to follow up after the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of situational questions (describe a time when you had to work with a difficult teen, etc) and I was asked to describe my youth development philosophy.   Answer Question

Computer Lab Instructor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Was initially given a tour of the facility by two Boys & Girls Club members. Interviewed by the Program Director and Unit Director. They were very professional and very specific in their questions regarding experience with technology and working with children.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were very difficult or unexpected. Questions related to technical aptitude, experience working with children and where I saw myself in three (3) years.   Answer Question

Program Director Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Pretty standard process. Submit a job application and resume to HR. They will call to set up an interview, which involves two people. They ask questions related to the job you're applying for, give scenarios and ask your response, ask about experience and interest in the organization. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • Responding to scenario questions would be difficult if you have no experience.   Answer Question
    They do not do a lot of negotiating, they offer you a position.

Teen Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Loveland, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in May 2014.

Applied on their website, and received an initial interview the following week. It was a very typical interview with different scenarios where I was asked to explain how I would respond in different situations. I was also asked about my previous experience and how I would relate to the kids I would be working with. I was called back for a second interview, which is not until next week.

Interview Questions
    • This is not a direct quote, but I was asked something like "Since the Teen Program at our center is relatively new and undeveloped, what steps would you take to help grow the program and how would you try to attract more teens in our community to the program? Also, how would you help more teens understand that this program is not just for younger children?"   Answer Question

Director Organizational Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in April 2014.

Initial interview with recruiter, then panel interview with hiring manager and others. Recruiter left organization in middle of process - communication from organization stopped. No coordination with candidates regarding change for communication and/or receipt of materials/info sent to recruiter

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

The process of getting a job at the camp was to either know someone that works there currently or to be hired through the counselor in training program.

Part Time Seasonal Staff Interview

I got hired when I was 15, I came to the interview in soccer workout clothes because I had practice right after. The YDS was very understanding and didn't try to treat me like an adult applying for a very formal position.

Digital Connectors Program Instructor Interview

I was referred to them by a hiring company and I was interviewed only once. I was interviewed by a panel of 5 people. They had a list of questions and asking one by one. Most of questions were from background knowledge and experience and I did good on that.

Interview Questions
    • There was a question asking about what you have done to improve the process in your previous jobs.   Answer Question

I got busy with my college and studying. Plus I didn't have any transportation on that time.

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Utica, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utica, NY (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Very informal interview. I applied for a position as a program director and was given a job offer. I later found out that the position was not open and had to accept a position as a group leader.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Activities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Escondido, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

They emailed me right away for an interview, and it was an overall positive experience. I felt like they wanted to ask me a lot of questions that were related to the job, but they also wanted to know what drew me to the company and the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is another application for a pencil, besides writing.   Answer Question
    It was pretty straightforward, not a lot of room to negotiate.

Worked for Boys & Girls Clubs? Contribute to the Community!