Boys & Girls Clubs Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 7, 2014
55 interviews

2.4

Teen Program Director Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Was called to interview for a position different from the one I applied for. I spoke with Human Resources on the phone and then had a panel first round interview. Met with the director for a second round interview. Human Resources was very quick to follow up after the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of situational questions (describe a time when you had to work with a difficult teen, etc) and I was asked to describe my youth development philosophy.   Answer Question

Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Trenton, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in April 2012.

They were very detailed. I felt like they genuinely cared about providing the best services to the members. I put in an application on April 2, 2012. I had an interview on April 16, 2012 and was hired the same day.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are based around following childcare and NJ After 3 guidelines.   Answer Question
    There was none.

Director Organizational Development Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in April 2014.

Initial interview with recruiter, then panel interview with hiring manager and others. Recruiter left organization in middle of process - communication from organization stopped. No coordination with candidates regarding change for communication and/or receipt of materials/info sent to recruiter

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Monica, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in August 2013.

Usual questions. Apparently there has been a great deal of turn over in this particular department. The approach to acquiring new donors is through direct mail (very expensive). Staff is not allowed to talk with and/or meet with Board.

With the reputation of such a fine organization, I was surprised they gave me the offer letter on the first day of work. My mistake, always ask for the offer letter before you start the job.

Manager, Programs and Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in March 2010.

Very good process and warm staff. I never felt that it was unorganized. The only issue was that the position itself was undefined and the collective organization did not necessarily approve of it. Obviously I found out about this AFTER.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that you could work on?   View Answer
    I was told what the salary was.

Computer Lab Instructor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Was initially given a tour of the facility by two Boys & Girls Club members. Interviewed by the Program Director and Unit Director. They were very professional and very specific in their questions regarding experience with technology and working with children.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were very difficult or unexpected. Questions related to technical aptitude, experience working with children and where I saw myself in three (3) years.   Answer Question

Teen Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Loveland, CO (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in May 2014.

Applied on their website, and received an initial interview the following week. It was a very typical interview with different scenarios where I was asked to explain how I would respond in different situations. I was also asked about my previous experience and how I would relate to the kids I would be working with. I was called back for a second interview, which is not until next week.

Interview Questions
    • This is not a direct quote, but I was asked something like "Since the Teen Program at our center is relatively new and undeveloped, what steps would you take to help grow the program and how would you try to attract more teens in our community to the program? Also, how would you help more teens understand that this program is not just for younger children?"   Answer Question

Program Director Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Pretty standard process. Submit a job application and resume to HR. They will call to set up an interview, which involves two people. They ask questions related to the job you're applying for, give scenarios and ask your response, ask about experience and interest in the organization. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • Responding to scenario questions would be difficult if you have no experience.   Answer Question
    They do not do a lot of negotiating, they offer you a position.

Staff Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in February 2010.

Very positive, and easy going process. People were friendly, quick, and overachieving.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have dinner with any 3 people either dead or alive, who would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Child Care Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandler, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in May 2011.

Met with boss for short informal interview and got the job a week later.

There was none.

Worked for Boys & Girls Clubs? Contribute to the Community!